Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] TWRP RESTORE BACK UP: extracttarfork() process ended with error=255
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] TWRP RESTORE BACK UP: extracttarfork() process ended with error=255

[Please help] TWRP RESTORE BACK UP: extracttarfork() process ended with error=255

kimuy
kimuy
kimuy
Enthusiastic Member
30-05-2017, 01:48 PM

Hi everyone.

After installing a custom rom on my phone, it stucks in animation boot. The good thing is I can go to my custom recovery and before customizing my android phone, I backed up it. The problem I encounter now is that everytime I try to restore, " extracttarfork() process ended with error=255" shows then restoring failed. I hope there is a way to fix this.

Thank you [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my SM-T113 using the Hovatek Forum App
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
30-05-2017, 07:20 PM
(30-05-2017, 01:48 PM)kimuy Hi everyone.

After installing a custom rom on my phone, it stucks in animation boot. The good thing is I can go to my custom recovery and before customizing my android phone, I backed up it. The problem I encounter now is that everytime I try to restore, " extracttarfork() process ended with error=255" shows then restoring failed. I hope there is a way to fix this.

Thank you [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Which partitions did you backup in TWRP?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
kimuy
kimuy
kimuy
Enthusiastic Member
31-05-2017, 10:39 AM
All of it

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
31-05-2017, 06:58 PM
(31-05-2017, 10:39 AM)kimuy All of it

try restoring just one partition (e.g boot.img), untick the rest

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
02-05-2018, 07:07 PM

I can't solve dis either always occur wen u want to backup system or data ,tried mount option only yielded zero any tips
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-05-2018, 12:47 PM
(02-05-2018, 07:07 PM)alumi4skop I can't solve dis either always occur wen u want to backup system or data ,tried mount option only yielded zero any tips

Please, create a new thread, this is someone else's support thread
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread

Note!
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
05-05-2018, 03:28 PM
(02-05-2018, 07:07 PM)alumi4skop I can't solve dis either always occur wen u want to backup system or data ,tried mount option only yielded zero any tips

Solved mine after reading the log file in d recovery den get a root xplorer and edit watever damn is causing d pain ,but make to make a rom backup first,not responsible for any bricking whatsoever but it solved couples of d problem