Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Gionee M6 Mirror Persistent IMEI error
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Gionee M6 Mirror Persistent IMEI error

Gionee M6 Mirror Persistent IMEI error

benarex
benarex
benarex
26-04-2017, 05:57 PM

I unlocked bootloader through fastboot, flashed Philz Custom Recovery and then rooted the phone. That's where my imei problem started. I've employed all means of solving this problem without any success. I notice that each time I use any of those methods of curing the defects the imei would change but remains invalid and with the two original imei will change to 5w61wpwp7 and 5w61wpwp7w351#0. Where am I getting it wrong?

Sent from my M6 mirror using the Hovatek Forum App
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-04-2017, 08:31 AM
(26-04-2017, 05:57 PM)benarex I unlocked bootloader through fastboot, flashed Philz Custom Recovery and then rooted the phone. That's where my imei problem started. I've employed all means of solving this problem without any success. I notice that each time I use any of those methods of curing the defects the imei would change but remains invalid and with the two original imei will change to 5w61wpwp7 and 5w61wpwp7w351#0. Where am I getting it wrong?

Try flashing back stock recovery and boot.img, re-write IMEI then see if the IMEI issue persists

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
benarex
benarex
benarex
28-04-2017, 04:47 AM
Thanks everyone, I finally solved the imei problem by writing it with maui meta 3g build 9....A post I saw elsewhere indicated that only SN WRITER TOOL and MAUI META 3G can actually rewrite imei number - the rest apps only "scratched the surface" and so I opted for MAUI META cos I can find only the BPLGUInfoCustomAppSrcP_MT67XX in my phone. However, it took some time for me to solve it cos I was using Maui Meta v6... instead of build 9. Once again thank you everyone, I remain grateful.