Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] K-touch Kis 3W Baseband/IMEI
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] K-touch Kis 3W Baseband/IMEI

[Please help] K-touch Kis 3W Baseband/IMEI

awesonjude
awesonjude
awesonjude
16-04-2017, 06:04 PM

I have a K-touch kis 3w which did not boot up. I flashed a ROM I got from internet but got the same result. I saw a post which advised that one can flash Karbonn Titanium S9 on it.
Though the phone worked but the colour is not complete and phone is upside down.
I flashed the uboot(i.e lk.bin) of the original backup and the phone became normal but the baseband is unknown and invalid imei.
If I flash the uboot of Karbonn Titanium S9 to the phone, the baseband will be there but the phone is upside down with poor colour.
I'm pretty confused because I believed baseband and imei is supposed to be affected by secro and not uboot.
Please advise me on way forward.
Thanks in anticipation.

Sent from my SM-T217S using the Hovatek Forum App
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
16-04-2017, 07:19 PM
(16-04-2017, 06:04 PM)awesonjude I have a K-touch kis 3w which did not boot up. I flashed a ROM I got from internet but got the same result. I saw a post which advised that one can flash Karbonn Titanium S9 on it.
Though the phone worked but the colour is not complete and phone is upside down.
I flashed the uboot(i.e lk.bin) of the original backup and the phone became normal but the baseband is unknown and invalid imei.
If I flash the uboot of Karbonn Titanium S9 to the phone, the baseband will be there but the phone is upside down with poor colour.
I'm pretty confused because I believed baseband and imei is supposed to be affected by secro and not uboot.
Thanks in anticipation.

You are absolutely right. Uboot shouldn't affect baseband.

Try this.
Create a new folder, copy all files from the firmware that gives multi color issue,
Then copy only uboot from the firmware that fixes the display to the same folder, overwriting the uboot file that's already present within the folder,
Then try flashing them all at once.

Let's know the outcome

Sent from my itel it1408 using the Hovatek Forum App
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-04-2017, 11:49 PM
(16-04-2017, 06:04 PM)awesonjude I have a K-touch kis 3w which did not boot up. I flashed a ROM I got from internet but got the same result. I saw a post which advised that one can flash Karbonn Titanium S9 on it.
Thanks in anticipation.

Uboot.bin = lk.bin and thats a part of the kernel so yes, this is quite possible although rare.
Did you try wiping the phone under Settings > Backup & reset when faced with unknown Baseband?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
awesonjude
awesonjude
awesonjude
17-04-2017, 11:05 AM
(16-04-2017, 11:49 PM)hovatek
Thanks in anticipation.

Uboot.bin = lk.bin and thats a part of the kernel so yes, this is quite possible although rare.
Did you try wiping the phone under Settings > Backup & reset when faced with unknown Baseband?

I wiped it in settings but it is still the same.

awesonjude
awesonjude
awesonjude
17-04-2017, 11:07 AM

(16-04-2017, 07:19 PM)freshtyt
Thanks in anticipation.

You are absolutely right. Uboot shouldn't affect baseband.

Try this.
Create a new folder, copy all files from the firmware that gives multi color issue,
Then copy only uboot from the firmware that fixes the display to the same folder, overwriting the uboot file that's already present within the folder,
Then try flashing them all at once.

Let's know the outcome

Sent from my itel it1408 using the Hovatek Forum App

The result is the same.
I wish one can flash uboot alone with Miracle software given that it has the optioned of flashing firmware without tampering SN etc

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
17-04-2017, 07:31 PM
(17-04-2017, 11:07 AM)awesonjude The result is the same.
I wish one can flash uboot alone with Miracle software given that it has the optioned of flashing firmware without tampering SN etc

This is very weird. BUT try this
flash the rom that gives the multicolor screen, then backup secro and nvram using miracle box
then flash the rom that gives the normal display, then write the secro and nvram backup you made still using miracle box.

If it still doesn't work, you might want to consider searching for a different rom OR dumping the firmware of a working device same model as yours