Hovatek Forum HARDWARE Repairs [Please help] lg v10 h901 (T-mobile) - no sound
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] lg v10 h901 (T-mobile) - no sound

[Please help] lg v10 h901 (T-mobile) - no sound

lgv10ch
lgv10ch
lgv10ch
12-03-2017, 08:49 AM

This is a LG V10 H901 locked to T-mobile. According to previous owner, the device was rescued out of being stuck on initial LG Logo, I assume this was some "bootloop" solved procedure. Then it was discovered another error; there is no sound via Android sound system, including speaker/headphone/BT. Ominous silence!

However, sound is available via USB media player or recorder app.

Even if these symptoms most likely would indicate a motherboard severe error, I am hopeful that it could be something with the software modules of the audio system.

Perhaps an attempt to unlock device caused a T-mobile trap to execute? Or an attempt to root and/or flash another Android version was unsuccessful, and then reverting to the original had the sound not working? Silly questions perhaps, but just to ask out in the air...

In case anyone has helpful remarks, I am a audio engineer that develops e.g. media apps for android, and I am experienced in dismounting mobiles phones (change cracked screen on son's phone, etc). Thus, I have already dismounted and mounted this LG V10 device (without results) and can do it again per instructions here in the forum. I will indeed try any possible remedy

I have another lg v10 h960 as reference. Except for the missing sound, these two devices are a blue print copy of each other through the LG backup system.
shigege
shigege
shigege
12-03-2017, 05:00 PM
(12-03-2017, 08:49 AM)lgv10ch However, sound is available via USB media player or recorder app.

Do you get actual sound outputs from these two or just an animation (indicating a presence of sound) from their Mixers / Equalizers?

Sent from my Infinix X510 using the Hovatek Forum App
lgv10ch
lgv10ch
lgv10ch
14-03-2017, 11:13 AM
(12-03-2017, 05:00 PM)shigege
(12-03-2017, 08:49 AM)lgv10ch However, sound is available via USB media player or recorder app.

Do you get actual sound outputs from these two or just an animation (indicating a presence of sound) from their Mixers / Equalizers?

From the OK reference unit, I get android sound as well as USB sound (input/output)

From the "silent" unit, there is no sound, nor indication of sound, from the Android sound system. For example, if I try to play or make a phone call, the phone goes into sleep for a "minute" while it, in vain, search for audio module. Also, headphone jack insertion is not discovered. The sound module is not awake.

This unit may send and receive usb audio just like the other unit, since this operation does not involve the core Android sound system.

OK?
shigege
shigege
shigege
14-03-2017, 06:48 PM
(14-03-2017, 11:13 AM)lgv10ch From the OK reference unit, I get android sound as well as USB sound (input/output)

From the "silent" unit, there is no sound, nor indication of sound, from the Android sound system. For example, if I try to play or make a phone call, the phone goes into sleep for a "minute" while it, in vain, search for audio module. Also, headphone jack insertion is not discovered. The sound module is not awake.

This unit may send and receive usb audio just like the other unit, since this operation does not involve the core Android sound system.

OK?

I recall a friend had this same issue on an LG G3 about a year + back. He'd SIM unlocked his phone by flashing certain patches then sound issues hit him. He didn't try a USB Media player so I don't know if that got any sound but there was no sound; Ringtone, Headset, Speaker, Bluetooth. I think we got an indication of sound at a point from an FM Radio app.
I also recall us trying Safe Mode and getting a hint that an app / process was blocking the Android System. Flashing another firmware sorted his case because it seemed he'd messed with his phone's Kernel also

lgv10ch
lgv10ch
lgv10ch
14-03-2017, 08:26 PM

(14-03-2017, 06:48 PM)shigege
(14-03-2017, 11:13 AM)lgv10ch From the OK reference unit, I get android sound as well as USB sound (input/output)

OK?

I recall a friend had this same issue on an LG G3 about a year + back. He'd SIM unlocked his phone by flashing certain patches then sound issues hit him. He didn't try a USB Media player so I don't know if that got any sound but there was no sound; Ringtone, Headset, Speaker, Bluetooth. I think we got an indication of sound at a point from an FM Radio app.
I  also recall us trying Safe Mode and getting a hint that an app / process was blocking the Android System. Flashing another firmware sorted his case because it seemed he'd messed with his phone's Kernel also

This is very useful information and is just what I hope to be the case also with this LG V10. There is a need to investigate whether the device has been flashed with non-original Android. Thanks.
shigege
shigege
shigege
15-03-2017, 09:07 AM
(14-03-2017, 08:26 PM)lgv10ch This is very useful information and is just what I hope to be the case also with this LG V10. There is a need to investigate whether the device has been flashed with non-original Android. Thanks.

Keep me posted OK?

lgv10ch
lgv10ch
lgv10ch
15-03-2017, 09:33 AM
(15-03-2017, 09:07 AM)shigege
(14-03-2017, 08:26 PM)lgv10ch This is very useful information and is just what I hope to be the case also with this LG V10. There is a need to investigate whether the device has been flashed with non-original Android. Thanks.

Keep me posted OK?

I will. Installing FM did not help, no hints. Nor in safe mode. I, "the flasher newbie", need to find a way to get this phone back to stock condition. Any recommendations? I found e.g. this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-v10/...k-t3224170. It is being updated for over a year by the creator which is good.

Since there is no sound on this LG V10 H901 (T-mobile), there is nothing to loose here, but I would surely like to use the best and most reliable flashing procedure.
shigege
shigege
shigege
15-03-2017, 06:19 PM
(15-03-2017, 09:33 AM)lgv10ch I will. Installing FM did not help, no hints. Nor in safe mode. I, "the flasher newbie", need to find a way to get this phone back to stock condition. Any recommendations? I found e.g. this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-v10/...k-t3224170. It is being updated for over a year by the creator which is good.

Since there is no sound on this LG V10 H901 (T-mobile), there is nothing to loose here, but I would surely like to use the best and most reliable flashing procedure.

You use LG Flash Tool . I think that guide should suffice
I believe your firmware are here -- http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda%2FLG+V10%2F