Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] micromax a102 not flashing with sp flash tool
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] micromax a102 not flashing with sp flash tool

[Please help] micromax a102 not flashing with sp flash tool

sanjay chouhan
sanjay chouhan
25-02-2017, 12:45 PM

so this is all that happened from start

i own a micromax canvas doodle 3 (a 102) (hw version AW1800G_v1.0)
i downloaded a emotion lolipop rom from xda to flash
my custom recovery was carliv
then i booted with custom recovery but forgot to wipe data( thought i should mention this) and flashed the rom
the installation went smothly upto 20% and then asked to reboot
when rebooted it shows micromax logo and then some static distortion for a sec and goes black
after 10 min it reboots but i can still go into custom recovery
in custom recovery the option to wipe entire system is non selectable but separate wipe catch delvik and data options are there
i wiped the three and redownloaded the rom as well
when i reflash the rom it starts from 20% this time but goes for a short while and asks to reboot
on reboot the same thing happens(logo and static and black)
then i extracted the battery and connected the phone to my win 10 pc with sp flash tool v5.1648
i have the stock firmware file ready but when i download it with sp tool it shows a red bar with DA download 100% and then shows
error s_timeout(0x412)
i tried formatiing function but it showed the same error but wiped my custom recovery softbricking my phone
it still charges but does nothing else

sorry for the long story Tongue  but if you require any other system data or anything else feel free to ask
please help me unbrick this phone as soon as possible
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-02-2017, 09:12 AM
(25-02-2017, 12:45 PM)sanjay chouhan so this is all that happened from start

i own a micromax canvas doodle 3 (a 102) (hw version AW1800G_v1.0)
i downloaded a emotion lolipop rom from xda to flash
my custom recovery was carliv
then i booted with custom recovery but forgot to wipe data( thought i should mention this) and flashed the rom
the installation went smothly upto 20% and then asked to reboot
when rebooted it shows micromax logo and then some static distortion for a sec and goes black
after 10 min it reboots but i can still go into custom recovery
in custom recovery the option to wipe entire system is non selectable but separate wipe catch delvik and data options are there
i wiped the three and redownloaded the rom as well
when i reflash the rom it starts from 20% this time but goes for a short while and asks to reboot
on reboot the same thing happens(logo and static and black)
then i extracted the battery and connected the phone to my win 10 pc with sp flash tool v5.1648
i have the stock firmware file ready but when i download it with sp tool it shows a red bar with DA download 100% and then shows
error s_timeout(0x412)
i tried formatiing function but it showed the same error but wiped my custom recovery softbricking my phone
it still charges but does nothing else

sorry for the long story Tongue  but if you require any other system data or anything else feel free to ask
please help me unbrick this phone as soon as possible

Here's what I'll need to to do:
1. Insert the battery, you'll be flashing with battery
2. Follow the SP flash tool guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html
3. Do not select any option that has to do with Format. Choose download only
4. Don't hold any button on the phone when you connect to PC

Waiting...

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
sanjay chouhan
sanjay chouhan
01-03-2017, 01:31 PM
i realised something that i was using sp tool version 5.1648 for mt6572 but no matter what i do with any setting and with or without battery the tool does recognise the phone but every time shows timeout error
then i tried using the older version v3.1344.214 which came with the firmware
this time i did a memory check before download and evey test was normal but it said NAND memory not found! this had me freaking out and yes the version 5.1648 could not even run a memory check
also with 3.1344 version the download does start but freezes soon afterwards so still no succes
in old ver there is no setting for download with battery
does the version of sp tool and the mt chip it supports are playing a role here? if so then i need to find the mt chip no. of my phone and compatible sp tool
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-03-2017, 10:08 PM
(01-03-2017, 01:31 PM)sanjay chouhan i realised something that i was using sp tool version 5.1648 for mt6572 but no matter what i do with any setting and with or without battery the tool does recognise the phone but every time shows timeout error
then i tried using the older version v3.1344.214 which came with the firmware
this time i did a memory check before download and evey test was normal but it said NAND memory not found! this had me freaking out and yes the version 5.1648 could not even run a memory check
also with 3.1344 version the download does start but freezes soon afterwards so still no succes
in old ver there is no setting for download with battery
does the version of sp tool and the mt chip it supports are playing a role here? if so then i need to find the mt chip no. of my phone and compatible sp tool

Its weird that version 3 can detect the device while version 5 doesn't write.
What's the error message you get in version 3 (with screenshot)?
Also, try updating the phone's drivers using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16839.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.