Hovatek Forum DESKTOP Windows virus IMG009
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

virus IMG009

virus IMG009

Arttie
Arttie
Arttie
Techie Member
24-02-2017, 09:35 PM

Please how do I remove this IMG009 virus without formatting my system, I have many files on it.
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
25-02-2017, 11:53 AM
(24-02-2017, 09:35 PM)Arttie Please how do I remove this IMG009 virus without formatting my system, I have many files on it.

* for a start, get an updated antivirus and scan (full system scan) your PC
* you can install windows and still retain your files (picx, videos, music, documents) but there wont be any hopeĀ for installed softwares except you still have the installer file.
* btw how did you confirm that whatever is happening to your PC is the work of a virus?
Arttie
Arttie
Arttie
Techie Member
25-02-2017, 04:44 PM
(25-02-2017, 11:53 AM)freshtyt
(24-02-2017, 09:35 PM)Arttie Please how do I remove this IMG009 virus without formatting my system, I have many files on it.

* for a start, get an updated antivirus and scan (full system scan) your PC
* you can install windows and still retain your files (picx, videos, music, documents) but there wont be any hopeĀ for installed softwares except you still have the installer file.
* btw how did you confirm that whatever is happening to your PC is the work of a virus?

I had a nasty virus called drive, i found a file that could remove it, after a few days i noticed this IMG009 virus on my harddrive. Thanks
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
25-02-2017, 05:29 PM
(25-02-2017, 04:44 PM)Arttie I had a nasty virus called drive, i found a file that could remove it, after a few days i noticed this IMG009 virus on my harddrive. Thanks

interesting
well, scan your PC using any reliable antivirus. lets see what happens
shigege
shigege
shigege
26-02-2017, 09:57 AM

(25-02-2017, 05:29 PM)freshtyt interesting
well, scan your PC using any reliable antivirus. lets see what happens

Norton Internet Security (30 days trial)
https://us.norton.com/downloads-trial-no...t-security
hackyft
hackyft
hackyft
19-09-2017, 03:12 PM
manually delete the file folder wich is located in user/username/appData/roaming/NsCpuMiner . . .
*the folder is hidden folder so unhide this folder the delete it. if the folder unable to deleted then open task manager then right click on image.exe then End task. . .then try to delete it now. . .
Ahis
Ahis
Ahis
Enthusiastic Member
26-09-2017, 09:51 PM

Do you have Avast Antivirus installed on your system?, if so or not, I suggest you install it and enable a full scan by opening the Avast maintenance interface-->SCAN COMPUTER-->Boot--time Scan. Then in the right white area: click: "Settings" below the "Schedule Now" button-->set "Areas to scan" to All Harddisks-->Adjust "Heuristic sensitivity" to High-->mark the two check-boxes below-->and set "when a threat is found, apply the following action" to "Delete"-->Click " OK" and then click the "Schedule Now" button to finalize the settings and restart your system.
NOTE!: Make sure your battery is fully charged and can last about 2-3 hours in order to avoid interruption during the scan, or have your system plugged-in because it might take up to hours depending on the size your Ram and volume of data to be scanned.
I suppose Avast Antivirus should delete it if the boot-time scan is well-set as above and is successful, Good luck!