Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] How to root micromax q350?
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] How to root micromax q350?

[Please help] How to root micromax q350?

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
vipulawtani
vipulawtani
vipulawtani
Enthusiastic Member
19-02-2017, 08:38 AM

Good morning team hovatek.i thank you all for porting custom recoveries to mtk devices..and i hope you will do that for my device or atleast provide me the correct guide..
my device is micromax q350 mtk 6580 chipset android 6.0
as you probably know by now..every single tool in the market has failed to root my device!mtk droid tools does not support my chipset..
this prompted me to get into porting stuff..so i searched for many mtk6580 devices custom recoveries and i ported around 12 recoveries to this device.all were twrp recoveries and all had the same problem!
the touch was not working in any of them.they showed the correct device battery and temp..and only the lock/power button was working which locked the recovery.after googling i found that twrp 3+ has this bug..so i tried to found a lower twrp version for mtk 6580 but i could not!Then i extracted the system.img of my phone and added su to bin and xbin in my factory system.img.and now i cannot find a proper guide to repack this image to flash t to my phone..
but then i remembered that boot image needs to be modified for android 6 to allow normal root so i gave up hope for this method.
then i came across this forum..where i saw ported CWM/PHLITZ recoveries for mtk 6580 devices!i was very happy bcoz i could not find any cwm/lower twrp/phlitz recovery for mtk 6580 device...so i sat down yesterday and ported two recoveries to my device..one of xgody 17 and other of iris phone..the recoveries booted and both touch and volume buttons were working but they showed errors such as..
cannot mount \cache\recovery\last.log
cannot mount \cache\recovery\last install etc etc
it was unable to mount any partition including sdcard and adb sideload gave the same error with the recoveries..after some googling i know that this error is due to incorrect mount points..how do i go about doing that?
PS:i cannot buy a new phone and i do not want to compile anything for this device from source..because i really do not have that time on my hand.i am going through a very bad phase in my life and a rooted phone is the only good thing that can happen to me..this is not a troll and i want to confess that i will never again buy a device with the latest android version not atleast a device which the developers do not pay attention to
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-02-2017, 06:05 PM
(19-02-2017, 08:38 AM)vipulawtani Good morning team hovatek.i thank you all for porting custom recoveries to mtk devices..and i hope you will do that for my device or atleast provide me the correct guide..
as you probably know by now..every single tool in the market has failed to root my device!mtk droid tools does not support my chipset..
this prompted me to get into porting stuff..so i searched for many mtk6580 devices custom recoveries and i ported around 12 recoveries to this device.all were twrp recoveries and all had the same problem!
the touch was not working in any of them.they showed the correct device battery and temp..and only the lock/power button was working which locked the recovery.after googling i found that twrp 3+ has this bug..so i tried to found a lower twrp version for mtk 6580 but i could not!Then i extracted the system.img of my phone and added su to bin and xbin in my factory system.img.and now i cannot find a proper guide to repack this image to flash t to my phone..
but then i remembered that boot image needs to be modified for android 6 to allow normal root so i gave up hope for this method.
then i came across this forum..where i saw ported CWM/PHLITZ recoveries for mtk 6580 devices!i was very happy bcoz i could not find any cwm/lower twrp/phlitz recovery for mtk 6580 device...so i sat down yesterday and ported two recoveries to my device..one of xgody 17 and other of iris phone..the recoveries booted and both touch and volume buttons were working but they showed errors such as..
it was unable to mount any partition including sdcard and adb sideload gave the same error with the recoveries..after some googling i know that this error is due to incorrect mount points..how do i go about doing that?
PS:i cannot buy a new phone and i do not want to compile anything for this device from source..because i really do not have that time on my hand.i am going through a very bad phase in my life and a rooted phone is the only good thing that can happen to me..this is not a troll and i want to confess that i will never again buy a device with the latest android version not atleast a device which the developers do not pay attention to

You've come really far and are almost there.
That error could mean a problem at the /system level, mount points or the recovery itself.
Upload the stock recovery.img and scatter file, I'll help port Philz or CWM for your phone

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
vipulawtani
vipulawtani
vipulawtani
Enthusiastic Member
19-02-2017, 08:58 PM
Thank you so much for the reply!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9T34-7...p=drivesdk
This is the link for scatter file.
This is the link for stock recovery.Best of luck!
vipulawtani
vipulawtani
vipulawtani
Enthusiastic Member
20-02-2017, 09:56 AM
(19-02-2017, 06:05 PM)hovatek
(19-02-2017, 08:38 AM)vipulawtani Good morning team hovatek.i thank you all for porting custom recoveries to mtk devices..and i hope you will do that for my device or atleast provide me the correct guide..

You've come really far and are almost there.
That error could mean a problem at the /system level, mount points or the recovery itself.
Upload the stock recovery.img and scatter file, I'll help port Philz or CWM for your phone

Thank you so much for the reply!

Sent from my Micromax Q350 using Hovatek mobile
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-02-2017, 10:08 AM

(19-02-2017, 08:58 PM)vipulawtani Thank you so much for the reply!

Try this Philz recovery @ https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4S-Z72...x0azA/view
Let me know how it goes
This post was last modified: 20-02-2017, 10:12 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
vipulawtani
vipulawtani
vipulawtani
Enthusiastic Member
20-02-2017, 01:41 PM
(20-02-2017, 10:08 AM)hovatek

Let me know how it goes

hey there...thanks..you finally created a working recovery for my device without any errors.
i booted into recovery by fastboot temporary boot and flashed the 2.79 supersu systemless update.the update was successfully installed(it showed things like patching image,mounting,flashing image,creating ramdisk,patching se policy etc etc).when i rebooted the device..there was the regular splash logo..then just after the boot animation started there was white screen and then the phone rebooted.now this time it booted up and showed optimising app(1 of 1).after that i saw supersu in my drawer but when i opened it it showed the same message that would appear on a rooted phone-su binary not installed!
so the phone ws not rooted but the update left these things in the /partition(i mean the phone system partition which is read only)--
there is a su folder which containes the following files:bin,etc,lib,lost+found,su.d,xbin,xbin_bind.other folders /system and /bin and /xbin were untouched(no new files in them).this is to be expected from systemless root but then why didnt the phone get rooted?did something happen when the white screen showed up after the boot splash logo of micromax?or is there a problem with the superuser package?what to do now?should i try with other supersu version updates?
vipulawtani
vipulawtani
vipulawtani
Enthusiastic Member
20-02-2017, 02:48 PM
(20-02-2017, 01:41 PM)vipulawtani

Let me know how it goes

hey there...thanks..you finally created a working recovery for my device without any errors.
i booted into recovery by fastboot temporary boot and flashed the 2.79 supersu systemless update.the update was successfully installed(it showed things like patching image,mounting,flashing image,creating ramdisk,patching se policy etc etc).when i rebooted the device..there was the regular splash logo..then just after the boot animation started there was white screen and then the phone rebooted.now this time it booted up and showed optimising app(1 of 1).after that i saw supersu in my drawer but when i opened it it showed the same message that would appear on a rooted phone-su binary not installed!
so the phone ws not rooted but the update left these things in the /partition(i mean the phone system partition which is read only)--
there is a su folder which containes the following files:bin,etc,lib,lost+found,su.d,xbin,xbin_bind.other folders /system and /bin and /xbin were untouched(no new files in them).this is to be expected from systemless root but then why didnt the phone get rooted?did something happen when the white screen showed up after the boot splash logo of micromax?or is there a problem with the superuser package?what to do now?should i try with other supersu version updates?
EDIT:i repeated the process with supersu 2.65 and same thing happened(although no white screen here).after that i installed xposed sdk 23(for android 6) in hope that atleast xposed will work.the device got stuck on boot animation at boot.even after flashing stock boot img the device was unable to boot up.so i flashed full stock rom from sp tools.the device booted up.now i installed the ported recovery through sp flash tools,booted into recovery(through adb of course)and flashed supersu 2.65.same thing happened with the white screen and no su binary this time also.it did leave the su folder with the files as mentioned above.what is going wrong?
vipulawtani
vipulawtani
vipulawtani
Enthusiastic Member
20-02-2017, 02:55 PM
(20-02-2017, 02:48 PM)vipulawtani

Let me know how it goes

EDIT:i repeated the process with supersu 2.65 and same thing happened(although no white screen here).after that i installed xposed sdk 23(for android 6) in hope that atleast xposed will work.the device got stuck on boot animation at boot.even after flashing stock boot img the device was unable to boot up.so i flashed full stock rom from sp tools.the device booted up.now i installed the ported recovery through sp flash tools,booted into recovery(through adb of course)and flashed supersu 2.65.same thing happened with the white screen and no su binary this time also.it did leave the su folder with the files as mentioned above.what is going wrong?

edit 2:after some googling i have found that xbin_bind file must not exist..what of it?
vipulawtani
vipulawtani
vipulawtani
Enthusiastic Member
20-02-2017, 03:35 PM
(20-02-2017, 02:55 PM)vipulawtani
hey i am sorry i forgot to mention one thing.i also tried flashing magisk systemless zip..same thing occured.the xbin_bind file i was talking about was mentioned in a magisk xda thread(i am sorry i lost the link due to accidentally deleting the chrome history).the person was saying to enter some command in twrp recovery terminal(echo..etc)to prevent xbin_bind from existing.after this we have to flash superuser zip.what can you make out of this?

Let me know how it goes

edit 2:after some googling i have found that xbin_bind file must not exist..what of it?
vipulawtani
vipulawtani
vipulawtani
Enthusiastic Member
20-02-2017, 03:46 PM

(20-02-2017, 03:35 PM)vipulawtani
(20-02-2017, 02:55 PM)vipulawtani
(20-02-2017, 10:08 AM)hovatek hey i am sorry i forgot to mention one thing.i also tried flashing magisk systemless zip..same thing occured.the xbin_bind file i was talking about was mentioned in a magisk xda thread(i am sorry i lost the link due to accidentally deleting the chrome history).the person was saying to enter some command in twrp recovery terminal(echo..etc)to prevent xbin_bind from existing.after this we have to flash superuser zip.what can you make out of this?

Let me know how it goes

edit 2:after some googling i have found that xbin_bind file must not exist..what of it?edit 3:here are the words from someone in magisk xda thread
. Boot in to TWRP
2. go to Advanced / File Manager and delete folder named supersu
3. go to Advanced / Terminal and enter these two commands
echo SYSTEMLESS=true>>/data/.supersu
echo BINDSYSTEMXBIN=false>>/data/.supersu
The first one forces systemless, the second prevents /su/xbin_bind from existing.
4. Flashed Beta SuperSu 2.74-2 (we can notice while flashing this zip after the above script, we will not see the line saying "Disabling OTA". Also, end of flashing it warns that it takes longer time to boot.
5. Reboot device and enjoy systemless
6. To check if we have achieved systemless root, go to system/xbin folder and we should not see the file named "su".
7. I rebooted in to TWRP and flashed xposed 85.1 (also updated with 85.2 later) and installed the apk (Material design apk from this thread)
8. All done and my xposed works.
and here is the link https://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/...268/page15 PS:i even tried magisk systemless supersu and it flashed correctly but no su binary.I think the problem lies with xbin_bind.what do YOU think?
Pages (2): 1 2 Next