Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Soft bricked Infinix
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Soft bricked Infinix

[Please help] Soft bricked Infinix

lagzdee
lagzdee
lagzdee
Techie Member
13-02-2017, 12:25 PM

Hello
I upgraded infinix hot 2 x510 android 6.0 it worked well for one night now it cannot go beyond boot. Removing battery and trying again still not working. I have downloaded the ROM dump 6.0 from here(hovatek) installed vcom and sp tools but phone is not getting recognised by the PC and because it cannot be turned on I cannot access USB debugging. I also tried getting to recovery its also refusing i.e vol up + power then when infinix logo shows pressing vol up/down not able to go into recovery.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-02-2017, 02:40 PM
(13-02-2017, 12:25 PM)lagzdee Hello
I upgraded infinix hot 2 x510 android 6.0 it worked well for one night now it cannot go beyond boot. Removing battery and trying again still not working. I have downloaded the ROM dump 6.0 from here(hovatek) installed vcom and sp tools but phone is not getting recognised by the PC and because it cannot be turned on I cannot access USB debugging. I also tried getting to recovery its also refusing i.e vol up + power then when infinix logo shows pressing vol up/down not able to go into recovery.

1. What's the RAM, ROM and Android version that came with the phone?
2. Have you tried reflashing the firmware @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html ?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
lagzdee
lagzdee
lagzdee
Techie Member
13-02-2017, 03:13 PM
2gb RAM, 16gb ROM, Android 5.1

Made some progress see attachment.
.jpg
Error now.JPG
Size: 37.19 KB / Downloads: 4

Reflashing was not succesful
This post was last modified: 13-02-2017, 03:23 PM by lagzdee.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-02-2017, 06:38 PM
(13-02-2017, 03:13 PM)lagzdee 2gb RAM, 16gb ROM, Android 5.1

Made some progress see attachment.

Reflashing was not succesful

You're supposed to install VCOM drivers using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html
If you're on W8 or W10, ensure to disable signature verification

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Harbdulosman
Harbdulosman
Harbdulosman
Enthusiastic Member
14-02-2017, 07:53 AM

Had similar issues after upgrading my hot 2 1gb ram. The phone wasn't loud and wanted to downgrade using sp flash tool it was showing errorm tried different sp flash tool but was still the same. Couldn't downgrade.
Until i used infinix flash tool. If flashed it instantly.
I recommend you download infinix flash tool.
If you are on Windows 8 or 10 disable signature verification first. Before installing vcom drivers manually.
(13-02-2017, 02:40 PM)hovatek

1. What's the RAM, ROM and Android version that came with the phone?
2. Have you tried reflashing the firmware @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html ?

Sent from my Infinix X510 using the Hovatek Forum App
This post was last modified: 14-02-2017, 07:53 AM by Harbdulosman.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-02-2017, 02:08 PM
Infinix flash tool is @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-9224.html

Note!
lagzdee
lagzdee
lagzdee
Techie Member
14-02-2017, 03:20 PM
Thanks all, since it was charging I left it to chagre until 100%. Then turned it on placed the phone on a cool surface because it was heating up, it finally was able to boot after about 15mins, again thanks for all the assistance.