Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Need Scatter file for Micromax Canvas P290 (1GB ROM, 8GB internal Memory, MTK8127 cpu
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Need Scatter file for Micromax Canvas P290 (1GB ROM, 8GB internal Memory, MTK8127 cpu

Need Scatter file for Micromax Canvas P290 (1GB ROM, 8GB internal Memory, MTK8127 cpu

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
raj555
raj555
raj555
13-02-2017, 09:13 AM

Yes. that's the file I had downloaded ! 1.6GB size. Expanded it on my disk.

I will do as you have given in the guide and inform result.
raj555
raj555
raj555
14-02-2017, 05:04 AM
@hovatek :  Sir, Same problem. I have attached screen-shots.

The Pre-loader driver appears for 3 seconds, the WSL tool is in Download mode.  I connect tablet to USB of laptop but nothing happens. Only the bell sound comes on and off when the driver appears for 3 seconds at regular intervals.... I even changed the USB cable (checked with another phone and it transfers data fine).
I tried installing MTK DA port but it shows up yellow with code 10 in device manager, so i uninstalled it from device manager. Preloader driver it shows OK when tablet is connected , for about 3 seconds.  I read the link about the "VCOM drivers preinstall guide" in your earlier post of reply and followed to install VCOM other drivers too. But they do not show up even when "show hidden devices" is tick marked in device manager. They showed Code 10 or no response showing whether installed or not installed after installing as per method shown in the guide.

BTW why arent the fields in WSL tool (showing path names of each image file) not filled in automatically ? You advised to see what files it detects automatically and download to device. But none of the file fields get filled in (there is checksum.ini file and sca file is in same directory as the image files, i checked, it is also present in checksum directory, to be extra sure i copied it into firmware directory too). I had given a list of files in the "firmware" directory of this ROM earlier post.

Also what for the "Pre-download" button exists in WSL tool ? I used it and it says "download OK" when option "download from local " was selected by me. It means the image files have been identified in Firmware directory (where .sca file resides) and all are present and ok ? or what it means really ?

Please advise, its confusing button in WSL tool, and why the filenames are not getting detected automatically. ... Screen shots enclosed for 3 conditions listd above.
This post was last modified: 14-02-2017, 05:06 AM by raj555.
Attached Files
.jpg
adm006 2017-02-14, 09_15_30.jpg
Size: 117.61 KB / Downloads: 2
.jpg
adm007 2017-02-14, 09_16_42.jpg
Size: 109.7 KB / Downloads: 2
.jpg
adm008 2017-02-14, 09_27_01.jpg
Size: 127.67 KB / Downloads: 2
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-02-2017, 01:13 PM
(14-02-2017, 05:04 AM)raj555 @hovatek :  Sir, Same problem. I have attached screen-shots.

The Pre-loader driver appears for 3 seconds, the WSL tool is in Download mode.  I connect tablet to USB of laptop but nothing happens. Only the bell sound comes on and off when the driver appears for 3 seconds at regular intervals.... I even changed the USB cable (checked with another phone and it transfers data fine).
I tried installing MTK DA port but it shows up yellow with code 10 in device manager, so i uninstalled it from device manager. Preloader driver it shows OK when tablet is connected , for about 3 seconds.  I read the link about the "VCOM drivers preinstall guide" in your earlier post of reply and followed to install VCOM other drivers too. But they do not show up even when "show hidden devices" is tick marked in device manager. They showed Code 10 or no response showing whether installed or not installed after installing as per method shown in the guide.

BTW why arent the fields in WSL tool (showing path names of each image file) not filled in automatically ? You advised to see what files it detects automatically and download to device. But none of the file fields get filled in (there is checksum.ini file and sca file is in same directory as the image files, i checked, it is also present in checksum directory, to be extra sure i copied it into firmware directory too). I had given a list of files in the "firmware" directory of this ROM earlier post.

Also what for the "Pre-download" button exists in WSL tool ? I used it and it says "download OK" when option "download from local " was selected by me. It means the image files have been identified in Firmware directory (where .sca file resides) and all are present and ok ? or what it means really ?

Please advise, its confusing button in WSL tool, and why the filenames are not getting detected automatically. ... Screen shots enclosed for 3 conditions listd above.

All files should load automatically after you select the scatter file.
Use this version of Wise Link tool @ https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B9srKhKuV...t=download
Also, it you're on Google Hangouts, drop your gmail address.
I would wan't to see connect to your PC remotely to run a couple of checks
This post was last modified: 14-02-2017, 01:14 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
raj555
raj555
raj555
15-02-2017, 03:26 AM
(14-02-2017, 01:13 PM)hovatek
(14-02-2017, 05:04 AM)raj555 Im not using hangouts normally ! More on skype, FB and direct emails. You can connect with my PC ?

Yesterday i figured that auto fill of list does not work for both SPflash tool and WSL tool. Finally i ran WSL with "run as Administrator" and pointed to .sca scatter file from ROM for P290 download folder , it picked up and displayed all the file names automatically, for first time ! enclosing snap of same. Since i had already downloaded PRELOADER earlier as per previous post, i tick marked all the remaining files. and 1.2GB got downloaded to tablet. finally this error came after 100% download on yellow bar at bottom of screen in WSL completed, but next stage, during "making checksums" for one of the later files of 676MB ( I think it may be system.img ) by the WSL "error 4014" (enclosing the screen shots of download and the error). after that WSL stands at the same 4014 error screen. Closed WSL and checked tablet state. It does not boot. screen totally dead no response to pwr or any keys, as it was before i did this post.

BEFORE I did all this, I was having driver connection issues with WSL and tablet. So i tried with SP flash tool if it is able to connect (before this too i was using WSL all along from your last post advice) and it did ! I used the .sca file (renamed it as scatter1.txt or SP tool does not accept non .txt scatter files) and pointed manually the first few images (unticked Preloader in first line ) like UBOOT, BOOT, secro.img, upto system.img, FROM MY ROM DUMP FOLDER and tried, it connected and downloaded ticked images to tablet , i believe 100% download ocurred (image attached) finally gave BROM errror 0xFAE (S_FT_NFB_DOWNLOAD_CODE_FAIL). Checked the condition of tablet :- the battery charge symbol appeared on screen and displayed  charge state when connect to mains charger. Also i could boot into recovery where three lines displayed (normal boot, fastboot, recovery i think) the tablet but whichever option i selected, the screen would go back to the main battery charging symbol or a blank screen, when press PWR button, the battery symbol would appear on screen.

It would appear that the new ROM is not compatible ? Maybe i need to flash uboot (lk.bin) and secro (preloader is from new ROM and behaves OK, as i am able to do all this work) from old rom and rest of images from new ROM?
after spflash tool was able to do all this, and connect with tablet, i checked with WSL and it too connected as i wrote in first paragraph. The particular driver that was responsible , to identify it, i took another screenshot since earlier driver MTP preloader ( which kept appearing on tablet with USB cord to  PC) gave unsuccessful result (there was no code 10 error it installed correctly but just didnt allow WSL or SP to communicate with tablet).

All files should load automatically after you select the scatter file.
Use this version of Wise Link tool @ https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B9srKhKuV...t=download
Also, it you're on Google Hangouts, drop your gmail address.
I would wan't to see connect to your PC remotely to run a couple of checks
This post was last modified: 15-02-2017, 03:32 AM by raj555.
Attached Files
.jpg
adm007 2017-02-15, 03_11_15.jpg
Size: 118.57 KB / Downloads: 4
.jpg
adm010 2017-02-15, 02_48_28.jpg
Size: 158.44 KB / Downloads: 3
.jpg
adm013 2017-02-15, 02_49_33.jpg
Size: 168.75 KB / Downloads: 2
.jpg
adm005 2017-02-15, 03_09_04.jpg
Size: 168.07 KB / Downloads: 3
.jpg
adm017 2017-02-15, 03_12_55.jpg
Size: 139.17 KB / Downloads: 2
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-02-2017, 12:12 PM

(15-02-2017, 03:26 AM)raj555 Yesterday i figured that auto fill of list does not work for both SPflash tool and WSL tool. Finally i ran WSL with "run as Administrator" and pointed to .sca scatter file from ROM for P290 download folder , it picked up and displayed all the file names automatically, for first time ! enclosing snap of same. Since i had already downloaded PRELOADER earlier as per previous post, i tick marked all the remaining files. and 1.2GB got downloaded to tablet. finally this error came after 100% download on yellow bar at bottom of screen in WSL completed, but next stage, during "making checksums" for one of the later files of 676MB ( I think it may be system.img ) by the WSL "error 4014" (enclosing the screen shots of download and the error). after that WSL stands at the same 4014 error screen. Closed WSL and checked tablet state. It does not boot. screen totally dead no response to pwr or any keys, as it was before i did this post.

BEFORE I did all this, I was having driver connection issues with WSL and tablet. So i tried with SP flash tool if it is able to connect (before this too i was using WSL all along from your last post advice) and it did ! I used the .sca file (renamed it as scatter1.txt or SP tool does not accept non .txt scatter files) and pointed manually the first few images (unticked Preloader in first line ) like UBOOT, BOOT, secro.img, upto system.img, FROM MY ROM DUMP FOLDER and tried, it connected and downloaded ticked images to tablet , i believe 100% download ocurred (image attached) finally gave BROM errror 0xFAE (S_FT_NFB_DOWNLOAD_CODE_FAIL). Checked the condition of tablet :- the battery charge symbol appeared on screen and displayed  charge state when connect to mains charger. Also i could boot into recovery where three lines displayed (normal boot, fastboot, recovery i think) the tablet but whichever option i selected, the screen would go back to the main battery charging symbol or a blank screen, when press PWR button, the battery symbol would appear on screen.

It would appear that the new ROM is not compatible ? Maybe i need to flash uboot (lk.bin) and secro (preloader is from new ROM and behaves OK, as i am able to do all this work) from old rom and rest of images from new ROM?
after spflash tool was able to do all this, and connect with tablet, i checked with WSL and it too connected as i wrote in first paragraph. The particular driver that was responsible , to identify it, i took another screenshot since earlier driver MTP preloader ( which kept appearing on tablet with USB cord to  PC) gave unsuccessful result (there was no code 10 error it installed correctly but just didnt allow WSL or SP to communicate with tablet).

Retry Wiselink tool. This time, tick all others except system.
Let me know if the same error appears .

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
raj555
raj555
raj555
15-02-2017, 03:00 PM
I did that ! with the P290 new ROM. except system.img ticked all others before that in WSL screen (run as Admin). DL proceeded flawlessly (screenshot attached).  disconnected tablet and USB cord from PC. No response on Pwr button or VOL-UP buttons. Connected to wall charger. shows battery symbol and 0% charge. allowing it to charge and will check if it goes to Boot screen PWR + VOL-UP)  little later after charging it.  (avoided flashing preloader as PC to Tablet link is OK and dont want to disturb this evansescent link).
Attached Files
.jpg
adm009 2017-02-15, 19_08_46.jpg
Size: 160.46 KB / Downloads: 3
raj555
raj555
raj555
15-02-2017, 06:20 PM
(15-02-2017, 03:00 PM)raj555 After charging the tablet i booted it into recovery mode (pwr+VOLup) gave me recovery screen, wiped cache and opted "normal boot", it took some time at the Logo splash screen arising some doubts, but after some time it went past lock screen. Everything working fine now ! after one week....its working. (I didnt DL system.img but i think it already got DLed before last time when it gave the error in WSL while doing checksums .....).  I used only the images from New ROM for all this as you advised. Thank you very much !!!  BTW Is there a way to load CWM for this tablet ? which CWM i can use ? 
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-02-2017, 10:29 AM
(15-02-2017, 06:20 PM)raj555 After charging the tablet i booted it into recovery mode (pwr+VOLup) gave me recovery screen, wiped cache and opted "normal boot", it took some time at the Logo splash screen arising some doubts, but after some time it went past lock screen. Everything working fine now ! after one week....its working. (I didnt DL system.img but i think it already got DLed before last time when it gave the error in WSL while doing checksums .....).  I used only the images from New ROM for all this as you advised. Thank you very much !!!  BTW Is there a way to load CWM for this tablet ? which CWM i can use ? 

We've not ported CWM, you could run a search online.
I would advise you flash the CWM using rashr.apk, and not via SP Flash tool or WiseLink tool

Note!
raj555
raj555
raj555
16-02-2017, 12:56 PM
(16-02-2017, 10:29 AM)hovatek
(15-02-2017, 06:20 PM)raj555 After charging the tablet i booted it into recovery mode (pwr+VOLup) gave me recovery screen, wiped cache and opted "normal boot", it took some time at the Logo splash screen arising some doubts, but after some time it went past lock screen. Everything working fine now ! after one week....its working. (I didnt DL system.img but i think it already got DLed before last time when it gave the error in WSL while doing checksums .....).  I used only the images from New ROM for all this as you advised. Thank you very much !!!  BTW Is there a way to load CWM for this tablet ? which CWM i can use ? 

We've not ported CWM, you could run a search online.
I would advise you flash the CWM using rashr.apk, and not via SP Flash tool or WiseLink tool
raj555
raj555
raj555
16-02-2017, 12:57 PM

Thank you!
Pages (2): Previous 1 2