Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Building (or porting!) a working CyanogenMod to my device
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Building (or porting!) a working CyanogenMod to my device

Building (or porting!) a working CyanogenMod to my device

csuporzoltan
csuporzoltan
csuporzoltan
Enthusiastic Member
17-12-2016, 04:04 PM

Hello Hovatek,
So i did write an other post where i wanted to make a backup from my phone. It succeed.

But now, i do want to port a Cyanogenmod to my device.
My device is: Huawei Y6 II Pro (LYO-L21)

This is what i've done so far:

- I've took an another Cyanogenmod with the same chipset (Doogee X5 Pro | MediaTek MT6735), and followed this guide (http://mediatekdroid.blogspot.hu/2016/05...rting.html) i did ported my rom.
- Than after that, i copied to my SD Card, enter in TWRP and flash the whole zip. 
- After restart, it stucks at the "Huawei, powered by Android" screen, and after 10secs, the phone reboots, and keeps doing it (so NO cyanogenmod logo)
- After that, the recovery does not work, when i want to enter to it, it does exactly the same, so i had to enter in Fastboot and flash the original boot.img, and enter intro recovery.
 The only choise after that is to make a restore, and everything is working fine.

What the heck am i doing wrong? 

If anyone is there to help me, should i include my system image, and the CM zip?
This is for the X5 Pro, the porting rom: http://www.needrom.com/download/cyanogenmod-12-1-26/

If anyone needs my rom, just please ask it. My internet is freaking slow, so i have to upload it like in a night.

Any help would be awesome.
Sudarshan0564
Sudarshan0564
Sudarshan0564
Techie Member
18-12-2016, 02:27 PM
(17-12-2016, 04:04 PM)csuporzoltan Hello Hovatek,
So i did write an other post where i wanted to make a backup from my phone. It succeed.

- I've took an another Cyanogenmod with the same chipset (Doogee X5 Pro | MediaTek MT6735), and followed this guide (http://mediatekdroid.blogspot.hu/2016/05...rting.html) i did ported my rom.
- Than after that, i copied to my SD Card, enter in TWRP and flash the whole zip. 
- After restart, it stucks at the "Huawei, powered by Android" screen, and after 10secs, the phone reboots, and keeps doing it (so NO cyanogenmod logo)
- After that, the recovery does not work, when i want to enter to it, it does exactly the same, so i had to enter in Fastboot and flash the original boot.img, and enter intro recovery.
 The only choise after that is to make a restore, and everything is working fine.

If anyone is there to help me, should i include my system image, and the CM zip?
This is for the X5 Pro, the porting rom: http://www.needrom.com/download/cyanogenmod-12-1-26/

If anyone needs my rom, just please ask it. My internet is freaking slow, so i have to upload it like in a night.

Did you checked updater script ? Always check where system, data positions are being flashed into. It should match your device partitions.

Sent from my Micromax Q370 using Hovatek mobile
This post was last modified: 18-12-2016, 02:27 PM by Sudarshan0564.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-12-2016, 06:41 PM

First off, the Port ROM and Base ROM should be of the same kernel version.
What is the kernel version of the two devices in question?
Also, how did you port boot.img?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
csuporzoltan
csuporzoltan
csuporzoltan
Enthusiastic Member
18-12-2016, 07:48 PM
(18-12-2016, 06:41 PM)hovatek

First off, the Port ROM and Base ROM should be of the same kernel version.
What is the kernel version of the two devices in question?
Also, how did you port boot.img?

Mine is: 3.10.65+
The Porting ROM's kernel uknown for me.

So what i have done is close to this.
I checked updater-script. The mount line is this:
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/system", "/system", "");

I do not know where the hell should i rename the block, maybe the "mtk-msdc.0". 

The boot.img:
From the link i mentioned above, followed this guide after extracted boot.img:

Code:

Boot.img Part :
- Replace Kernel From Stock To Port
- Replace From Stock To Port Ramdisk :
 1.fstab.mt6752
 2.init.mt6752.rc
 3.init.mt6752.usb.rc
- Then Repack

So basically i've used my kernel.

Someone may see this that i'm an absolutely noob to porting. And thats right! So feel free to give me tips.
OR maybe give me some ROMs that i can port. In this porting guide, it mentioned that the ROM should be at the same chipset, with the same screen size and same Android version. These are right, so...
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-12-2016, 01:38 PM

(18-12-2016, 07:48 PM)csuporzoltan Mine is: 3.10.65+

mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/system", "/system", "");

The boot.img:

Code:

Boot.img Part :
 1.fstab.mt6752
 2.init.mt6752.rc
 3.init.mt6752.usb.rc
- Then Repack

Someone may see this that i'm an absolutely noob to porting. And thats right! So feel free to give me tips.
OR maybe give me some ROMs that i can port. In this porting guide, it mentioned that the ROM should be at the same chipset, with the same screen size and same Android version. These are right, so...

You should first find out the kernel version of the ROM you're porting. You're looking for 3.10.x ROMs
it'll also be easier for you if they're of the same SoC

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
csuporzoltan
csuporzoltan
csuporzoltan
Enthusiastic Member
19-12-2016, 02:15 PM
(19-12-2016, 01:38 PM)hovatek
(18-12-2016, 07:48 PM)csuporzoltan Mine is: 3.10.65+

The boot.img:

Code:

Boot.img Part :
 1.fstab.mt6752
 2.init.mt6752.rc
 3.init.mt6752.usb.rc
- Then Repack

You should first find out the kernel version of the ROM you're porting. You're looking for 3.10.x ROMs
it'll also be easier for you if they're of the same SoC

It has the same SoC (MT6735). I'm not sure about the kernel. If I found a new port ROM, what is the best tutorial for porting?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-12-2016, 05:28 PM
(19-12-2016, 02:15 PM)csuporzoltan It has the same SoC (MT6735). I'm not sure about the kernel. If I found a new port ROM, what is the best tutorial for porting?

There's no ultimate guide. you'll have to read many, practice and learn from experience

Note!