Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Tecno S3 failed to flash (storage type mismatch)
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Tecno S3 failed to flash (storage type mismatch)

[Please help] Tecno S3 failed to flash (storage type mismatch)

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Twonity
Twonity
Twonity
30-11-2016, 10:28 AM

I got a Tecno S3 that is malfunctioning so I decided to flash it with SP tools. After loading the scattter files I just downloaded from it awesome site; the phone couldn't be flash or format either. I do see this display on my PC screen each time I try.

Storage type mismatch!

Scatter storage type is HW_STORAGE_EMMC
target storage type is HW_STORAGE_NAND

Please Hovatek what's the way out
Twonity
Twonity
Twonity
30-11-2016, 03:31 PM
Please someone should attend to me.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-12-2016, 10:49 AM
(30-11-2016, 10:28 AM)Twonity I got a Tecno S3 that is malfunctioning so I decided to flash it with SP tools. After loading the scattter files I just downloaded from it awesome site; the phone couldn't be flash or format either. I do see this display on my PC screen each time I try.

Storage type mismatch!

Means its a different variant.
The first thing you should do is backup this phone in scatter format using Miracle Box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html
BTW, whats wrong with the phone?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Twonity
Twonity
Twonity
01-12-2016, 03:51 PM
(01-12-2016, 10:49 AM)hovatek
(30-11-2016, 10:28 AM)Twonity I got a Tecno S3 that is malfunctioning so I decided to flash it with SP tools. After loading the scattter files I just downloaded from it awesome site; the phone couldn't be flash or format either. I do see this display on my PC screen each time I try.

Storage type mismatch!

Means its a different variant.
The first thing you should do is backup this phone in scatter format using Miracle Box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html
BTW, whats wrong with the phone?

I was ask the change the calibrator which was broken and it wasn't responding to touches. When I on the phone it displayed language selection which indicate the phone was flashed. I've try many calibrators from different sellers yet it didn't respond. I wonder how/what the phone was flashed. But I believe reflashing it will work it. Or is the phone clone of Tecno S3?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-12-2016, 08:35 PM

(01-12-2016, 03:51 PM)Twonity I was ask the change the calibrator which was broken and it wasn't responding to touches. When I on the phone it displayed language selection which indicate the phone was flashed. I've try many calibrators from different sellers yet it didn't respond. I wonder how/what the phone was flashed. But I believe reflashing it will work it. Or is the phone clone of Tecno S3?

Cant say for sure if its original or clone.
If its not responding to touch then it means you have to find the right preloader.bin for the S3.
How many S3 firmware have you downloaded?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Twonity
Twonity
Twonity
02-12-2016, 12:22 AM
(01-12-2016, 08:35 PM)hovatek
(01-12-2016, 03:51 PM)Twonity I was ask the change the calibrator which was broken and it wasn't responding to touches. When I on the phone it displayed language selection which indicate the phone was flashed. I've try many calibrators from different sellers yet it didn't respond. I wonder how/what the phone was flashed. But I believe reflashing it will work it. Or is the phone clone of Tecno S3?

Cant say for sure if its original or clone.
If its not responding to touch then it means you have to find the right preloader.bin for the S3.
How many S3 firmware have you downloaded?

One.. .from Hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-12-2016, 09:20 AM
(02-12-2016, 12:22 AM)Twonity One.. .from Hovatek

switch off the phone > launch device manager > connect the phone to PC > let me know what it gets detected as
This post was last modified: 02-12-2016, 09:21 AM by hovatek.

Note!
Juba
Juba
Juba
18-04-2017, 12:51 PM
(02-12-2016, 09:20 AM)hovatek
(02-12-2016, 12:22 AM)Twonity One.. .from Hovatek

switch off the phone > launch device manager > connect the phone to PC > let me know what it gets detected as
I have same problem flashing my tecno p9 MT6582 4.2
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-04-2017, 05:39 PM
(18-04-2017, 12:51 PM)Juba I have same problem flashing my tecno p9 MT6582 4.2

Please, create a new thread, this is someone else's support thread
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread

Note!
Lmirao
Lmirao
Lmirao
12-05-2017, 09:38 AM

Storage type mismatch!

Scatter storage type is              HW_STORAGE_EMMC
target storage type is                 HW_STORAGE_NAND

Hi!
Did you solve it? I have the same problem, different phone .
Thanks
Pages (2): 1 2 Next