Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android SAMSUNG SM-G530H DEAD AFTER FORMATTING WITH SP FLASH TOOLS
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

SAMSUNG SM-G530H DEAD AFTER FORMATTING WITH SP FLASH TOOLS

SAMSUNG SM-G530H DEAD AFTER FORMATTING WITH SP FLASH TOOLS

tkaytech
tkaytech
tkaytech
31-10-2016, 10:49 PM

Hi,

I really appreciate your effort. The cause of my own problem is somehow different from the subject matter. My samsung sm-g530h (clone) android phone will not switch on because when i was attempting to flash it with sp flash tools, I used the format menu to format it before using the download menu to install it. I did that because i was having a "pmt changed for the rom; it must be downloaded" error. Now, I've formatted the phone and downloaded new rom but the phone will not switch on.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Files
.jpg
g530h.jpg
Size: 15.46 KB / Downloads: 7
eckony
eckony
eckony
01-11-2016, 04:54 AM
(31-10-2016, 10:49 PM)tkaytech Hi,

I really appreciate your effort. The cause of my own problem is somehow different from the subject matter. My samsung sm-g530h (clone) android phone will not switch on because when i was attempting to flash it with sp flash tools, I used the format menu to format it before using the download menu to install it. I did that because i was having a "pmt changed for the rom; it must be downloaded" error. Now, I've formatted the phone and downloaded new rom but the phone will not switch on.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Hi. bootloader is dead, you will need a box in order to be able to flash the rom again. or you can try by using the test point.
This post was last modified: 01-11-2016, 04:55 AM by eckony.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-11-2016, 12:33 PM

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Maybe the firmware you flashed is for a different variant.
1. Have you tried re-flashing?
2.Does the phone vibrate when you press the power button?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
tkaytech
tkaytech
tkaytech
02-11-2016, 03:18 PM
(01-11-2016, 12:33 PM)hovatek

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Maybe the firmware you flashed is for a different variant.
1. Have you tried re-flashing?
2.Does the phone vibrate when you press the power button?

What do you mean by the firmware being a different variant?
I've tried re-flashing with the same rom but its still the same. It does not vibrate when i press the power button. Please help me with the variants and how to go about it.
Thanks.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-11-2016, 11:26 AM

(02-11-2016, 03:18 PM)tkaytech What do you mean by the firmware being a different variant?
I've tried re-flashing with the same rom but its still the same. It does not vibrate when i press the power button. Please help me with the variants and how to go about it.
Thanks.

You'll need to download and flash different firmware for SM-G530H till one of them works
Where did you download the one you flashed (exact URL)
This post was last modified: 03-11-2016, 11:27 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
tkaytech
tkaytech
tkaytech
03-11-2016, 06:24 PM
(03-11-2016, 11:26 AM)hovatek
(02-11-2016, 03:18 PM)tkaytech What do you mean by the firmware being a different variant?
Thanks.

You'll need to download and flash different firmware for SM-G530H till one of them works
Where did you download the one you flashed (exact URL)

Yeah, thanks for your reply.
I downloaded it from http://firmwarefile.com/samsung-sm-g530h-clone
Please, can you direct me to a link where i can get a confirm flash file? Like i'm about to download another file, but i dont really have a trusted site to download from. I met this:
Can i use this? or can you please give me a link to download a better flash?
This post was last modified: 26-07-2017, 09:44 AM by hovatek.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
04-11-2016, 04:22 PM
(03-11-2016, 06:24 PM)tkaytech Yeah, thanks for your reply.
Please, can you direct me to a link where i can get a confirm flash file? Like i'm about to download another file, but i dont really have a trusted site to download from. I met this:

Can't say for sure which firmware will work.
You'll need to keep trying different ones till you get a working one
This post was last modified: 26-07-2017, 09:42 AM by hovatek.

Note!
tkaytech
tkaytech
tkaytech
04-11-2016, 08:32 PM
(04-11-2016, 04:22 PM)hovatek
(03-11-2016, 06:24 PM)tkaytech Yeah, thanks for your reply.

Can't say for sure which firmware will work.
You'll need to keep trying different ones till you get a working one

Okay. I've downloaded some firmware from the link i sent earlier. Now, the phone is vibrating, turning on, the welcome tone also sound out, the volume keys sound also beep, but the phone is not displaying anything. Just blank black screen, which is not like that before. Is it the firmware causing this or the phone's screen is damaged? Please, I dont understand.
This post was last modified: 26-07-2017, 09:43 AM by hovatek.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
05-11-2016, 02:11 PM
(04-11-2016, 08:32 PM)tkaytech Okay. I've downloaded some firmware from the link i sent earlier. Now, the phone is vibrating, turning on, the welcome tone also sound out, the volume keys sound also beep, but the phone is not displaying anything. Just blank black screen, which is not like that before. Is it the firmware causing this or the phone's screen is damaged? Please, I dont understand.

Try flashing only lk.bin from each of the other firmware you've downloaded
Refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-1667.html
This post was last modified: 26-07-2017, 09:43 AM by hovatek.

Note!