Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android TECNO A7 (PHANTOM Z) GOES OFF AND REFUSED TO POWER ON OR CHARGE
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

TECNO A7 (PHANTOM Z) GOES OFF AND REFUSED TO POWER ON OR CHARGE

TECNO A7 (PHANTOM Z) GOES OFF AND REFUSED TO POWER ON OR CHARGE

ikbright4real
ikbright4real
ikbright4real
Respected Member
29-10-2016, 01:31 PM

My phantom Z has suddenly gone off and refused to power-on or charge. Before this happened the battery was about 25% and I didn't have light to charge it so I set it on power saving mood and used it overnight. In the morning when plugged it to charge it, it just went off, and up till now it has refused to power-on or charge. This happened about 4 days ago. So I don't know if the problem was from the charger. Though before then, the charging point(port) was having issues. It became too wide and became too big for the charger, so if I place it in a particular position it won't charge. The next day I took it for repairs, there, the technician checked it but the problem persisted so I asked him to change the charging port which he did but the phone still won't power on or charge. At last he said that the battery was too low that he would have to boost it . After the boosting the problem remained the same. So he asked me to plug it for about 2 hours when I get home, but all that didn't work. I don't know what to do next.
ikbright4real
ikbright4real
ikbright4real
Respected Member
29-10-2016, 04:33 PM
Please gurus any idea?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
29-10-2016, 07:28 PM
(29-10-2016, 01:31 PM)ikbright4real My phantom Z has suddenly gone off and refused to power-on or charge. Before this happened the battery was about 25% and I didn't have light to charge it so I set it on power saving mood and used it overnight. In the morning when plugged it to charge it, it just went off, and up till now it has refused to power-on or charge. This happened about 4 days ago. So I don't know if the problem was from the charger. Though before then, the charging point(port) was having issues. It became too wide and became too big for the charger, so if I place it in a particular position it won't charge. The next day I took it for repairs, there, the technician checked it but the problem persisted so I asked him to change the charging port which he did but the phone still won't power on or charge. At last he said that the battery was too low that he would have to boost it . After the boosting the problem remained the same. So he asked me to plug it for about 2 hours when I get home, but all that didn't work. I don't know what to do next.

Happens a lot on the Phantom Z
1. Does your PC make a sound when you connect the phone
2. Try holding the power button (for 2 minutes) when connected to power
This post was last modified: 29-10-2016, 07:28 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ikbright4real
ikbright4real
ikbright4real
Respected Member
29-10-2016, 10:42 PM
I've tried holding the power button for 2 minutes while connected to power but nothing happened. But am not close to a PC now to find out if it will make noise when I connect the phone

Sent from my TECNO M3 using Hovatek mobile
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
31-10-2016, 11:26 AM

(29-10-2016, 10:42 PM)ikbright4real I've tried holding the power button for 2 minutes while connected to power but nothing happened. But am not close to a PC now to find out if it will make noise when I connect the phone

Try getting a PC. This will tell if there's life on the phone

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ikbright4real
ikbright4real
ikbright4real
Respected Member
05-11-2016, 08:45 PM
I've taken it to d carlcare service center and they said its panel problem that it'll cost N28300 to repair

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-11-2016, 03:12 PM
(05-11-2016, 08:45 PM)ikbright4real I've taken it to d carlcare service center and they said its panel problem that it'll cost N28300 to repair

I think you should still carry out the test I asked you to

Note!
Lilwizprince
Lilwizprince
Lilwizprince
22-09-2019, 09:03 AM
(05-11-2016, 08:45 PM)ikbright4real I've taken it to d carlcare service center and they said its panel problem that it'll cost N28300 to repair

Bro plz, I have same problem with my phantom 6....   almost same problem and pattern...   I’ve taken it to different repairers yet no way,  my next step is going to be changing the battery cos it seems dead.   Or should I take it to Carlcare?  I’m afraid of the price. 28k is much...  what’s your advice?
softwere injinia
softwere injinia
softwere injinia
Enthusiastic Member
22-09-2019, 10:10 AM
(29-10-2016, 01:31 PM)ikbright4real My phantom Z has suddenly gone off and refused to power-on or charge. Before this happened the battery was about 25% and I didn't have light to charge it so I set it on power saving mood and used it overnight. In the morning when plugged it to charge it, it just went off, and up till now it has refused to power-on or charge. This happened about 4 days ago. So I don't know if the problem was from the charger. Though before then, the charging point(port) was having issues. It became too wide and became too big for the charger, so if I place it in a particular position it won't charge. The next day I took it for repairs, there, the technician checked it but the problem persisted so I asked him to change the charging port which he did but the phone still won't power on or charge. At last he said that the battery was too low that he would have to boost it . After the boosting the problem remained the same. So he asked me to plug it for about 2 hours when I get home, but all that didn't work. I don't know what to do next.
i think problem is ac power
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
23-09-2019, 09:46 AM

(22-09-2019, 09:03 AM)Lilwizprince Bro plz, I have same problem with my phantom 6....   almost same problem and pattern...   I’ve taken it to different repairers yet no way,  my next step is going to be changing the battery cos it seems dead.   Or should I take it to Carlcare?  I’m afraid of the price. 28k is much...  what’s your advice?

this is someone else's thread, create a new thread for your device issue
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread