Hovatek Forum HARDWARE Repairs [Please help] Tecno P6 mouthpiece doesn't work for calls but it records.
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Tecno P6 mouthpiece doesn't work for calls but it records.

[Please help] Tecno P6 mouthpiece doesn't work for calls but it records.

Skillz
Skillz
Skillz
02-09-2016, 11:41 PM

My tecno p6 mouthpiece doesn't work when am making calls but if I use the default sound recorder it records without any hitch. I gave it to a phone technician to change the mouthpiece as I had assumed that was the problem, but still the problem persisted even after he had changed it. So naturally I reasoned that if the problem wasn't hardware related it must be software related... So I proceeded to flash the phone using the file hosted on this site. After flashing it the problem still persists... Am at a loss for ideas if you have any idea or solution as to what I can try, I'd be really happy to hear it.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-09-2016, 01:23 PM
(02-09-2016, 11:41 PM)Skillz My tecno p6 mouthpiece doesn't work when am making calls but if I use the default sound recorder it records without any hitch. I gave it to a phone technician to change the mouthpiece as I had assumed that was the problem, but still the problem persisted even after he had changed it. So naturally I reasoned that if the problem wasn't hardware related it must be software related... So I proceeded to flash the phone using the file hosted on this site. After flashing it the problem still persists... Am at a loss for ideas if you have any idea or solution as to what I can try, I'd be really happy to hear it.

Does your headset work for calls?
Also, try making a call with the phone on loud speaker.
Let me know if the mouth piece works in these scenarios
This post was last modified: 03-09-2016, 01:25 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
jospah prezz
jospah prezz
jospah prezz
Banned
19-10-2016, 09:49 AM
Take a meter and test for continuity of the mic and tell what it shows

Sent from my TECNO W4 using Hovatek mobile
Deviceteck
Deviceteck
Deviceteck
Enthusiastic Member
04-04-2017, 07:26 AM
(02-09-2016, 11:41 PM)Skillz My tecno p6 mouthpiece doesn't work when am making calls but if I use the default sound recorder it records without any hitch. I gave it to a phone technician to change the mouthpiece as I had assumed that was the problem, but still the problem persisted even after he had changed it. So naturally I reasoned that if the problem wasn't hardware related it must be software related... So I proceeded to flash the phone using the file hosted on this site. After flashing it the problem still persists... Am at a loss for ideas if you have any idea or solution as to what I can try, I'd be really happy to hear it.

You made a mistake flashing the phone Tecno p6 has 2 MIC (mouthpiece) One is at the top of the phone for camera and sound recording while the other is at the bottom of the phone for calls. The bottom MIC is bad and should be changed. It will be a bit expensive as tecno p6 call MIC has 4 legged terminals unlike others with 2 terminals. Lett me know if yo want more information.