Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Help with GPS
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Help with GPS

Help with GPS

xinefrak
xinefrak
xinefrak
17-07-2016, 09:59 PM

Hi,
I have some issues with a device with Mediatek MT6580M. The GPS was working great inside and outside of my house, however after a firmware update with SP Flash tools, it lost the imei, the mac address was changing every conexion, and the GPS didn't work.

To update the device I did a whole format and then download the firmware (maybe NVRAM data were lost).

I try to fix the imei and the wifi with NS Write Tool, now both are working great now (Android version 5.1).

However I tried to fix GPS but nothing works. In engineer mode gps view, I can see only red spots they are moving every time also in YGPS but they never fix, I don't know what to do, hopefully you can help me.

Thanks in advance.
This post was last modified: 17-07-2016, 10:17 PM by xinefrak.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-07-2016, 11:49 AM
(17-07-2016, 09:59 PM)xinefrak Hi,
I have some issues with a device with Mediatek MT6580M. The GPS was working great inside and outside of my house, however after a firmware update with SP Flash tools, it lost the imei, the mac address was changing every conexion, and the GPS didn't work.

To update the device I did a whole format and then download the firmware (maybe NVRAM data were lost).

I try to fix the imei and the wifi with NS Write Tool, now both are working great now (Android version 5.1).

However I tried to fix GPS but nothing works. In engineer mode gps view, I can see only red spots they are moving every time also in YGPS but they never fix, I don't know what to do, hopefully you can help me.

Thanks in advance.

are you able to enable GPS under Setting > Personal > Location

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
xinefrak
xinefrak
xinefrak
18-07-2016, 03:03 PM
I
(18-07-2016, 11:49 AM)hovatek are you able to enable GPS under Setting > Personal > Location

Hi,
Yes, I did, It doesn't works.
Thanks
This post was last modified: 18-07-2016, 03:04 PM by xinefrak.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-07-2016, 09:30 AM
(18-07-2016, 03:03 PM)xinefrak Hi,
Yes, I did, It doesn't works.
Thanks

Try using this GPS diagnostic app @ https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...tus2&hl=en

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
xinefrak
xinefrak
xinefrak
19-07-2016, 12:28 PM

Thank you,
It didn't work, but many sensors can't detect, I download a sensor test and seems that it has 22 sensors but only are working 3 of them, I turn off the device 3 times, and only 1 started to work.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-07-2016, 02:34 PM
(19-07-2016, 12:28 PM)xinefrak Thank you,
It didn't work, but many sensors can't detect, I download a sensor test and seems that it has 22 sensors but only are working 3 of them, I turn off the device 3 times, and only 1 started to work.

What's the phone model and have you tried flashing the previous firmware?

Note!