Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] Please help with the question
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] Please help with the question

[Tutorial] Please help with the question

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Mediqslot
Mediqslot
Mediqslot
Techie Member
11-02-2016, 07:29 AM

I rooted my phone with kingroot, then I need to do a system update then had to unroot then I discover it wasn't fully unrooted cos the software update always fail, then I flash in boot, recovery and system.img now the update is successful, now iv root the phone back, the question, if I continue flashing the boot, recovery, and system.img hope it won't delete the previous software update, cos update will always come from phone manufacturer
Mediqslot
Mediqslot
Mediqslot
Techie Member
11-02-2016, 09:54 AM
Need an answer to this pls
Mediqslot
Mediqslot
Mediqslot
Techie Member
11-02-2016, 10:43 AM
I need answer o
Mediqslot
Mediqslot
Mediqslot
Techie Member
11-02-2016, 02:20 PM
You una dey ignore my question na pls
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-02-2016, 02:51 PM

(11-02-2016, 07:29 AM)Mediqslot I rooted my phone with kingroot, then I need to do a system update then had to unroot then I discover it wasn't fully unrooted cos the software update always fail, then I flash in boot, recovery and system.img now the update is successful, now iv root the phone back, the question, if I continue flashing the boot, recovery, and system.img hope it won't delete the previous software update, cos update will always come from phone manufacturer

It will remove the previous update

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-02-2016, 02:53 PM
(11-02-2016, 02:20 PM)Mediqslot You una dey ignore my question na pls

You're the cause.
You posted 2 comments and this caused your post to go further back on the queue.
See https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-9526.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Mediqslot
Mediqslot
Mediqslot
Techie Member
11-02-2016, 06:12 PM
Since it will remove the previous update is there another way to unroot, cos if I use kingroot to unroot when doing ota update it will fail do to the modification, and flashing system.img is pointless since it will remove previous ota update
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-02-2016, 01:25 PM
(11-02-2016, 06:12 PM)Mediqslot Since it will remove the previous update is there another way to unroot, cos if I use kingroot to unroot when doing ota update it will fail do to the modification, and flashing system.img is pointless since it will remove previous ota update

The way to unroot is to flash back the stock ROM. See https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-unro...ta-update/

If you want OTA, don't root.

Note!
Mediqslot
Mediqslot
Mediqslot
Techie Member
12-02-2016, 06:02 PM
Is there a way I could backup system.img recovery and boot after ota without root access, I'm thinking of backing up before root, so any time I wanna unroot I flash it back
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
12-02-2016, 06:31 PM

(12-02-2016, 06:02 PM)Mediqslot Is there a way I could backup system.img recovery and boot after ota  without root access, I'm thinking of backing up before root, so any time I wanna unroot I flash it back

What type of phone is it
Pages (2): 1 2 Next