Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android How to read back with sp flash tool
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

How to read back with sp flash tool

How to read back with sp flash tool

Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-01-2016, 01:16 PM

(26-01-2016, 06:06 PM)Drockstar Please boss is it  the stock recovery. Img, boot.img and system.img of 5.1.1 rom we are flashing back when there is new ota update?

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek mobile

No, it needs to be from the same version of Android you're currently running.
Download Marshmallow for Hot 2 @ https://www.hovatek.com/blog/the-infinix...8aWMI.dpbs

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Drockstar
Drockstar
Drockstar
27-01-2016, 01:35 PM
OK boss

Drockstar
Drockstar
Drockstar
29-01-2016, 03:13 AM
Please boss after installing an ota update of MM 6.0, if there is an another update or each time there is an update what do we do?

Sent from my Q5 using Hovatek mobile
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
29-01-2016, 01:16 PM
(29-01-2016, 03:13 AM)Drockstar Please boss after installing an ota update of MM 6.0, if there is an another update or each time there is an update what do we do?

Just install so far you've not rooted the phone

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Drockstar
Drockstar
Drockstar
29-01-2016, 11:23 PM

What of if the phone is rooted? That is what I am after.. if the phone is rooted what do we do to install ota update of 6.0 each time there is an update?

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
30-01-2016, 03:34 PM
(29-01-2016, 11:23 PM)Drockstar What of if the phone is rooted? That is what I am after.. if the phone is rooted what do we do to install ota update of 6.0 each time there is an update?

In that case, see https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-unro...ta-update/

Note!
Drockstar
Drockstar
Drockstar
31-01-2016, 04:07 AM
I understand ...for example ,if there is an ota update, I will have to flash d recovery,boot, system. IMG of the 6.0 ROM, den if another update arrived and another.. What will I do without starting the installation from the beginning of the first ota update, instead it will continue from d second update, third update and so on

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
31-01-2016, 05:48 PM
(31-01-2016, 04:07 AM)Drockstar I understand ...for example ,if there is an ota update, I will have to flash d recovery,boot, system. IMG of the 6.0 ROM, den if another update arrived and another.. What will I do without starting the installation from the beginning of the first ota update, instead it will continue from d second update, third update and so on

You'll need to revert to stock then begin installing OTAs you've missed.
We created an SP flash tool format for the february build so that's a base you can return to.
 If two OTAs roll out and you install them then root, only for another OTA to roll out. You'll need to revert to the February build  (unless be build a more recent one) then download all 3 OTAs, unless you already have their zips offline

Note!
Drockstar
Drockstar
Drockstar
31-01-2016, 11:25 PM
Boss that is the issue I am trying to overcome... After installing two OTA's update,if there is another one I will have to go back to the beginning of re downloading and installing the first den the third one instead of just to unroot and installed the third ota update with going from the installation of the first 2 ota update.

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-02-2016, 12:42 PM

(31-01-2016, 11:25 PM)Drockstar Boss that is the issue I am trying to overcome... After installing two OTA's update,if there is another one I will have to go back to the beginning of re downloading and  installing the first den the third one instead of just to unroot and installed the third ota update with going from the installation of the first 2 ota update.

You have two options
1. Dont root
2. Download the OTA zip files and keep them offline

Note!
Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4 Next