Hovatek Forum HARDWARE Boxes and Dongles [Tutorial] How to use Infinity CM2SP2 to flash Unisoc firmware
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Tutorial] How to use Infinity CM2SP2 to flash Unisoc firmware

[Tutorial] How to use Infinity CM2SP2 to flash Unisoc firmware

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-09-2020, 07:46 PM

This guide will explain how to flash a Unisoc / Spreadtrum (SPD) device's firmware using Infinity CM2SP2.

Requirements

How to flash Unisoc firmware using Infinity CM2SP2

Follow the steps below to use Infinity Cm2sp2 to flash Unisoc / Spreadtrum firmware

See the video below or @ https://youtu.be/Fda-i_Ngw1M

1. Run CM2SP2 as Administrator

[Image: How-to-use-Infinity-CM2SP2-to-backup-Uni...ware-1.jpg]

2. Wait till the Dashboard comes up

[Image: How-to-use-Infinity-CM2SP2-to-backup-Uni...ware-2.jpg]

3. Select the CPU

[Image: How-to-use-Infinity-CM2SP2-to-backup-Uni...ware-3.jpg]

4. Select the Model

[Image: How-to-use-Infinity-CM2SP2-to-backup-Uni...ware-4.jpg]

5. Click the Flasher tab

[Image: How-to-use-Infinity-CM2SP2-to-backup-Uni...ware-5.jpg]

6. Double-click the space below Pac/Sc

[Image: How-to-use-Infinity-CM2SP2-to-flash-Unis...ware-1.jpg]

7. In the window that pops up, select the file you intend to flash (pac, bin or SPD_PROG)

[Image: How-to-use-Infinity-CM2SP2-to-flash-Unis...ware-2.jpg]

8. Wait while the firmware's details get read

[Image: How-to-use-Infinity-CM2SP2-to-flash-Unis...ware-3.jpg]

9. Check / Tick boxes of the files / partitions you wish to flash

[Image: How-to-use-Infinity-CM2SP2-to-flash-Unis...ware-4.jpg]

10. Under Flash Settings, tick boxes based on your goal. Leave all unchecked if you're uncertain what to check / tick

[Image: How-to-use-Infinity-CM2SP2-to-flash-Unis...ware-5.jpg]

11. Click Flash

[Image: How-to-use-Infinity-CM2SP2-to-flash-Unis...ware-6.jpg]

12. Once you see Wait for device, power off the device, hold the boot key (usually volume down on smartphones and one of the keys on feature phones) then connect to PC via USB cable

[Image: How-to-use-Infinity-CM2SP2-to-flash-Unis...ware-7.jpg]

13. The device should get detected

[Image: How-to-use-Infinity-CM2SP2-to-flash-Unis...ware-8.jpg]

14. Flashing should begin

[Image: How-to-use-Infinity-CM2SP2-to-flash-Unis...ware-9.jpg]

15. You should see a Done message once flashing is complete. Disconnect and power up the device.

[Image: How-to-use-Infinity-CM2SP2-to-flash-Unis...are-10.jpg]

Important Notice
  • Unless you're using a loader version, you'll need the hardware dongle to use this tool
  • Avoid interrupting the flash process else the device could go dead
  • Backups are good but the official / factory firmware is safer to flash, especially on newer Android devices which verify images

Video Transcript
Quote:In this video tutorial, I'll be explaining how to flash a Unisoc Android device using Infinity CM2SP2. I'm going to run as Administrator. You need to have setup your CM2 dongle. I'll link to a guide on that. You also need to have installed your Unisoc drivers. You also need to have the firmware which you intend to flash. What I have here is a CM2 backup. Yours could be a pac file or a bin file but this is a CM2 backup I'll be flashing. I'll just wait for the dashboard to come up. Alright, the its up. Select your CPU and model type depending on your device's chipset that's under platform settings. Since I intend to flash, I'll go under Flasher. Now, you double-click this space under flasher that's Pac/Sc. In this Window that pops up, you select the file you intend to flash. Mine is a CM2 backup so I select this config xml and wait for the firmware to get processed or its details to get displayed. That is displayed. Under Flasher, you have all the files to be flashed listed. As you can see, they're all ticked. You can decide to tick or untick any file you intend to flash. Any file you intend to leave out, you untick but those you intend to flash, you leave them ticked. Under flash settings, you select what you intend to do but I would just leave them blank. If you don't know what to select, just leave them all blank then you click Flash. Now you wait. What you're waiting for is to see waiting for device. Once you see wait for device, you boot the... you power off the device, hold the boot key then you connect to PC via USB cable. The boot key could be volume down or could be any (one) button if you're using a feature phone. You find out the boot key then you hold that and connect to PC. I have a detection, so you just wait. Alright! so flashing has begun. Flashing is done. You can now disconnect and power up the device. That's how to flash your Unisoc device using Infinity CM2SP2           
This post was last modified: 27-09-2020, 07:49 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.

Messages In This Thread
How to use Infinity CM2SP2 to flash Unisoc firmware - by hovatek - 27-09-2020, 07:46 PM
RE: How to use Infinity CM2SP2 to flash Unisoc firmware - by mbaziira - 27-09-2020, 10:40 PM