Hovatek Forum HARDWARE Boxes and Dongles [Tutorial] How to use Infinity CM2SP2 to backup Unisoc firmware
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to use Infinity CM2SP2 to backup Unisoc firmware

[Tutorial] How to use Infinity CM2SP2 to backup Unisoc firmware

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-09-2020, 06:15 PM

This guide will explain how to backup or dump a Unisoc / Spreadtrum (SPD) device's firmware using Infinity CM2SP2.

Requirements

How to backup Unisoc firmware using Infinity CM2SP2

Follow the steps below to use Infinity Cm2sp2 to dump Unisoc / Spreadtrum firmware

See the video below or @ https://youtu.be/QuXvsJQogrs

1. Run CM2SP2 as Administrator

[Image: How-to-use-Infinity-CM2SP2-to-backup-Uni...ware-1.jpg]

2. Wait till the Dashboard comes up

[Image: How-to-use-Infinity-CM2SP2-to-backup-Uni...ware-2.jpg]

3. Select the CPU

[Image: How-to-use-Infinity-CM2SP2-to-backup-Uni...ware-3.jpg]

4. Select the Model

[Image: How-to-use-Infinity-CM2SP2-to-backup-Uni...ware-4.jpg]

5. Click the Flasher tab

[Image: How-to-use-Infinity-CM2SP2-to-backup-Uni...ware-5.jpg]

6. Click Read FW

[Image: How-to-use-Infinity-CM2SP2-to-backup-Uni...ware-6.jpg]

7. Once you see Wait for device, power off the device, hold the boot key (usually volume down on smartphones and one of the keys on feature phones) then connect to PC via USB cable

[Image: How-to-use-Infinity-CM2SP2-to-backup-Uni...ware-7.jpg]

8. The device should get detected

[Image: How-to-use-Infinity-CM2SP2-to-backup-Uni...ware-8.jpg]

9. Wait while the bar loads

[Image: How-to-use-Infinity-CM2SP2-to-backup-Uni...ware-9.jpg]

10. In the window that pops up, choose the location you wish to save the firmware then click Save

[Image: How-to-use-Infinity-CM2SP2-to-backup-Uni...are-10.jpg]

11. Backup should begin

[Image: How-to-use-Infinity-CM2SP2-to-backup-Uni...are-11.jpg]

12. In the Extra FW data popup, click Yes if you want the tool to read extra info (optional)

[Image: How-to-use-Infinity-CM2SP2-to-backup-Uni...are-12.jpg]

13. You should see Done once backup is complete. Disconnect the device.

[Image: How-to-use-Infinity-CM2SP2-to-backup-Uni...are-13.jpg]

14. You should find the dumped files in the location you'd selected

[Image: How-to-use-Infinity-CM2SP2-to-backup-Uni...are-14.jpg]

Important Notice
  • If you don't have cm2 dongle then you might want to consider how to backup unisoc / spd firmware using research download tool
  • Unless you're using a loader version, you'll need the hardware dongle to use this tool
  • Avoid interrupting the backup process else the device could go dead
  • Backups are good but the official / factory firmware is safer to flash, especially on newer Android devices which verify images

Video Transcript
Quote:In this video tutorial, I'll be explaining how to backup or dump a Unisoc Android device's firmware using Infinity CM2SP2. I'm going to run as Administrator right now. CM2SP2 is an upgrade of CM2SPD. This supports the more recent Unisoc chipsets. Don't forget that Spreadtrum rebranded from Spreadtrum to Unisoc so if I mention Unisoc, just know I'm also referring to Spreadtrum. You wait while the dashboard comes up. Now, you need to have installed your Spreadtrum or Unisoc USB drivers. I'll link to a guide on how to do that. You also need to have setup your Infinity CM2, you'll need the hardware dongle. I'll also link to a guide on that. You wait for the dashboard to come up. It usually takes a while depending on your PC. Alright! Great. Now the dashboard is up. Under Platform Settings, you select your CPU type and the model (one that corresponds). This is what matches mine. I'll link to a guide on how to find out your device's chipset. Now, you want to backup so you go under the Flasher tab. You click Read FW; that is to read firmware. Now you wait. What you're looking for is wait for phone. Once you see that, you'll take the next step. Alright! Once you see wait for device, you power off the device, hold the boot key and connect to PC via USB cable. Your boot key could be the volume down button or it could be any (one) of the keys on your device if you're using a feature phone so lookup the boot key for your device. I'm going to have to re-run this, I had a disconnection issue. Alright! We have detection now. The process should begin. Now you can release the boot key. This is an option step. Its just for the tool to get more information about the device. I have adb enabled on my device so I'll go ahead. If you don't want to go through this step, you can just click No. This just extracts information about the device and writes it into a file. This is just an optional step. Alright! So the backup is done. You can check the folder you'd selected during backup and you should find the files listed there. Lets take a look at mine. This is it listed here, so this is what it backs up like.
This post was last modified: 28-09-2021, 10:45 AM by X3non.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.

Messages In This Thread
How to use Infinity CM2SP2 to backup Unisoc firmware - by hovatek - 27-09-2020, 06:15 PM