Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Root Straight Talk/Cdma Verizon S7 (G930vl)
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Root Straight Talk/Cdma Verizon S7 (G930vl)

Root Straight Talk/Cdma Verizon S7 (G930vl)

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
04-12-2019, 10:45 AM
(03-12-2019, 08:55 PM)Justin Winans I've searched everywhere for solid info on rooting a  Straight Talk/Cdma Verizon  S7 (G930vl)

There are a few methods that all seem to always have some step in the process thats working for them and not for me.
I'm pretty frustrated at the fact that seems to be the luck i have with picking the ONE difficult to root model.
I've heard a lil about converting it to a verizon model and then it being rootable then,....
but the downfall being that it has a pretty tighten up lock on its BL and so Id better be sure it was the varient I wanted bc id be stuck w it,..no going back,....so theres that.

And also an issue that kept coming up when I would attempt downgrading to an older version
of android that is easily rootable I always get a failed error in odin.
SW  rev fused 10 Binary 1 or something like that.
maybe the other way around,..I dont remember,...
from what i read its bc i need to get the right binary number and im trying one too low or something
Any info on getting this done would the the ****....

I'm runnin Oreo 8.0 with Firmware/Baseband : G930VLUDSADL1

Someone plz help......

you're unable to downgrade cause rollback is no longer allowed on the current bootloader and your device running on this version of android 8 can't be rooted

Messages In This Thread
Root Straight Talk/Cdma Verizon S7 (G930vl) - by Justin Winans - 03-12-2019, 08:55 PM
RE: Root Straight Talk/Cdma Verizon S7 (G930vl) - by X3non - 04-12-2019, 10:45 AM