Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Phone failed to reboot after flashing with sp flash tool
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Phone failed to reboot after flashing with sp flash tool

Phone failed to reboot after flashing with sp flash tool

patrick7
patrick7
patrick7
13-10-2022, 12:12 AM

Hello everyone, I need help to reboot my tecno pop 5 pro bd4j. I was trying to root my new device with magisk, but I discovered the process had become more complicated that it used to be. Unfortunately it was too late to jump out without consequences, so I chose to flash stock rom after using the bypass utility. This left my phone bricked, all I got is pop up sound when connected to the pc. I decided to take it to a repair centre but they failed to repair it. right now it can be recognised by the sp flash tool but unfortunately it gives the error : status_brom_cmd_cmdstart_fail 0x0c0060001. The other surprising bit is that when I try to re-bypass the authentication it shows COM10 instead of the original COM9, but cannot proceed beyond that message to diasble authentication like it did in the first scenario. What could be the way out.

I also came across some Hovatek article explaining the process of waiting to discharge, but in case the rom i flashed was incorrect this will be of incomplete help, how can I get rid of this error to reflash my phone with the appropriate stock rom?!
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
13-10-2022, 09:01 AM
u mtk byepass
https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-37957.html
patrick7
patrick7
patrick7
13-10-2022, 02:16 PM
(13-10-2022, 09:01 AM)kelvinchinedu u mtk byepass
https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-37957.html

Thanks for the link but like I explained, the method worked in the first attempt before the erroneous flashing but in subsequent attempts after flashing the phone com port is detectable but the bypass utility can do or say nothing more than detecting the phone. It just gets stack at that point. It only gives additional info only and only if the device is disconnected, and then it says line 325 "write timeout". At times this process surprises me coz it even ends up making my pc comment that it went into a problem and it gets restarted.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-10-2022, 10:11 AM
(13-10-2022, 02:16 PM)patrick7 Thanks for the link but like I explained, the method worked in the first attempt before the erroneous flashing but in subsequent attempts after flashing the phone com port is detectable but the bypass utility can do or say nothing more than detecting the phone. It just gets stack at that point. It only gives additional info only and only if the device is disconnected, and then it says line 325 "write timeout". At times this process surprises me coz it even ends up making my pc comment that it went into a problem and it gets restarted.

What does the phone get detected as under device manager?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
18-10-2022, 10:16 AM

Remove and reinsert the battery,Hold down volume up and volume down,as son as u see preloader or device found,just tap the power button.everthin will go through
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
18-10-2022, 10:17 AM
Pls don't use bd4j,instead download bd4a
patrick7
patrick7
patrick7
18-10-2022, 02:06 PM
(18-10-2022, 10:11 AM)hovatek
(13-10-2022, 02:16 PM)patrick7 Thanks for the link but like I explained, the method worked in the first attempt before the erroneous flashing but in subsequent attempts after flashing the phone com port is detectable but the bypass utility can do or say nothing more than detecting the phone. It just gets stack at that point. It only gives additional info only and only if the device is disconnected, and then it says line 325 "write timeout". At times this process surprises me coz it even ends up making my pc comment that it went into a problem and it gets restarted.

What does the phone get detected as under device manager?

It's detected as a com port (com port 10)
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-10-2022, 05:54 PM
(18-10-2022, 02:06 PM)patrick7 It's detected as a com port (com port 10)

Share a screenshot. This is too vague

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.