Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android I need help with ROM - MTK6580 - Android 7.0 Root - 1Gb/16Gb
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

I need help with ROM - MTK6580 - Android 7.0 Root - 1Gb/16Gb

I need help with ROM - MTK6580 - Android 7.0 Root - 1Gb/16Gb

janh1968
janh1968
janh1968
11-12-2020, 11:22 PM

My company has bought a year ago 1K tablets from a vendor in SZ.
The tablets have installed a developed application by my customer for elderly which requires that the tablet screen will be ON 24/7 and constantly on a charger. The application manages to adjust the screen brightness during the evening/night.

Now after 15 months we experience that tablets are coming back with a strange screen behavior.
While the screen is ON and pressing shortly twice the ON/OFF button the screen goes OFF and returns ON with horizontal lines but the touch functionality remains in tact.
Turning OFF the screen (press ON/OFF button shortly once) for 20 seconds and then turn ON the screen again, these lines are gone and all looks normal.
When you repeat the first step turning OFF and ON the screen, the vertical (blurred) lines returning.

I have tried many things.
Flashing the firmware using flashtool in different settings (we have the firmware).
The factory can reproduce the issue, but is reluctant to find a proper solution.

I would like to be in touch with an engineer / developer who would be able to helps us out.
We can sent some tablets for examination or just the firmware files.

I am reaching out on this forum hoping on some positive response.
Thank you for reading,
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-12-2020, 07:41 AM
(11-12-2020, 11:22 PM)janh1968 My company has bought a year ago 1K tablets from a vendor in SZ.
The tablets have installed a developed application by my customer for elderly which requires that the tablet screen will be ON 24/7 and constantly on a charger. The application manages to adjust the screen brightness during the evening/night.

Does this also happen after flashing (without installing your customer's software)?
This post was last modified: 12-12-2020, 07:43 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
janh1968
janh1968
janh1968
12-12-2020, 04:10 PM
(12-12-2020, 07:41 AM)hovatek
(11-12-2020, 11:22 PM)janh1968 My company has bought a year ago 1K tablets from a vendor in SZ.

Does this also happen after flashing (without installing your customer's software)?

I did not try this, as we don't have the original firmware.
In that case I have to ask the application developer to delete their application from the system and make a new system.img.
We have bought it in 2 batches. Only tablets from the 2nd batch seem to have this issue.
My guess is that the factory might have used different hardware on the board which conflicts with the boot.img or something like that.
What do you recommend ?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-12-2020, 06:18 AM
(12-12-2020, 04:10 PM)janh1968 I did not try this, as we don't have the original firmware.
In that case I have to ask the application developer to delete their application from the system and make a new system.img.
We have bought it in 2 batches. Only tablets from the 2nd batch seem to have this issue.
My guess is that the factory might have used different hardware on the board which conflicts with the boot.img or something like that.
What do you recommend ?

I see you've booked a Skype / Whatsapp session. We can take it from there

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.