Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Backing up Tecno Camon 12 CC7
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Backing up Tecno Camon 12 CC7

Backing up Tecno Camon 12 CC7

Wizard of Comp
Wizard of Comp
Wizard of Comp
Enthusiastic Member
12-10-2020, 03:12 PM

I have a tecno camon 12 cc7. I have been trying to backup it using so flash tool and miracle box, but every time I connect the phone, it gives an error and starts charging offline. I have reinstalled all mtk drivers, and checked that the phone is off when I begin is off. Note, when I connect the USB cable, it sounds like it has connected for a few seconds, then disconnect sound comes up and it stops the process.
I have also tried using the camon 12 cc7 DA agent available on this website, but it still fails.
Since it can't backup, it automatically means I also can't flash it with any tool
What can I do?
Attached Files
.jpg
Webp.net-compress-image.jpg
Size: 990.74 KB / Downloads: 4
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
13-10-2020, 10:07 AM
(12-10-2020, 03:12 PM)Wizard of Comp I have a tecno camon 12 cc7. I have been trying to backup it using so flash tool and miracle box, but every time I connect the phone, it gives an error and starts charging offline. I have reinstalled all mtk drivers, and checked that the phone is off when I begin is off. Note, when I connect the USB cable, it sounds like it has connected for a few seconds, then disconnect sound comes up and it stops the process.
I have also tried using the camon 12 cc7 DA agent available on this website, but it still fails.
Since it can't backup, it automatically means I also can't flash it with any tool
What can I do?

you're to use the DA file for this model either for backup or flashing ; download @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23243.html
and see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html for the error you encountered in your screenshot
Wizard of Comp
Wizard of Comp
Wizard of Comp
Enthusiastic Member
13-10-2020, 11:20 AM
Thank you hovatek. I finally managed to backup the rom though some partitions are missing, when I compared the backup to the rom you have posted at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-31989.html, and I wasn't sure if I did the correct thing, since I had no errors.
Wizard of Comp
Wizard of Comp
Wizard of Comp
Enthusiastic Member
13-10-2020, 11:23 AM
I resorted to using miracle box with scatter support, and did a full backup, but the problem is all the files are in .bin format, and also in the scatter file, they are indicated as .bin. Do I have to change anything or i can use them with spft like that?
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
13-10-2020, 09:25 PM

(13-10-2020, 11:23 AM)Wizard of Comp I resorted to using miracle box with scatter support, and did a full backup, but the problem is all the files are in .bin format, and also in the scatter file, they are indicated as .bin. Do I have to change anything or i can use them with spft like that?

you cant use spft to flash firmware backedup with miracle box, use miracle to write back firmware or use wwr_mtk to backup sp flash tool flasheable firmware

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wizard of Comp
Wizard of Comp
Wizard of Comp
Enthusiastic Member
14-10-2020, 06:39 AM
If i use spft, the backup doesnt have scatter file and preloader, is that really okay?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
14-10-2020, 10:19 AM
(14-10-2020, 06:39 AM)Wizard of Comp If i use spft, the backup doesnt have scatter file and preloader, is that really okay?

hope you used wwr v2.51?
if yes, did you readback from emmc_boot1 for preloader?
or better still explain how you made this backup (i.e without scatter & preloader)
Wizard of Comp
Wizard of Comp
Wizard of Comp
Enthusiastic Member
14-10-2020, 11:06 AM
Let me do a fresh backup then post the full files in the folder that get backed up.

ps i have SP_Flash_Tool_v5.2036 and wwr 2.51 and i followed your video guide