Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Tutorial] How to fix TWRP touch not working on Unisoc Android
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Tutorial] How to fix TWRP touch not working on Unisoc Android

[Tutorial] How to fix TWRP touch not working on Unisoc Android

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-03-2020, 04:38 PM

We'd since introduced a Unisoc / Spreadtrum (SPD) auto TWRP porter. If after using our tool or porting by yourself, touch isn't working in TWRP recovery mode, this guide will teach you how to fix it. You can also checkout this guide tested on Mediatek (MTK).

Requirements

Steps to fix touch not working in TWRP on Unisoc devices

Follow the steps below to enable touch in TWRP for Unisoc / Spreadtrum (SPD) Android

See the video below or @ https://youtu.be/xTRXvyJ0Bys

1. Unpack your stock recovery.img using your preferred tool (I used Android Image Kitchen)
  2. In the ramdisk folder of your unpacked stock recovery, you should find a file named something like init.recovery.****.rc, mine is named init.recovery.s9863a1h10.rc . Take note of this file name
  3. The zip file you downloaded above should contain 3 files in a ramdisk folder; init.recovery.s9863a1h10.rc , load_modules.sh and gslX680.ko (my touch driver) in sbin folder
  4. Rename the init.recovery.s9863a1h10.rc to match what is found in your stock recovery (obtained in step 2 above)
  5. Open load_modules.sh using notepad and rename gslX680.ko to whatever your touch driver is named
  6. Unpack the TWRP with touch issues
  7. Copy your renamed init.recovery.***.rc (it was originally named init.recovery.s9863a1h10.rc in the zip) into the ramdisk folder of your unpacked TWRP. Replace if prompted
  8. Copy the edited load_modules.sh and your touch driver (mine is gslX680.ko) into the /ramdisk/sbin folder of your unpacked TWRP
  9. Repack your TWRP recovery image and sign if your recovery image requires signing before flash
  10. Flash the modified TWRP and boot into TWRP recovery mode. Touch should now be working

Important Notice
  • This guide only applies to Android 8 and above or devices which have the vendor partition
  • This technique might work for other chipsets. Give it a try and lets know how it goes for you
This post was last modified: 21-03-2020, 07:02 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
depesh1977
depesh1977
depesh1977
14-02-2021, 12:37 AM
I can't get the touch to work.It's terribly laggy.For a score of 2 out of 10.As if the sensitivity is very small.Log and folder with the driver log here
This post was last modified: 14-02-2021, 12:39 AM by depesh1977.
Attached Files
.zip
log.zip
Size: 45.37 KB / Downloads: 60
.zip
firmware.zip
Size: 860.3 KB / Downloads: 87
depesh1977
depesh1977
depesh1977
14-02-2021, 10:44 AM
Got one problem the machine is not in a very long time.I took this advice.But he didn't want to work.I began to think hard and watch the paths.As it turned out, your advice did not correct much and everything was started.But as an experience I got it on version 3.5.0. There are a lot of thoughts in my head but I don't have the strength to implement it alone.I would like to have the help of my friends in my work.There are very few smart people.
depesh1977
depesh1977
depesh1977
17-02-2021, 07:27 PM
Я для себя вывел другой вариант завода. Иногда этот не работает. Я стал смотреть все init в twrp. И потом методом опыта кое-что добавил. Три телефона после моего варианта ожили и заработал тач. Прости по русски пишу. Исправлю чуть позже

Написан с BQ-5519G. Работает на Hovatek Mobile
boshug
boshug
boshug
04-04-2021, 03:11 AM

Thank you hovatek for this, but I am requesting someone help me, whats the touch driver for FERO A4502? Thanks in advance
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
05-04-2021, 10:17 AM
(04-04-2021, 03:11 AM)boshug Thank you hovatek for this, but I am requesting someone help me, whats the touch driver for FERO A4502? Thanks in advance

see the first point in the requirements section of the OP