Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Bricked Alcatel OT-7041X (2BKPNL1)
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Bricked Alcatel OT-7041X (2BKPNL1)

Bricked Alcatel OT-7041X (2BKPNL1)

hash
hash
hash
23-07-2019, 11:23 AM

I have an Alcatel OT-7041X 2BKPNL1.
It was stuck on a bootloop, so I looked for a ROM on the internet.
I found one for 7041X, but when I tried to press "Download Only" in SP Flash Tool, it gave me "the PMT has changed" error.
So I formatted the device and then tried to do it, but now it says "DRAM_FAIL (4032)".
The device doesn't turn on at all now. How can I unbrick my device?

UPDATE:
I had made a backup before I planned to format, but it wasn't flashable yet.
I had used MTK Droid Tools to make that backup, so I went back to the application and made it flashable.
Not everything was made flashable, e.g. mobile_info.ext4 wasn't converted into an .img file. (Maybe retry with MTK Droid Tools?)
I tried to flash my backup, but it gave me the "ERROR: S_NOT_ENOUGH_STORAGE_SPACE (1011)" error message.
Then I performed the memory test and all seemed well, except somewhere it said "ERROR: NAND Flash was not detected!"
So I googled both these and found this on the XDA forums. I was able to flash my backup, but it was back in its bootloop state.

Therefore I must've been trying to flash the wrong Firmware File.
I think I need a ROM for OT-7041X 2BKPNL1 specifically and not just any ROM of OT-7041X. (Not sure about this.)
Problem is I can't find this ROM file anywhere. (Only on some shady websites asking for money.)
I've found a few hits referring to something called a MicroBox. Maybe someone can shed some light on this?

UPDATE 2:
I wasn't flashing the wrong firmware.
At first the problem was formatting the device, after that the problem was that it didn't have the correct preloader.
I have fixed the bootloop issue, but now the IMEI has been wiped.
I have made a backup of NVRAM before I formatted, but in MTK Droid Tools it was blank at the IMEI parameters.
Anyone know how to retrieve my IMEI or read it from the NVRAM?
This post was last modified: 23-07-2019, 04:02 PM by hash.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
23-07-2019, 07:15 PM
(23-07-2019, 11:23 AM)hash ...
UPDATE 2:
At first the problem was formatting the device, after that the problem was that it didn't have the correct preloader.
I have made a backup of NVRAM before I formatted, but in MTK Droid Tools it was blank at the IMEI parameters.

check and ensure that baseband is not unknown
you can restore your nvram backup depending on how you made the backup, see the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23412.html
OR you can try writing imei using any of the methods @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-116.html
hash
hash
hash
23-07-2019, 08:58 PM
(23-07-2019, 07:15 PM)X3non
(23-07-2019, 11:23 AM)hash ...
UPDATE 2:

check and ensure that baseband is not unknown
you can restore your nvram backup depending on how you made the backup, see the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23412.html
OR you can try writing imei using any of the methods @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-116.html
Baseband is not unknown.
IMEI was a bunch of zeros, but I found out that my IMEI was on de back of my device and I didn't bother with the NVRAM anymore.
Used the MTK Engineering Mode app and fixed the IMEI.
However, when I dial *#06# the IMEI shows up right, but below the IMEI it says "SVN:030FRG1".
030FRG1 corresponds with the buildnumber in Settings > About.
Is this some error? Is this a bad firmware or something?

Regarding the NVRAM, I made a backup with MTK Droid Tool, which produced a .bin file and a .tar file.
I've made a backup with SP Flash Tools as well, which is just an .img file.
There is also a NVRAM backup in the backup I made with MTK Droid Tool right before I formatted the device.
Although, in that backup the NVRAM are just a folder named "nvram" and .tar file named "userdata_nvram_only.tar", which contains the same content as the folder.

However, I'm not very certain whether my nvram backup contains the IMEI, as in MTK Droid Tools the IMEI parameters were empty, not even zeros.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
24-07-2019, 10:00 AM
(23-07-2019, 08:58 PM)hash ...

Regarding the NVRAM, I made a backup with MTK Droid Tool, which produced a .bin file and a .tar file.
There is also a NVRAM backup in the backup I made with MTK Droid Tool right before I formatted the device.
Although, in that backup the NVRAM are just a folder named "nvram" and .tar file named "userdata_nvram_only.tar", which contains the same content as the folder.

However, I'm not very certain whether my nvram backup contains the IMEI, as in MTK Droid Tools the IMEI parameters were empty, not even zeros.

that's not an error, probably how it was designed by the OEM
your nvram dump should contain the imei so long as it was made before formatting, you just didn't restore it back and there's no difference between blank imei and all zeroes, they're both invalid
hash
hash
hash
26-07-2019, 12:02 PM

(24-07-2019, 10:00 AM)X3non

your nvram dump should contain the imei so long as it was made before formatting, you just didn't restore it back and there's no difference between blank imei and all zeroes, they're both invalid
Well, my NVRAM backup was empty... Do all phones have two IMEI numbers?
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
26-07-2019, 07:18 PM
(26-07-2019, 12:02 PM)hash
(24-07-2019, 10:00 AM)X3non

Well, my NVRAM backup was empty... Do all phones have two IMEI numbers?

Yes, if it’s a dual sim phone.
Do you still have the phone’s box, it should be written on a sticker on the box.
Or you can use any of the tools @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-116.html to fix IMEI.
This post was last modified: 26-07-2019, 07:21 PM by xerxes.