Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] m-net power1 dead. how to flash firmware?
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] m-net power1 dead. how to flash firmware?

[Please help] m-net power1 dead. how to flash firmware?

Marco Guariglia
Marco Guariglia
Marco Guariglia
Enthusiastic Member
11-05-2018, 03:29 PM

good morning.

trying to update the firmware i think i bricked my m-net power1. i m trying to flash the firmware again with sp flash tool (v. 5.1744) but after installing the vcom divers, even if the phone is recognized as vcom preloader by windows 10, i cannot make it detect from sp flash tool. i cannot remove the battery so i cannot enter the meta mode. is there a way to revive the phone?
it doesnt charge anymore and usual combinations vol+/vol-/power don't work.

hope someone can help. thanks.
This post was last modified: 11-05-2018, 04:47 PM by Marco Guariglia.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
11-05-2018, 05:20 PM
(11-05-2018, 03:29 PM)Marco Guariglia good morning.

trying to update the firmware i think i bricked my m-net power1. i m trying to flash the firmware again with sp flash tool (v. 5.1744) but after installing the vcom divers, even if the phone is recognized as vcom preloader by windows 10, i cannot make it detect from sp flash tool. i cannot remove the battery so i cannot enter the meta mode. is there a way to revive the phone?

how did you attempt to update? [using OTA / SD rom or using SPft ROM]
was the update successful or it ended with an error?
whats the current state of the phone? [totally dead or stuck at boot]
Marco Guariglia
Marco Guariglia
Marco Guariglia
Enthusiastic Member
11-05-2018, 05:26 PM
TOTALLY DEAD. TRYING THE UPDATE USING SPFTROM V. 5.1744. BATTERY LOGO DOESNT APPEAR WHEN IS IN CHARGING. CANNOT TURN ON. SPFT DOESNT RECOGNIZE IT. WINDOWS RECOGNIZES AS VCOM PRELOADER. I TRIED BOTH WITH DOWNLOAD MODE THAT WITH FIRMWARE UPDATE. I ALSO TRED IN WINDOWS 7 WITH NO RESULT.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
11-05-2018, 08:21 PM
(11-05-2018, 05:26 PM)Marco Guariglia TOTALLY DEAD. TRYING  THE UPDATE USING SPFTROM  V. 5.1744. BATTERY LOGO DOESNT APPEAR WHEN IS IN CHARGING.  CANNOT TURN ON. SPFT DOESNT RECOGNIZE IT. WINDOWS RECOGNIZES AS VCOM PRELOADER.  I TRIED BOTH WITH  DOWNLOAD MODE THAT WITH FIRMWARE UPDATE. I ALSO TRED IN WINDOWS 7 WITH NO RESULT.

you skipped a vital question; this will tell if its dead due to flashing incompatible rom or due to interruption
was the update successful with a green tick or it ended with an error?
Marco Guariglia
Marco Guariglia
Marco Guariglia
Enthusiastic Member
11-05-2018, 09:47 PM

i think there was a voltage lowering. the phone was plugged in a usb hub while updating. the spft message was of a kind of mismatch with a red alert. then i unplugged the usb but phone was still turned off anyway. when i tried to turn it on, it was dead. can have this bricked the phone? how can i fix this?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-05-2018, 10:08 AM
(11-05-2018, 09:47 PM)Marco Guariglia i think there was a voltage lowering. the phone was plugged in a usb hub while updating. the spft message was of a kind of mismatch with a red alert. then i unplugged the usb but phone was still turned off anyway. when i tried to turn it on, it was dead. can have this bricked the phone? how can i fix this?

That's an interruption. Refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html
You either keep charging till it shows a charging sign or have the battery taken out and reinserted.
Try updating the drivers using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16839.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Marco Guariglia
Marco Guariglia
Marco Guariglia
Enthusiastic Member
12-05-2018, 11:08 AM
thanks a lot. i already tried most of the instructions given in this tutorial but with no effect. unfortunately this smartphone has a non removable battery so i cannot pull it out. i 'll try charging it indefinitely until it gives some signs of life. hope i can recover this mobile.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-05-2018, 02:54 PM
(12-05-2018, 11:08 AM)Marco Guariglia thanks a lot. i already tried most of the instructions given in this tutorial but with no effect. unfortunately this smartphone has a non removable battery so i cannot pull it out. i 'll try charging it indefinitely until it gives some signs of life. hope i can recover this mobile.

to remove the battery, you need to loosen the device the disconnect / reconnect the battery clip OR
you can hold vol down button before connecting the charger to the phone to speed the process up
Marco Guariglia
Marco Guariglia
Marco Guariglia
Enthusiastic Member
13-05-2018, 09:43 AM
ok. i am charging it. still no signs of life. I want to avoid opening the phone because I do not have the technical skills. I will keep it under charge for a few days, if it does not show signs of life, I will take it to assistance. thanks for the help.
28-11-2018, 12:48 AM

(11-05-2018, 03:29 PM)Marco Guariglia good morning.

Hello,
do you hvae firmware stock link for M-net Power 1?