Hovatek Forum DESKTOP Windows [Please help] Gateway 4542 pc USB ports not working
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Gateway 4542 pc USB ports not working

[Please help] Gateway 4542 pc USB ports not working

06-04-2018, 11:16 AM

Please I have gateway 4542 pc all the USB ports are not working it just stops working by itself it came with windows xp I tried installing new windows but still the same problem
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
06-04-2018, 03:29 PM
(06-04-2018, 11:16 AM)Adeyeye Adewumi Please I have gateway 4542 pc all the USB ports are not working it just stops working by itself it came with windows xp I tried installing new windows but still the same problem

how exactly did this problem start?
where you able to successfully reinstall windows and drivers?
how many USB ports in total does the PC have?
Donavernus
Donavernus
Donavernus
Enthusiastic Member
07-04-2018, 02:58 AM
(06-04-2018, 11:16 AM)Adeyeye Adewumi Please I have gateway 4542 pc all the USB ports are not working it just stops working by itself it came with windows xp I tried installing new windows but still the same problem

The fact that all the USB ports stops working shows that your PC has been tampered with, either its being disabled or blocked by software installation.

Some PC manufacturer allows you to disable your USB ports to block intruders to your system.

You need to check if the USB ports are not disabled from the BIOS setup DO NOT CHANGE ANY OPTION YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND.
  • TO DO THIS:
  • power on the desktop,
  • continuously press the F12 to take you to the BIOS setup (for Gateway PCs, F12 should take you to the BIOS setup except you have a older BIOS which you have to try F2),
  • carefully check the section for Input and Output devices to make sure that the USB ports are not disabled and enable them if needed,
  • be careful not to change any option you don't understand,
  • exit the BIOS setup and save changes if you make changes OR exit the BIOS setup without saving changes if you did not make any changes.
08-04-2018, 11:19 AM
It just stop though I don't know exactly time but when I want to use it I found it that the port are not working and I was able to install new windows on it but still the problem still the same I try to install all the drivers to still the same it has four USB ports but what amaze me was that it can charge phones and the USB mouse light the light at the bottom
08-04-2018, 11:24 AM

I have tried the bios setup check as you said but the USB port are not disable please help
Adonso
Adonso
Adonso
Respected Member
09-04-2018, 09:17 AM
(08-04-2018, 11:24 AM)Adeyeye Adewumi I have tried the bios setup check as you said but the USB port are not disable please help

Use this trick. Make a bootable flash drive. Try to see if you can get the PC to start running windows installation from the flashdrive. You should be able to see the drive from the bootable options. If you do not see this, then this is not a software issue; hardware level. You need to open your PC and see what is going on inside.

Good luck!
27-04-2018, 06:03 AM
Okay thanks I will try that