Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] How to root micromax q350?
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] How to root micromax q350?

[Please help] How to root micromax q350?

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-02-2017, 05:50 PM

(20-02-2017, 03:46 PM)vipulawtani edit 2:after some googling i have found that xbin_bind file must not exist..what of it?edit 3:here are the words from someone in magisk xda thread
. Boot in to TWRP
2. go to Advanced / File Manager and delete folder named supersu
3. go to Advanced / Terminal and enter these two commands
echo SYSTEMLESS=true>>/data/.supersu
echo BINDSYSTEMXBIN=false>>/data/.supersu
The first one forces systemless, the second prevents /su/xbin_bind from existing.
4. Flashed Beta SuperSu 2.74-2 (we can notice while flashing this zip after the above script, we will not see the line saying "Disabling OTA". Also, end of flashing it warns that it takes longer time to boot.
5. Reboot device and enjoy systemless
6. To check if we have achieved systemless root, go to system/xbin folder and we should not see the file named "su".
7. I rebooted in to TWRP and flashed xposed 85.1 (also updated with 85.2 later) and installed the apk (Material design apk from this thread)
8. All done and my xposed works.
and here is the link https://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/...268/page15 PS:i even tried magisk systemless supersu and it flashed correctly but no su binary.I think the problem lies with xbin_bind.what do YOU think?

Yes, the culprit seems to be xbin_bind . My first encounter with this was with a 6580 Marshmallow device. In that case, only one version of superSU successfully rooted. In another, nothing seemed to work. We were looking into xbin_bind but that session didn't continue
This post was last modified: 20-02-2017, 05:55 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
vipulawtani
vipulawtani
vipulawtani
Enthusiastic Member
20-02-2017, 06:52 PM
(20-02-2017, 05:50 PM)hovatek
(20-02-2017, 03:46 PM)vipulawtani edit 2:after some googling i have found that xbin_bind file must not exist..what of it?edit 3:here are the words from someone in magisk xda thread
. Boot in to TWRP
The first one forces systemless, the second prevents /su/xbin_bind from existing.
4. Flashed Beta SuperSu 2.74-2 (we can notice while flashing this zip after the above script, we will not see the line saying "Disabling OTA". Also, end of flashing it warns that it takes longer time to boot.
6. To check if we have achieved systemless root, go to system/xbin folder and we should not see the file named "su".
7. I rebooted in to TWRP and flashed xposed 85.1 (also updated with 85.2 later) and installed the apk (Material design apk from this thread)
and here is the link https://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/...268/page15 PS:i even tried magisk systemless supersu and it flashed correctly but no su binary.I think the problem lies with xbin_bind.what do YOU think?

Yes, the culprit seems to be xbin_bind . My first encounter with this was with a 6580 Marshmallow device. In that case, only one version of superSU successfully rooted. In another, nothing seemed to work. We were looking into xbin_bind but that session didn't continue

So..you mean i have to try different supersu firmware..
no problem..i will try it..in the meantime..are you sure this is really the problem?
and..one more thing..why was my device not compatible with xposed framework?And by the way..now i have a custom recovery is there any way i can create a systemless prerooted stock update.zip of my rom?

Sent from my Micromax Q350 using Hovatek mobile
vipulawtani
vipulawtani
vipulawtani
Enthusiastic Member
21-02-2017, 04:30 AM
(20-02-2017, 06:52 PM)vipulawtani
(20-02-2017, 05:50 PM)hovatek
. Boot in to TWRP

So..you mean i have to try different supersu firmware..
no problem..i will try it..in the meantime..are you sure this is really the problem?
and..one more thing..why was my device not compatible with xposed framework?And by the way..now i have a custom recovery is there any way i can create a systemless prerooted stock update.zip of my rom?

Hey buddy..so is it over now?
No way that I can root my device?

vipulawtani
vipulawtani
vipulawtani
Enthusiastic Member
21-02-2017, 04:56 AM
Hey..something just came up..
I cannot make adb recognize my device in recovery mode..
So what I am asking is which USB drivers should i install to detect my device..in recovery(normal adb works fine)?After that I can use adb shell to enter those commands that prevent xbin_bind from being created and then finally flash the SuperSU update..

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-02-2017, 11:27 AM

(21-02-2017, 04:30 AM)vipulawtani Hey buddy..so is it over now?
No way that I can root my device?

There has to be a way
Might be a permission(s) issue
This post was last modified: 21-02-2017, 11:49 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-02-2017, 11:37 AM
(21-02-2017, 04:56 AM)vipulawtani Hey..something just came up..
So what I am asking is which USB drivers should i install to detect my device..in recovery(normal adb works fine)?After that I can use adb shell to enter those commands that prevent xbin_bind from being created and then finally flash the SuperSU update..

Try using Platform tools @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-17104.html

Note!
vipulawtani
vipulawtani
vipulawtani
Enthusiastic Member
23-02-2017, 11:19 AM
Hey there...
I finally got root..after many failed attempts of systemless root(every update finished successfully but supersu always said no binary installed)I finally did what I should have done in the first place!
I applied a systemless supersu update.the update was successfully applied and after rebooting the phone was not rooted as usual!
So I factory reseted the device..now I had a system which didn't have any root(systemless root removes itself on reset)..BUT..I was running on a patched boot image(patched by SuperSU update) so I thought that now the boot image,se policy is patched..I can flash a non-systemless super su..but it is not the end..
One update bricked my device..I was stuck at boot animation..
Next two updates didn't root my phone..but another update zip finally rooted!!
So now I am running on normal root(su is in system/xbin and maybe it is also in system/bin)I have changed boot animation and fonts and I have even changed the theme by substratum(it is working perfectly on my device!)The xposed framework is not working...as of now!
But still..I am very happy and all the credit goes to you!Thank you buddy for creating the recovery....its because of people like you that there is hope in this world...a light at the end of darkness..
By the way I am going to post recovery and the method on XDA..and I would like to have your real name/profile name..and a link to your profile..I do steal some burgers and ice creams occasionally from big shops but..I can never steal your work!That's why I am asking.. Just provide me something that points to you!
And..one more request..will you please tell me what did you do to make the recovery free of mounting errors??As far as I can see by unpacking you modified the recovery.fstab file and it is entirely different from the file of stock recovery..what did you change?Did you change something else too?This is very important to me..you may reveal it to me if you don't mind(of course)

Sent from my Micromax Q350 using the Hovatek Forum App
vipulawtani
vipulawtani
vipulawtani
Enthusiastic Member
23-02-2017, 03:22 PM
(21-02-2017, 11:37 AM)hovatek
(21-02-2017, 04:56 AM)vipulawtani Hey..something just came up..

Try using Platform tools @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-17104.html
Hey there...<br />
I finally got root..after many failed attempts of systemless root(every update finished successfully but supersu always said no binary installed)I finally did what I should have done in the first place!<br />
I applied a systemless supersu update.the update was successfully applied and after rebooting the phone was not rooted as usual!<br />
So I factory reseted the device..now I had a system which didn't have any root(systemless root removes itself on reset)..BUT..I was running on a patched boot image(patched by SuperSU update) so I thought that now the boot image,se policy is patched..I can flash a non-systemless super su..but it is not the end..<br />
One update bricked my device..I was stuck at boot animation..<br />
Next two updates didn't root my phone..but another update zip finally rooted!!<br />
So now I am running on normal root(su is in system/xbin and maybe it is also in system/bin)I have changed boot animation and fonts and I have even changed the theme by substratum(it is working perfectly on my device!)The xposed framework is not working...as of now!<br />
But still..I am very happy and all the credit goes to you!Thank you buddy for creating the recovery....its because of people like you that there is hope in this world...a light at the end of darkness..<br />
By the way I am going to post recovery and the method on XDA..and I would like to have your real name/profile name..and a link to your profile..I do steal some burgers and ice creams occasionally from big shops but..I can never steal your work!That's why I am asking.. Just provide me something that points to you!<br />
And..one more request..will you please tell me what did you do to make the recovery free of mounting errors??As far as I can see by unpacking you modified the recovery.fstab file and it is entirely different from the file of stock recovery..what did you change?Did you change something else too?This is very important to me..you may reveal it to me if you don't mind(of course)<br />
<br />

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-02-2017, 07:26 PM
(23-02-2017, 11:19 AM)vipulawtani Hey there...
I finally got root..after many failed attempts of systemless root(every update finished successfully but supersu always said no binary installed)I finally did what I should have done in the first place!
I applied a systemless supersu update.the update was successfully applied and after rebooting the phone was not rooted as usual!
So I factory reseted the device..now I had a system which didn't have any root(systemless root removes itself on reset)..BUT..I was running on a patched boot image(patched by SuperSU update) so I thought that now the boot image,se policy is patched..I can flash a non-systemless super su..but it is not the end..
One update bricked my device..I was stuck at boot animation..
Next two updates didn't root my phone..but another update zip finally rooted!!
So now I am running on normal root(su is in system/xbin and maybe it is also in system/bin)I have changed boot animation and fonts and I have even changed the theme by substratum(it is working perfectly on my device!)The xposed framework is not working...as of now!
But still..I am very happy and all the credit goes to you!Thank you buddy for creating the recovery....its because of people like you that there is hope in this world...a light at the end of darkness..
By the way I am going to post recovery and the method on XDA..and I would like to have your real name/profile name..and a link to your profile..I do steal some burgers and ice creams occasionally from big shops but..I can never steal your work!That's why I am asking.. Just provide me something that points to you!
And..one more request..will you please tell me what did you do to make the recovery free of mounting errors??As far as I can see by unpacking you modified the recovery.fstab file and it is entirely different from the file of stock recovery..what did you change?Did you change something else too?This is very important to me..you may reveal it to me if you don't mind(of course)

You're welcome.
Username @ XDA is Hovatek (https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=5636663 )
The port image I used might have been a bit different but the main thing must've been the mount points @ etc/recovery.fstab

Should be something like this for Philz

Code:

/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/boot            /boot        emmc    defaults                                defaults
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/nvram            /nvram        emmc    defaults                                defaults
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/recovery            /recovery    emmc    defaults                                defaults
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/system            /system        ext4    ro                                      wait
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/cache           /cache      ext4   noatime,nosuid,nodev,noauto_da_alloc,discard               wait,check
/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/userdata           /data       ext4   noatime,nosuid,nodev,noauto_da_alloc,discard               wait,check,resize,encryptable=/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/11230000.msdc0/by-name/metadata
/dev/block/mmcblk1p1        auto        auto    defaults                voldmanaged=sdcard:auto,noemulatedsd
/dev/block/sda1          auto      vfat      defaults        voldmanaged=usbotg:auto

Note!
Pages (2): Previous 1 2