Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Help Unbrick Tecno Y2
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Help Unbrick Tecno Y2

Help Unbrick Tecno Y2

Pline
Pline
Pline
Respected Member
28-11-2016, 03:40 PM

i flashed the stock rom and it just didnt boot up, i tried reflashing the same rom and now am getting error 4032, Ive downloaded the stockrom from different sources(needrom.com) and am still getting the same error. pliz help before the owner shoots me dead hes a cop Big Grin
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-11-2016, 06:58 PM
(28-11-2016, 03:40 PM)Pline i flashed the stock rom and it just didnt boot up, i tried reflashing the same rom and now am getting error 4032, Ive downloaded the stockrom from different sources(needrom.com) and am still getting the same error. pliz help before the owner shoots me dead hes a cop Big Grin

thats because its a different variant of y2.
can you get access to a working Y2?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Pline
Pline
Pline
Respected Member
29-11-2016, 01:00 PM
(28-11-2016, 06:58 PM)hovatek
(28-11-2016, 03:40 PM)Pline i flashed the stock rom and it just didnt boot up, i tried reflashing the same rom and now am getting error 4032, Ive downloaded the stockrom from different sources(needrom.com) and am still getting the same error. pliz help before the owner shoots me dead hes a cop Big Grin

thats because its a different variant of y2.
can you get access to a working Y2?

ive just copied the rom from another working phone and the dead one flashed ok but now it boots into white mode. ive tried flashing the white display fix but flashtool gives a PMT changed error
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
29-11-2016, 08:14 PM
(29-11-2016, 01:00 PM)Pline ive just copied the rom from another working phone and the dead one flashed ok but now it boots into white mode. ive tried flashing the white display fix but flashtool gives a PMT changed error

try flashing this display fix only using miracle box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13894.html
OR
you can create a new folder > 
copy the content of the rom that gave the white screen > 
then copy the uboot or lk.bin file from the display fix to the same folder >
overwrite any existing file  then flash this modified rom again using SPft (firmware upgrade)