Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Variant
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Variant

Variant

Dave
Dave
Dave
Techie Member
08-11-2016, 09:19 PM

Just need to understand somethings about variant, what if I flash an mtk fone without knowing the particular variant inside,let say the fone is having variant 1 and I flashed it with variant 2, will it still work and how do I check the variant inside since the fone is not butting to the menu or on Password?

Sent from my Infinix NOTE 2 using Hovatek mobile
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
09-11-2016, 12:31 PM
(08-11-2016, 09:19 PM)Dave Just need to understand somethings about variant, what if I flash an mtk fone without knowing the particular variant inside,let say the fone is having variant 1 and I flashed it with variant 2, will it still work and how do I check the variant inside since the fone is not butting to the menu or on Password?

Sent from my Infinix NOTE 2 using Hovatek mobile

It might or might not work when you flash a firmware for a different variant; it varies.
As for finding out the variant, it depends on what differentiates variants for your phone mode . It could be RAM, ROM, hardware etc. If you cant find out the differences between variants then you'll have to rely on trial and error with different firmware for that model till you find one that works

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Dave
Dave
Dave
Techie Member
09-11-2016, 03:11 PM
thanks alot boss for your response.