Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to fix Invalid / Null IMEI after upgrading the Gionee Elife S Plus to Marshmallow
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to fix Invalid / Null IMEI after upgrading the Gionee Elife S Plus to Marshmallow

[Tutorial] How to fix Invalid / Null IMEI after upgrading the Gionee Elife S Plus to Marshmallow

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-09-2016, 10:35 AM

[Image: Invalid-or-null-IMEI-gionee-elife-splus-marshmallow.jpg]

For those who are yet to root their Gionee Elife S Plus running on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), Team Hovatek has created an easy guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-root...rshmallow/ .
We've however been receiving complaints from users ending up with Invalid / Null IMEI after upgrading from Android 5 (Lollipop) to Android 6 (Marshmallow) and rooting. This brief guide will teach you how to resolve this.

* Download the Lollipop firmware @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-389.html
* Flash it to the phone using SP Flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html
* Write back your IMEI to the phone using any of the methods @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-116.html (MTK Engineering is easiest)
* Do not factory reset the phone from this point
* Upgrade to Marshmallow by installing the OTA update
* Flash TWRP recovery as instructed @ https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-root...rshmallow/ but do not root the phone yet
* While still in TWRP, backup Secro and NVRAM
* You can then root by flashing SuperSU as instructed in the rooting guide
* If you have Null IMEI after rebooting then simply boot into TWRP recovery and restore your Secro and NVRAM backup
This post was last modified: 07-09-2016, 10:39 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
sherman
sherman
sherman
Enthusiastic Member
09-09-2016, 07:13 AM
(07-09-2016, 10:35 AM)hovatek Before I downgrade to 5.0 can I backup my current ROM and app settings so that after the restoring of imei and then upgrade to 6.0 then flash the twrp and backup nvram and secro as stated on the first link. Can I restore my 6.0 and app settings from there I mean is it advisable to restore or should I start afresh. Secro and NVRAM backup
This post was last modified: 09-09-2016, 01:07 PM by hovatek.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
09-09-2016, 01:08 PM
(09-09-2016, 07:13 AM)sherman Before I downgrade to 5.0 can I backup my current ROM and app settings so that after the restoring of imei and then upgrade to 6.0 then flash the twrp and backup nvram and secro as stated on the first link. Can I restore my 6.0 and app settings from there I mean is it advisable to restore or should I start afresh. Secro and NVRAM backup

Yes, you may. but ensure to save Secro and NVRAM from Lollipop

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
sherman
sherman
sherman
Enthusiastic Member
12-09-2016, 02:12 PM
(09-09-2016, 07:13 AM)sherman
(07-09-2016, 10:35 AM)hovatek Before I downgrade to 5.0 can I backup my current ROM and app settings so that after the restoring of imei and then upgrade to 6.0 then flash the twrp and backup nvram and secro as stated on the first link. Can I restore my 6.0 and app settings from there I mean is it advisable to restore or should I start afresh. Secro and NVRAM backup

I've been on along thing ooo... Inoticed before flashing twro to the phone through adb you must unlock bootloader. And after unlocking the phone formats thereby formatting everything in the phone including the imei number again. So an to ask if Ican use sp flash tool to just download the twrp into the phone and then backup my nvram.?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-09-2016, 08:26 PM

(12-09-2016, 02:12 PM)sherman I've been on along thing ooo... Inoticed before flashing twro to the phone through adb you must unlock bootloader. And after unlocking the phone formats thereby formatting everything in the phone including the imei number again. So an to ask if Ican use sp flash tool to just download the twrp into the phone and then backup my nvram.?

yes, you can use spft to flash back TWRP
BUT since the device has already been wiped while trying to unlock the bootloader, you'll still have to check and be sure that all nvram related items (imei, wifi, bluetooth etc) are in order before backing up.
sherman
sherman
sherman
Enthusiastic Member
13-09-2016, 02:38 PM
(12-09-2016, 08:26 PM)X3non
(12-09-2016, 02:12 PM)sherman I've been on along thing ooo... Inoticed before flashing twro to the phone through adb you must unlock bootloader. And after unlocking the phone formats thereby formatting everything in the phone including the imei number again. So an to ask if Ican use sp flash tool to just download the twrp into the phone and then backup my nvram.?

BUT since the device has already been wiped while trying to unlock the bootloader, you'll still have to check and be sure that all nvram related items (imei, wifi, bluetooth etc) are in order before backing up.

Actually they are not in order after unlocking the bootloader. Now I downgraded to 5.1 version and I saw partition backup application. I rewrote my imei to sim1 and sim2 then I rebooted my phone the imei is backup,then I opened my partition backup app and backup the current secro nvram and nvramdata partition. I will upgrade it back to 6.0 marshmallow, Root it and reinstall partition backup app then restore n see what happens at last.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-09-2016, 08:20 AM
(13-09-2016, 02:38 PM)sherman Actually they are not in order after unlocking the bootloader. Now I downgraded to 5.1 version and I saw partition backup application. I rewrote my imei to sim1 and sim2 then I rebooted my phone the imei is backup,then I opened my partition backup app and backup the current secro nvram and nvramdata partition. I will upgrade it back to 6.0 marshmallow, Root it and reinstall partition backup app then restore n see what happens at last.

OK

Note!
sherman
sherman
sherman
Enthusiastic Member
18-09-2016, 12:29 PM
(13-09-2016, 02:38 PM)sherman
(12-09-2016, 08:26 PM)X3non

Actually they are not in order after unlocking the bootloader. Now I downgraded to 5.1 version and I saw partition backup application. I rewrote my imei to sim1 and sim2 then I rebooted my phone the imei is backup,then I opened my partition backup app and backup the current secro nvram and nvramdata partition. I will upgrade it back to 6.0 marshmallow, Root it and reinstall partition backup app then restore n see what happens at last.

this didnt work either
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-09-2016, 02:02 PM
(18-09-2016, 12:29 PM)sherman this didnt work either

How exactly did you backup NVRAM and Secro? What application?

Note!
sherman
sherman
sherman
Enthusiastic Member
27-09-2016, 07:55 PM

(19-09-2016, 02:02 PM)hovatek
(18-09-2016, 12:29 PM)sherman this didnt work either

How exactly did you backup NVRAM and Secro? What application?

partition backup
Pages (2): 1 2 Next