Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Realme 7 5G MT6853 IMEI restore
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Realme 7 5G MT6853 IMEI restore

Realme 7 5G MT6853 IMEI restore

czaroslaw
czaroslaw
czaroslaw
Enthusiastic Member
22-05-2022, 09:56 PM

Realme 7 5G, RMX2111, Android 10, unlocked, rooted, firmware RMX2111PU_11_A.35

Is there any way to restore IMEI?

I have tried Modem Meta. The only way to connect is to reboot to Meta mode using MTKMetaUtility, then Modem Meta in DUT in Meta mode. The device is connected but with warning Modem SLA is not verified (see attachment). Next, DB cannot be loaded. Modem meta successfully find MDDB from target, make a copy in program directory but it cannot load it. See log in attachment.
Am I doing something wrong?

Is it possible to fix IMEI using hex editor? I found IMEI in opporeserve2.img. See attachment.
There are two identical sections with both IMEIs. And there is one other section with IMEI 1.
Are IMEI stored in such way or is it only a copy from other source?

Are there any other ways to fix IMEI?

Thanks
Attached Files
.jpg
mm.jpg
Size: 64.94 KB / Downloads: 30
.jpg
opporeserve2_1.jpg
Size: 61.87 KB / Downloads: 41
.txt
META_TOOL.txt
Size: 34.25 KB / Downloads: 29
.jpg
opporeserve2_2.jpg
Size: 193.55 KB / Downloads: 36
Kasha Fatal
Kasha Fatal
Kasha Fatal
24-05-2022, 03:36 PM
Its not possible to restore IMEI unless you have a backup, because its encrypted.
czaroslaw
czaroslaw
czaroslaw
Enthusiastic Member
24-05-2022, 09:16 PM
Ok and it is stored in nvram?
Does Modem Meta encrypt IMEI? Is the encryption method and location possible to find in mddb?
So the only way is to use some tool? Is there any working tool for MT6853 like Modem Meta? Or maybe I should upgrade to android 11 to get Modem Meta working?
Kasha Fatal
Kasha Fatal
Kasha Fatal
24-05-2022, 09:20 PM
(24-05-2022, 09:16 PM)czaroslaw Ok and it is stored in nvram?
Does Modem Meta encrypt IMEI? Is the encryption method and location possible to find in mddb?
So the only way is to use some tool? Is there any working tool for MT6853 like Modem Meta? Or maybe I should upgrade to android 11 to get Modem Meta working?

Realme patched modem meta. The imei is stored in nvram and you also need other partitions (depending on the model) to make it work. Encryption method is unkown and no tool can decrypt it.
czaroslaw
czaroslaw
czaroslaw
Enthusiastic Member
25-05-2022, 06:31 AM

(24-05-2022, 09:20 PM)Kasha Fatal Realme patched modem meta. The imei is stored in nvram and you also need other partitions (depending on the model) to make it work. Encryption method is unkown and no tool can decrypt it.
Realme patched Modem meta is some kind of special version of Modem meta? I cannot find any info about it.

Here is the db that does not work in Modem meta
Attached Files
Kasha Fatal
Kasha Fatal
Kasha Fatal
25-05-2022, 03:36 PM
(25-05-2022, 06:31 AM)czaroslaw
(24-05-2022, 09:20 PM)Kasha Fatal Realme patched modem meta. The imei is stored in nvram and you also need other partitions (depending on the model) to make it work. Encryption method is unkown and no tool can decrypt it.
Realme patched Modem meta is some kind of special version of Modem meta? I cannot find any info about it.

Here is the db that does not work in Modem meta

There is no way to change IMEI. We tried (im admin of realme 7 telegram group). Not even service center has the tool to write imei, only high level realme employees have the key. Only option is go to service center and have your board replaced
czaroslaw
czaroslaw
czaroslaw
Enthusiastic Member
25-05-2022, 08:23 PM
(25-05-2022, 03:36 PM)Kasha Fatal There is no way to change IMEI. We tried (im admin of realme 7 telegram group). Not even service center has the tool to write imei, only high level realme employees have the key. Only option is go to service center and have your board replaced
Understand. Thank you for the aswer. So I have to wait till some software will be updated.

However, there are some softwares (paid) that claim they support IMEI change e.g. Hydra Tool, UnlockTool, Pandora's Box,
Kasha Fatal
Kasha Fatal
Kasha Fatal
25-05-2022, 08:34 PM
(25-05-2022, 08:23 PM)czaroslaw
(25-05-2022, 03:36 PM)Kasha Fatal There is no way to change IMEI. We tried (im admin of realme 7 telegram group). Not even service center has the tool to write imei, only high level realme employees have the key. Only option is go to service center and have your board replaced
Understand. Thank you for the aswer. So I have to wait till some software will be updated.

However, there are some softwares (paid) that claim they support IMEI change e.g. Hydra Tool, UnlockTool, Pandora's Box,

I heard that some shady shops can fix imei. Some guy got his imei "fixed", we got it dumped and are trying to look how it was changed. No other tool than the official realme one can change it (for now)
Tevion
Tevion
Tevion
14-06-2022, 03:36 PM
(25-05-2022, 08:34 PM)Kasha Fatal
(25-05-2022, 03:36 PM)Kasha Fatal There is no way to change IMEI. We tried (im admin of realme 7 telegram group). Not even service center has the tool to write imei, only high level realme employees have the key. Only option is go to service center and have your board replaced

I heard that some shady shops can fix imei. Some guy got his imei "fixed", we got it dumped and are trying to look how it was changed. No other tool than the official realme one can change it (for now)

I have a similar issue currently on my Realme 8 (see the thread called 'Realme 8 unbrick' in this forum).  I had wiped it completely (mistake when I was attempting to root it) and did not do a backup.  I can only take someone else's UFS backup and use mtkclient to write the complete UFS backup onto the phone.  When it boots up it is missing the baseband and IMEI details so cannot connect to mobile network provider - everything else works.  I can use UnLockTool to repair the baseband but it cannot repair either of the IMEI numbers.

Most of the RealMe partners don't seem to be able to provide profiles that would allow you to be able to login to the DownloadTool which is provided by RealMe in their firmware.  I am currently trying to seek further guidance on this as it is likely this is one route to get these newer RealMe/Oppo phones working again.  Otherwise I'm unsure about motherboard replacement guidance - I suspect that if Realme get your phone they will just use DownloadTool to carry out the same process that you can do providing you had a login profile to connect DownloadTool to their servers.
Mazhar Fakhar
Mazhar Fakhar
Mazhar Fakhar
28-09-2022, 11:00 PM

(14-06-2022, 03:36 PM)Tevion
(25-05-2022, 08:34 PM)Kasha Fatal
(25-05-2022, 03:36 PM)Kasha Fatal There is no way to change IMEI. We tried (im admin of realme 7 telegram group). Not even service center has the tool to write imei, only high level realme employees have the key. Only option is go to service center and have your board replaced

I have a similar issue currently on my Realme 8 (see the thread called 'Realme 8 unbrick' in this forum).  I had wiped it completely (mistake when I was attempting to root it) and did not do a backup.  I can only take someone else's UFS backup and use mtkclient to write the complete UFS backup onto the phone.  When it boots up it is missing the baseband and IMEI details so cannot connect to mobile network provider - everything else works.  I can use UnLockTool to repair the baseband but it cannot repair either of the IMEI numbers.

Most of the RealMe partners don't seem to be able to provide profiles that would allow you to be able to login to the DownloadTool which is provided by RealMe in their firmware.  I am currently trying to seek further guidance on this as it is likely this is one route to get these newer RealMe/Oppo phones working again.  Otherwise I'm unsure about motherboard replacement guidance - I suspect that if Realme get your phone they will just use DownloadTool to carry out the same process that you can do providing you had a login profile to connect DownloadTool to their servers.

Use tr tool pro to fix your imei, bootloader should be unlocked first to fix imei, first unlock bootloader and then fix it with tr tool pro, u can buy it or find someone who takes some money and do it for u remotely via teamviewer or anydesk softwares, Hope this helps
This post was last modified: 29-09-2022, 05:55 AM by hovatek.