Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Phone is Dead and USB Not Recognized By The Computer!
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Phone is Dead and USB Not Recognized By The Computer!

[Please help] Phone is Dead and USB Not Recognized By The Computer!

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
dpol
dpol
dpol
12-02-2022, 05:34 PM

PLEASE (in capital letters).... I may have killed this Phone I was trying to use the WWR guide to Backup. Now the phone is dead. I have tried reving it but the computer kept saying USB Device not recognized every time I plugged it in for flashing. It recognized it before it died. But, the filtered device driver is missing afterwards  (don't know how) 
Phone is Tecno Pova 2
Android 11 
Secured Boot. 

I have the VCOM drivers installed
UsbDk installed
LibUsb installed

Thank you.
Khaliil
Khaliil
Khaliil
13-02-2022, 07:50 AM
Same thing happened to me, you need to open the phone and unplug the battery for like a minute, replug and turn it on

Sent from my TECNO LE7 using Hovatek Mobile
dpol
dpol
dpol
13-02-2022, 09:16 AM
(13-02-2022, 07:50 AM)Khaliil Same thing happened to me, you need to open the phone and unplug the battery for like a minute, replug and turn it on

Thanks a lot, sir Khaliiil. It felt good to know someone who passed through the same and solved it. But... The phone is new and I do not wanna break the seal on the screw just in case I need to take it to CarlCare some other time for any physical damage (God forbid  Smile )... That would void the warranty. 
You had to break the seal, no doubt...  Huh
Khaliil
Khaliil
Khaliil
13-02-2022, 04:30 PM
(13-02-2022, 09:16 AM)dpol
(13-02-2022, 07:50 AM)Khaliil
Same thing happened to me, you need to open the phone and unplug the battery for like a minute, replug and turn it on

Thanks a lot, sir Khaliiil. It felt good to know someone who passed through the same and solved it. But... The phone is new and I do not wanna break the seal on the screw just in case I need to take it to CarlCare some other time for any physical damage (God forbid  Smile Wink... That would void the warranty. 

Man i wish i can count the times i messed this phone up 😂 yeah **** happens

dpol
dpol
dpol
13-02-2022, 11:45 PM

(13-02-2022, 04:30 PM)Khaliil
(13-02-2022, 09:16 AM)dpol
(13-02-2022, 07:50 AM)Khaliil Same thing happened to me, you need to open the phone and unplug the battery for like a minute, replug and turn it on

Thanks a lot, sir Khaliiil. It felt good to know someone who passed through the same and solved it. But... The phone is new and I do not wanna break the seal on the screw just in case I need to take it to CarlCare some other time for any physical damage (God forbid  Smile )... That would void the warranty. 

Man i wish i can count the times i messed this phone up ? yeah **** happens

Lolz... I am sure eventually, that would happening to this too. Story of the life of My Tecno L9 plus back in the day Smile . (Thanks to Hovatek for standing by me through the tough times... Big Grin ) I just wanna keep this a bit longer it in its "virgin" state ... LOL
I hope Carlcare would help fix that (Only God knows what software they use in repairing firmware related stuff). And once the waranty expires like this ehn, na back to back messing up be that when any hardware opening matter arise be that ooo...

THANKS a lot, boss. I really appreciate.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-02-2022, 12:23 PM
(13-02-2022, 11:45 PM)dpol Lolz... I am sure eventually, that would happening to this too. Story of the life of My Tecno L9 plus back in the day Smile . (Thanks to Hovatek for standing by me through the tough times... Big Grin ) I just wanna keep this a bit longer it in its "virgin" state ... LOL
I hope Carlcare would help fix that (Only God knows what software they use in repairing firmware related stuff). And once the waranty expires like this ehn, na back to back messing up be that when any hardware opening matter arise be that ooo...

Refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html
Just wait till the battery drains. Button combos sometimes help force it out of flash mode

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
dpol
dpol
dpol
14-02-2022, 03:20 PM
(14-02-2022, 12:23 PM)hovatek
(13-02-2022, 11:45 PM)dpol Lolz... I am sure eventually, that would happening to this too. Story of the life of My Tecno L9 plus back in the day Smile . (Thanks to Hovatek for standing by me through the tough times... Big Grin ) I just wanna keep this a bit longer it in its "virgin" state ... LOL

Just wait till the battery drains. Button combos sometimes help force it out of flash mode

Alright, sir. Thanks a lot. Even though leaving the battery to drain might take weeks, if not months, owing to the 7, 000mAh battery capacity, which was charged full when the phone went dead.
This post was last modified: 14-02-2022, 03:27 PM by dpol.
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
14-02-2022, 03:41 PM
Just plug it with a good cable on PC and leave for few minutes and remove it and try powering up.make sure flashing is not running
dpol
dpol
dpol
19-02-2022, 08:29 PM
(14-02-2022, 12:23 PM)hovatek

The waiting out method worked, sir. 
I had been checking the phone everyday. I would plug in the charger for few seconds to check. So after 8 days, it just brought the battery charging screen. 

I however discovered that the battery didn't actually drain. Kind of. After the charging screen came on, it displayed that the battery was flat (in yellow). But, after a minute or two, it went back to the percentage it was before it went off 8 days ago...

Thanks a lot, sirs @Hovatek, Kelvin, Khalil...

What remains now is getting TWRP on it. TWRP recovery has really been helpful in saving data and OS upon data loss or bricking...
This post was last modified: 19-02-2022, 08:31 PM by dpol.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-02-2022, 07:34 AM

(19-02-2022, 08:29 PM)dpol The waiting out method worked, sir. 
I had been checking the phone everyday. I would plug in the charger for few seconds to check. So after 8 days, it just brought the battery charging screen. 

I however discovered that the battery didn't actually drain. Kind of. After the charging screen came on, it displayed that the battery was flat (in yellow). But, after a minute or two, it went back to the percentage it was before it went off 8 days ago...

Thanks a lot, sirs @Hovatek, Kelvin, Khalil...

What remains now is getting TWRP on it. TWRP recovery has really been helpful in saving data and OS upon data loss or bricking...

Send a PM
This post was last modified: 20-02-2022, 07:34 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next