Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android How to flash twrp and a custom rom without loosing magisk root
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

How to flash twrp and a custom rom without loosing magisk root

How to flash twrp and a custom rom without loosing magisk root

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Ahmed Jubayer
Ahmed Jubayer
Ahmed Jubayer
Techie Member
21-11-2021, 05:04 PM

So, After rooting my device..I have now a lot of questions...

1. How can I flash twrp/custom recovery?
2. How can flash custom ROM?
3. Will I loose my superuser power if I flash custom recovery/rom?

I unlocked Bootloader: https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-40091.html
I rooted my phone: https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-40648.html

I asked these questions because I Rooted and unlocked Bootloader via a strange method wich is using Custom signed vbmeta and a Key something called rsaxxxx..

Can anyone guide me to flash a Custom ROM and a Custom recovery without loosing root?
also...
If anyone can port twrp/make custom rom for Android 10 SPD(especially for my device mentioned below), please make one for me ;-;

DEVICE INFO :–
Name: Itel A48 (L6006)
Version: Android 10 (go edition)
Chipset: sp9832e_1h10
This post was last modified: 21-11-2021, 05:17 PM by Ahmed Jubayer.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-11-2021, 11:24 AM
(21-11-2021, 05:04 PM)Ahmed Jubayer So, After rooting my device..I have now a lot of questions...

1. How can I flash twrp/custom recovery?
2. How can flash custom ROM?
3. Will I loose my superuser power if I flash custom recovery/rom?

1. You'll need one ported for your model
2. Look into GSIs
3. So far you don't tamper with boot or userdata partition, your root should be fine

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Ahmed Jubayer
Ahmed Jubayer
Ahmed Jubayer
Techie Member
22-11-2021, 03:07 PM
(22-11-2021, 11:24 AM)hovatek 1. You'll need one ported for your model
2. Look into GSIs
3. So far you don't tamper with boot or userdata partition, your root should be fine

I am little bit confused I flashed magisk in boot partition for that I flashed A custom signed vbmeta for boot partition...now if I want to flash in recovery partition, do I need to create Another Custom signed vbmeta for both boot and recovery partition or only for recovery partition?

Pls Can you guide me how to flash twrp without loosing root? (I somehow managed to port twrp for my device)

Update:

I already tried making vbmeta signed for both boot and recovery partitions, then changed footer using both Hovatek and Rsaxxxx pem keys (which worked to make magisk signed patched boot img)
Result is:
• vbmeta successfully flashed and working
• recovery signed with Hovatek key giving me problem (was not booting into recovery stuck at Itel logo screen), but I can still access the system
• recovery signed with Rsaxxxx key didn't even flashed got stuck at 'writing recovery', still can access system (I am doing it right now)

And yes, I also tried what you said flashing a GSI rom, I tried below command

> fastboot flash -S 100M system system.img

And failed to flash with 'Unknown reason'
This post was last modified: 23-11-2021, 05:16 AM by Ahmed Jubayer. Edit Reason: Added some updates
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-11-2021, 10:11 AM
(22-11-2021, 03:07 PM)Ahmed Jubayer I am little bit confused I flashed magisk in boot partition for that I flashed A custom signed vbmeta for boot partition...now if I want to flash in recovery partition, do I need to create Another Custom signed vbmeta for both boot and recovery partition or only for recovery partition?

You create a custom vbmeta that'll have custom keys at boot and recovery partitions

(22-11-2021, 03:07 PM)Ahmed Jubayer recovery signed with Hovatek key giving me problem (was not booting into recovery stuck at Itel logo screen), but I can still access the system

This happens when you boot to home screen before attempting to enter recovery mode. recovery-from-boot.p has swapped your TWRP with stock recovery whose signature doesn't match your vbmeta, hence its failing

(22-11-2021, 03:07 PM)Ahmed Jubayer And yes, I also tried what you said flashing a GSI rom, I tried below command

> fastboot flash -S 100M system system.img

And failed to flash with 'Unknown reason'

Was this GSI confirmed to work for your model?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Ahmed Jubayer
Ahmed Jubayer
Ahmed Jubayer
Techie Member
23-11-2021, 10:17 AM

(23-11-2021, 10:11 AM)hovatek This happens when you boot to home screen before attempting to enter recovery mode. recovery-from-boot.p has swapped your TWRP with stock recovery whose signature doesn't match your vbmeta, hence its failing
I tried again but this time I changed the name of recovery-from-boot.p to recovery-from-boot.p.bak (added .bak)
But still can't access recovery Sad

Loads everything fine but then get stuck in itel logo (I also got those two usual warning messages that my bootlader is unlocked, which appears on every normal boot on top left side of screen), if one of those don't appear then, I can understand that there's a problem but this time both two warning messages appearing.....

( After flashing twrp I rebooted to system, then again tried to reboot to recovery using adb )
Do I need to remove and replace the battery then boot recovery pressing vol- and power key after flashing recovery...or is my ported recovery is not working?

My stock recovery link: https://mega.nz/file/7HxwRByY#LozZxH5bRm...yb1H3022YI

I successfully flashed gsi, and using it right now, but I am facing some issues, I mentioned here : https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-40937.html
This post was last modified: 25-11-2021, 10:40 AM by Ahmed Jubayer.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-11-2021, 10:24 AM
(23-11-2021, 10:17 AM)Ahmed Jubayer I tried again but this time I changed the name of recovery-from-boot.p to recovery-from-boot.p.bak (added .bak)
But still can't access recovery Sad

Loads everything fine but then get stuck in itel logo (I also got those two usual warning messages that my bootlader is unlocked, which appears on every normal boot on top left side of screen), if one of those don't appear then, I can understand that there's a problem but this time both two warning messages appearing.....

( After flashing twrp I rebooted to system, then again tried to reboot to recovery using adb )
Do I need to remove and replace the battery then boot recovery pressing vol- and power key after flashing recovery...or is my ported recovery is not working?

My stock recovery link: https://mega.nz/file/7HxwRByY#LozZxH5bRm...yb1H3022YI

Did you sign the twrp?

Note!
Ahmed Jubayer
Ahmed Jubayer
Ahmed Jubayer
Techie Member
24-11-2021, 10:32 AM
(24-11-2021, 10:24 AM)hovatek Did you sign the twrp?
Yes I signed, with hovatek.pem key
Also flashed a Custom Signed Vbmeta for recovery partition

Here are two files: https://mega.nz/file/GepjRKxR#HMJNsYsBa1...oCYLz5pnAo

Files are
ported_twrp_signed.img (1)
repacked_recovery_signed.img (2)

So both are signed in the same way and in flashable condition (tested)

File 2 is my unpacked-repacked stock recovery it get flashed and work fine

File 1 is a TWRP I requested someone to make, it's also signed and gets flashed but I can't boot into it (details already described in upper reply)
This post was last modified: 24-11-2021, 12:43 PM by Ahmed Jubayer.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-11-2021, 10:09 AM
(24-11-2021, 10:32 AM)Ahmed Jubayer ...
File 1 is a TWRP I requested someone to make..

Has this TWRP been tested and confirmed to work on this model?
This post was last modified: 25-11-2021, 10:09 AM by hovatek.

Note!
Ahmed Jubayer
Ahmed Jubayer
Ahmed Jubayer
Techie Member
25-11-2021, 10:14 AM
(25-11-2021, 10:09 AM)hovatek
(24-11-2021, 10:32 AM)Ahmed Jubayer ...
File 1 is a TWRP I requested someone to make..

Has this TWRP been tested and confirmed to work on this model?
No, please port a working one if you suspect that my ported twrp is not supported
Files: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvLIgHfSU5F7hEtukS3_UBzoa3eO
This post was last modified: 25-11-2021, 06:53 PM by Ahmed Jubayer.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-11-2021, 11:06 AM

(25-11-2021, 10:14 AM)Ahmed Jubayer No, please port a working one if you suspect that my ported twrp is not supported

We're yet to come to Unisoc 10 in our TWRP porter. We'll announce once we commence testing

Note!
Pages (2): 1 2 Next