Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android What can be done with bootrom?
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

What can be done with bootrom?

What can be done with bootrom?

OrhanYigit
OrhanYigit
OrhanYigit
14-11-2021, 04:43 PM

While trying to readback my Alcatel 3X (2019) (Which has absolutely no help from the internet) bootrom_690.bin showed up in the bypass_utility folder. (Yes im using bypass utility because of no da is avaliable in the internet or in the manufacturers website.) My device has a MT6763V processor, which makes it hard to readback. So my question is: Is there anything that can be done to analyze the bootrom file and make anything out of it to get the stock rom out of it? Like making a scatter file for this device. Also, when i open it with notepad, some words come up that doesnt make sense.
Edit: .bin files is not allowed, so here is the zip.
Attached Files
.zip
bootrom_690.zip
Size: 50.81 KB / Downloads: 7
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-11-2021, 09:00 AM
(14-11-2021, 04:43 PM)OrhanYigit While trying to readback my Alcatel 3X (2019) (Which has absolutely no help from the internet) bootrom_690.bin showed up in the bypass_utility folder. (Yes im using bypass utility because of no da is avaliable in the internet or in the manufacturers website.) My device has a MT6763V processor, which makes it hard to readback. So my question is: Is there anything that can be done to analyze the bootrom file and make anything out of it to get the stock rom out of it? Like making a scatter file for this device. Also, when i open it with notepad, some words come up that doesnt make sense.

Bypass utility should support this chipset.
Try https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-40865.html
Walk me through the process you followed for the mtk bypass utility

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
OrhanYigit
OrhanYigit
OrhanYigit
19-11-2021, 03:32 PM
(19-11-2021, 09:00 AM)hovatek
(14-11-2021, 04:43 PM)OrhanYigit While trying to readback my Alcatel 3X (2019) (Which has absolutely no help from the internet) bootrom_690.bin showed up in the bypass_utility folder. (Yes im using bypass utility because of no da is avaliable in the internet or in the manufacturers website.) My device has a MT6763V processor, which makes it hard to readback. So my question is: Is there anything that can be done to analyze the bootrom file and make anything out of it to get the stock rom out of it? Like making a scatter file for this device. Also, when i open it with notepad, some words come up that doesnt make sense.

Bypass utility should support this chipset.
Try https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-40865.html
Walk me through the process you followed for the mtk bypass utility
So i got the auth and DA files from the Alcatel Mobile Upgrade S Gotu2 and that eliminated the bypass problem.. When i connect the phone to the computer first it shows up as MTK Usb Port, 6 seconds later it shows up as Preloader Port, after 2 seconds it disconnects and comes back to MTK Usb Port, so i cant do anything with it. Bootoader is also opened from the fastboot.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-11-2021, 07:36 AM
(19-11-2021, 03:32 PM)OrhanYigit So i got the auth and DA files from the Alcatel Mobile Upgrade S Gotu2 and that eliminated the bypass problem.. When i connect the phone to the computer first it shows up as MTK Usb Port, 6 seconds later it shows up as Preloader Port, after 2 seconds it disconnects and comes back to MTK Usb Port, so i cant do anything with it. Bootoader is also opened from the fastboot.

If you have the right DA (leave auth aside for now), then just connect (powered off, no buttons). You'll be working in preloader mode, not brom mode

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.