Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Tecno Pouvoir 3 LB7 says Unknown Bootloader
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Tecno Pouvoir 3 LB7 says Unknown Bootloader

Tecno Pouvoir 3 LB7 says Unknown Bootloader

Ogwuche
Ogwuche
Ogwuche
Enthusiastic Member
14-10-2021, 02:53 AM

Hi, you are doing a great job here!!!
I formatted whole ROM and flashed my LB7 with a stock rom on SP Flash Tool, little did I know I was never to do that. now the phone says unknown bootloader, IMEI NOs gone, and phone doesn't respond to engineering mode code. Luckily, someone wrote the IMEI code back, but the other issues persist. other apps say the device is not an MTK chipset. worse still, when I try to backup and dump whole ROM using WWR 2.51 + SP Flash tool with your guide on YouTube, I get error: STATUS_BROM_CMD_SEND_DA_FAIL (0XC0060003). since it appeared to be DA related, I used python to bypass, and still I got this error: invalid preloader format. I also tried to flash NVRAM.bin into the phone from the stock room I got, but it failed. the rom did not contain NVRAM.data. is there any solution to this challenge???
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
14-10-2021, 12:37 PM
(14-10-2021, 02:53 AM)Ogwuche I formatted whole ROM and flashed my LB7 with a stock rom on SP Flash Tool, little did I know I was never to do that. now the phone says unknown bootloader, IMEI NOs gone, and phone doesn't respond to engineering mode code.

you probably used the format option in sp flash tool

(14-10-2021, 02:53 AM)Ogwuche Luckily, someone wrote the IMEI code back, but the other issues persist. other apps say the device is not an MTK chipset.

not sure what apps you used but cpu-z or droid hw info should give you the correct chipset

(14-10-2021, 02:53 AM)Ogwuche ...and still I got this error: invalid preloader format.

try the fix @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html

(14-10-2021, 02:53 AM)Ogwuche I also tried to flash NVRAM.bin into the phone from the stock room I got, but it failed. the rom did not contain NVRAM.data. is there any solution to this challenge???

stock / factory rom never contains nvram, you can either backup nvram from a working phone or try writing imei, mac addr using modem meta or aftersales imei tool ; see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-116.html
https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-39390.html
Ogwuche
Ogwuche
Ogwuche
Enthusiastic Member
14-10-2021, 08:28 PM
Really appreciate your reply. Will have a look at the threads and if there be any challenge, I'll revert.
Ogwuche
Ogwuche
Ogwuche
Enthusiastic Member
15-10-2021, 09:53 PM
(14-10-2021, 12:37 PM)X3non
(14-10-2021, 02:53 AM)Ogwuche I formatted whole ROM and flashed my LB7 with a stock rom on SP Flash Tool, little did I know I was never to do that. now the phone says unknown bootloader, IMEI NOs gone, and phone doesn't respond to engineering mode code.

you probably used the format option in sp flash tool

(14-10-2021, 02:53 AM)Ogwuche Luckily, someone wrote the IMEI code back, but the other issues persist. other apps say the device is not an MTK chipset.

not sure what apps you used but cpu-z or droid hw info should give you the correct chipset

(14-10-2021, 02:53 AM)Ogwuche ...and still I got this error: invalid preloader format.

try the fix @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html

(14-10-2021, 02:53 AM)Ogwuche I also tried to flash NVRAM.bin into the phone from the stock room I got, but it failed. the rom did not contain NVRAM.data. is there any solution to this challenge???

stock / factory rom never contains nvram, you can either backup nvram from a working phone or try writing imei, mac addr using modem meta or aftersales imei tool ; see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-116.html
https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-39390.html

Okay thanks and I do appreciate your reply. I gone through the tutorials on the thread on fixing sp flash tool error codes but still had same issues. I'll pass on this though.

However, using Droid HW Info, it says Unknown preloader. Is this an Issue?

Secondly, when I dial *#*#3646633#*#* I get a blank page. This situation applies to other GSM codes aside from *#06# which displays my IMEI numbers. Is there a way to fix this?

Lastly, when I used MTK Engineering mode and MTK Engineering mode apps from play store, CDS INFORMATION option is missing. When I click on the android settings MTK, it tells me it cannot find the engineering mode app. Although none of these issues appear to negatively affect the phone's functionality, I am curious to know if there is a way to fix it?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
16-10-2021, 10:46 AM

(15-10-2021, 09:53 PM)Ogwuche ...
However, using Droid HW Info, it says Unknown preloader. Is this an Issue?

i think you mean "bootloader" not preloader, either way it's not an issue

(15-10-2021, 09:53 PM)Ogwuche Secondly, when I dial *#*#3646633#*#* I get a blank page. This situation applies to other GSM codes aside from *#06# which displays my IMEI numbers. Is there a way to fix this?

this ussd code doesn't work on all mediatek devices, if you're trying to get to mtk engineering mode then you should use the "mtk engineering mode" app from playstore
also note that engineering mode isn't available to all mediatek devices either
it all comes down to what featues the OEM implements on the device or not e.g in most nokia mtk phones if not all, they removed mtk engineering mode completely

(15-10-2021, 09:53 PM)Ogwuche Lastly, when I used MTK Engineering mode and MTK Engineering mode apps from play store, CDS INFORMATION option is missing.

very common in newer mtk devices somewhere from android 7 upwards

(15-10-2021, 09:53 PM)Ogwuche When I click on the android settings MTK, it tells me it cannot find the engineering mode app. Although none of these issues appear to negatively affect the phone's functionality, I am curious to know if there is a way to fix it?

No way to fix it, it's not a bug rather that's how the oem made their devices, to come preinstalled without the feature
Ogwuche
Ogwuche
Ogwuche
Enthusiastic Member
17-10-2021, 09:04 PM
Quote:i think you mean "bootloader" not preloader, either way it's not an issue

Yes actually.

Quote:this ussd code doesn't work on all mediatek devices, if you're trying to get to mtk engineering mode then you should use the "mtk engineering mode" app from playstore
also note that engineering mode isn't available to all mediatek devices either
it all comes down to what featues the OEM implements on the device or not e.g in most nokia mtk phones if not all, they removed mtk engineering mode completely

Wow!

Quote:No way to fix it, it's not a bug rather that's how the oem made their devices, to come preinstalled without the feature

Hmnn! Such a great relief. Can't thank you enough for your time and work here. Peace!!!
This post was last modified: 18-10-2021, 09:53 AM by hovatek.