Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Need help on Xiaomi A1 stuck with 900E
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Need help on Xiaomi A1 stuck with 900E

Need help on Xiaomi A1 stuck with 900E

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
donVito07
donVito07
donVito07
24-03-2021, 08:56 AM

2 weeks ago I was trying to flash a custom rom for the Tissot A1by Mi Flash Tool.The flash process was success but after unplug the device from the computer, I cant turn it on also cant boot into fastboot or recovery mode.
Again plug in the computer and it recognized as QUSB_BULK. After download Qualcomm USB driver and install it ( Driver Signature Enforcement off ) it can be detected but HS-USB Diagnostics 900E. Due to my understanding, if in this mode than the device cant be flashed, so I try to find solution and some thread on the internet show a way to update driver of the 900E then untick the "Show compatible hardware" to choose Qloader 9008 instead of HS-USB Diagnostics 900E.
I tried this solution and yes it does turn into Qdloader 9008 on Device Manager, but when back to Mi Flash Tool, it detects 2 devices at a time, one with COM port as shown in Device Manager, and one with the name included text and number. And the point is, still can not flash the firm.
I also did try other methods like using diffirent versions of Mi Flash, or use QFIL.....but still no luck.
There're few type of error msg like : Cannot read hello packet, Sahara download filed......

Found some video showing how to use Deep flash cable or do the testpoin to force it back to EDL mode to flash so I bought a Deep Flash cable but maybe I use it the wrong way so the situation is still the same ( open the device and do testpoint should by my last last choice )
So if anyone know a method that will work with this situation, please kindly help to instruct me.

Thanks a lot!
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
24-03-2021, 10:55 AM
(24-03-2021, 08:56 AM)donVito07 2 weeks ago I was trying to flash a custom rom for the Tissot A1by Mi Flash Tool.The flash process was success but after unplug the device from the computer, I cant turn it on also cant boot into fastboot or recovery mode.
Again plug in the computer and it recognized as QUSB_BULK. After download Qualcomm USB driver and install it ( Driver Signature Enforcement off ) it can be detected but HS-USB Diagnostics 900E. Due to my understanding, if in this mode than the device cant be flashed, so I try to find solution and some thread on the internet show a way to update driver of the 900E then untick the "Show compatible hardware" to choose Qloader 9008 instead of HS-USB Diagnostics 900E.
I tried this solution and yes it does turn into Qdloader 9008 on Device Manager, but when back to Mi Flash Tool, it detects 2 devices at a time, one with COM port as shown in Device Manager, and one with the name included text and number. And the point is, still can not flash the firm.
I also did try other methods like using diffirent versions of Mi Flash, or use QFIL.....but still no luck.
There're few type of error msg like : Cannot read hello packet, Sahara download filed......

Found some video showing how to use Deep flash cable or do the testpoin to force it back to EDL mode to flash so I bought a Deep Flash cable but maybe I use it the wrong way so the situation is still the same ( open the device and do testpoint should by my last last choice )
So if anyone know a method that will work with this situation, please kindly help to instruct me.

Thanks a lot!

do an image search for "xiaomi a1 edl test point", connecting the two points should get you in 9008 if nothing else works
donVito07
donVito07
donVito07
26-03-2021, 09:20 AM
(24-03-2021, 10:55 AM)X3non
(24-03-2021, 08:56 AM)donVito07 2 weeks ago I was trying to flash a custom rom for the Tissot A1by Mi Flash Tool.The flash process was success but after unplug the device from the computer, I cant turn it on also cant boot into fastboot or recovery mode.

Thanks a lot!

do an image search for "xiaomi a1 edl test point", connecting the two points should get you in 9008 if nothing else works

Yes, I did read about doing the testpoint, but as I mentioned, opening the device would be the last choice. Before that, I want to try every other possible solutions if any. Tks for ur suggestions bro.
donVito07
donVito07
donVito07
27-03-2021, 11:13 AM

Thanks a lot!

At last, I had to do the testpoint method, but good thing is it's successes. The device is back to life!
donVito07
donVito07
donVito07
31-03-2021, 12:40 PM

Thanks a lot!

Hi bro, I'm facing a new situation here and wondering if you also can help me out. After doing the test point trick, the device is recognized and flashable by both Mi Flash Tool and QILF...etc. But here comes the new problem, the device is successfully flashed, but won't turn on. I tried several stock ROM, some of them make the white LED blinking, some of them not but they both have the same thing is that not able to turn on the device. Then, if I unplug the device from the computer, then plugin again, sometimes it turn back to 900E, sometimes it's just recognized as Unknown USB device ( Device Descriptor Request Failed ).
I can say that I downloaded and try almost every official stock fastboot rom of A1 but still no luck.
So pls, if anyone have faced it and has solutions, kindly help to instruct me.

Thanks a lot!
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
01-04-2021, 10:54 AM
(31-03-2021, 12:40 PM)donVito07 ...

are you certain the device isn't Mi 5X? you could try the firmware for mi 5x and see what happens
donVito07
donVito07
donVito07
02-04-2021, 10:38 AM
(01-04-2021, 10:54 AM)X3non
(31-03-2021, 12:40 PM)donVito07 ...

are you certain the device isn't Mi 5X? you could try the firmware for mi 5x and see what happens

Hi bro,

In fact I'm not so sure if it's 5X or A1, I also wondered before. I tried flash 5X firm also, and the situation is still the same. Would u suggest which specific firm version I should flash for A1 or 5X since I read some articles said that sometimes only a specific rom version works!
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
03-04-2021, 12:32 AM
(02-04-2021, 10:38 AM)donVito07 Hi bro,

In fact I'm not so sure if it's 5X or A1, I also wondered before. I tried flash 5X firm also, and the situation is still the same. Would u suggest which specific firm version I should flash for A1 or 5X since I read some articles said that sometimes only a specific rom version works!

check this out https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopi...p=68543926
it might help you identify what you have
donVito07
donVito07
donVito07
03-04-2021, 01:49 AM
(03-04-2021, 12:32 AM)freshtyt

I'm about to post a quick update of situation. Yesterday, I read an article showing method to use Mi 5X with Oxygen Bootloader Firehose mbn file to unbrick devices have same situation as me. Therefore, I flashed Tiffany 7.8.1 but it still stuck at EDL, but then, I flash the folder they shared ( only 4 mbn files of 5X with Oxygen bootloader ) then the device start up. Even still stuck at Mi logo, but it started. Fastboot works but every commands will return with failed ( no link ). I'm trying to figure out whats next. If any information and instructions from you, it would be very useful for me at this moment.
Thanks in advance!
donVito07
donVito07
donVito07
03-04-2021, 08:10 AM

(03-04-2021, 12:32 AM)freshtyt

Now I'm able to access fastboot, but lots of commands can be executed
Attached Files
.png
SS1.png
Size: 51.43 KB / Downloads: 3
.png
SS2.png
Size: 51.43 KB / Downloads: 3
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next