Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Android boots only twrp instead of system
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Android boots only twrp instead of system

Android boots only twrp instead of system

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
fest ayomide
fest ayomide
fest ayomide
Techie Member
26-01-2021, 09:35 PM

I need help please. I was trying to format my tecno w2 data from ext4 to f2fs (the phone is rooted and also I preserved dm verity while installing magisk) but during the process twrp was unable to mount data as f2fs, so mistakenly i rebooted to system and during the boot process, I was told to input my phone password (though I didn't use password) so I added my name. And what i saw next was encryption was unsuccessful and I have to factory reset and after that I was told to reboot back to system, but I was unable to because it took me back to twrp and since then it has been bringing back to twrp whenever I try to boot to system. I have tried flashing the system and reinstalling dotos rom, but I was still unable to reboot to system. I also tried dd....misc but it didn't work. I am on twrp version 3.2.1 0. Please I need to get back to my system. Thanks in advance
siamese007
siamese007
siamese007
Experienced Member
27-01-2021, 06:56 AM
(26-01-2021, 09:35 PM)fest ayomide I need help please. I was trying to format my tecno w2 data from ext4 to f2fs (the phone is rooted and also I preserved dm verity while installing magisk) but during the process twrp was unable to mount data as f2fs, so mistakenly i rebooted to system and during the boot process, I was told to input my phone password (though I didn't use password) so I added my name. And what i saw next was encryption was unsuccessful and I have to factory reset and after that I was told to reboot back to system, but I was unable to because it took me back to twrp and since then it has been bringing back to twrp whenever I try to boot to system. I have tried flashing the system and reinstalling dotos rom, but I was still unable to reboot to system. I also tried dd....misc but it didn't work. I am on twrp version 3.2.1 0. Please I need to get back to my system. Thanks in advance

Hello friend,
You can try flash boot.img with SP flash tool by checking only /boot partition in the tool. And try booting to system.
If not, you need to flash your phone with Stock ROM using SP flash tool by selecting Download or Format and Download.
One of the above methods should help resurrect your phone.
fest ayomide
fest ayomide
fest ayomide
Techie Member
27-01-2021, 09:30 AM
Okay I will try boot.img. but can I try any boot.IMG from another build number?
siamese007
siamese007
siamese007
Experienced Member
27-01-2021, 10:13 AM
(27-01-2021, 09:30 AM)fest ayomide Okay I will try boot.img. but can I try any boot.IMG from another build number?

Usually when I encountered this I would use stock boot.img. But you can try other boot.img from other Custom ROMs to see if it works.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
27-01-2021, 01:42 PM

(26-01-2021, 09:35 PM)fest ayomide I need help please. I was trying to format my tecno w2 data from ext4 to f2fs (the phone is rooted and also I preserved dm verity while installing magisk) but during the process twrp was unable to mount data as f2fs, so mistakenly i rebooted to system and during the boot process, I was told to input my phone password (though I didn't use password) so I added my name. And what i saw next was encryption was unsuccessful and I have to factory reset and after that I was told to reboot back to system, but I was unable to because it took me back to twrp and since then it has been bringing back to twrp whenever I try to boot to system. I have tried flashing the system and reinstalling dotos rom, but I was still unable to reboot to system. I also tried dd....misc but it didn't work. I am on twrp version 3.2.1 0. Please I need to get back to my system. Thanks in advance

seeing as you flashed system, you should do a factory reset as well

(27-01-2021, 09:30 AM)fest ayomide Okay I will try boot.img. but can I try any boot.IMG from another build number?

if you must flash boot then it must be flashed along with system from same build number
and i hope you have a backup of your firmware because W2 is known to have several variants with incompatible firmware files
fest ayomide
fest ayomide
fest ayomide
Techie Member
27-01-2021, 02:52 PM
(27-01-2021, 01:42 PM)X3non

if you must flash boot then it must be flashed along with system from same build number
and i hope you have a backup of your firmware because W2 is known to have several variants with incompatible firmware files

Okay. I will download the firmware today
fest ayomide
fest ayomide
fest ayomide
Techie Member
27-01-2021, 03:17 PM
(27-01-2021, 01:42 PM)X3non

But i think I am stuck now cuz I can't check my build number. When I used twrp it only showed my dotos version. I there still anything i can do?
fest ayomide
fest ayomide
fest ayomide
Techie Member
27-01-2021, 09:51 PM
Ok thanks guys, I was able to successfully flash the firmware - preloader(scared if I was flashing the wrong build number). Thanks to you guys
siamese007
siamese007
siamese007
Experienced Member
28-01-2021, 02:02 AM
(27-01-2021, 09:51 PM)fest ayomide Ok thanks guys, I was able to successfully flash the firmware - preloader(scared if I was flashing the wrong build number). Thanks to you guys

Hello there, Glad to hear that. What did you do to solve it?
fest ayomide
fest ayomide
fest ayomide
Techie Member
28-01-2021, 08:47 AM

I flashed the full stock rom.I want to reinstall dotos now but everytime I install gapps it reduces my internal memory
Is there anything I can do solve this ****?
Pages (2): 1 2 Next