Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android TWRP auto porter V1.7 failed in need of twrp for tecno kc8
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

TWRP auto porter V1.7 failed in need of twrp for tecno kc8

TWRP auto porter V1.7 failed in need of twrp for tecno kc8

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
Chuchu Kim
Chuchu Kim
Chuchu Kim
19-10-2020, 07:15 PM

Hello!
I have a problem in porting twrp for my phone on this new version of 1.7.I have encountered a problem after porting twrp using twrp porter v1.7 that after flashing recovery and try to boot to recovery my phone boot normal or boots to bootloader.but when i reflash stock recovery i can boot to recovery via both key combinations and adb command.

My device bootloader is unlocked.

I use tecno spark 4 (kc8)
Stock android 9.0
Kernel 4.9.117+
Current rom Android Q GSI 10.
This post was last modified: 22-10-2020, 02:27 PM by Chuchu Kim.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
20-10-2020, 10:41 AM
(19-10-2020, 07:15 PM)Chuchu Kim Hello!
I have a problem in porting twrp for my phone on this new version of 1.7.I have encountered a problem after porting twrp using twrp porter v1.7 that after flashing recovery and try to boot to recovery my phone boot normal or boots to bootloader.but when i reflash stock recovery i can boot to recovery via both key combinations and adb command.

Stock android 9.0
Kernel 4.9.117+

is this device rooted? if yes, then rename the file recovery-from-boot.p file from within system partition then retry flashing the twrp recovery
Chuchu Kim
Chuchu Kim
Chuchu Kim
20-10-2020, 06:26 PM
(20-10-2020, 10:41 AM)X3non
(19-10-2020, 07:15 PM)Chuchu Kim
Hello!

Stock android 9.0
Kernel 4.9.117+

is this device rooted? if yes, then rename the file recovery-from-boot.p file from within system partition then retry flashing the twrp recovery

Yes it is rooted.But i have not understand you well as what should i rename and from what folder because i have look in the system partition i have not seen boot.p.

Sent from my TECNO KC8 using Hovatek Mobile
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
21-10-2020, 11:46 AM
(20-10-2020, 06:26 PM)Chuchu Kim Yes it is rooted.But i have not understand you well as what should i rename and from what folder because i have look in the system partition i have not seen boot.p.

it's recovery-from-boot.p NOT boot.p
ensure to check the / root directory as well
Chuchu Kim
Chuchu Kim
Chuchu Kim
21-10-2020, 12:22 PM

You mean i have to rename recovery to "recovery-from-boot.p" then copy it to system partition? Because their is no recovery-from-boot.p in system partition or in root folder.

Please instruct me well
This post was last modified: 21-10-2020, 12:26 PM by Chuchu Kim.
Chuchu Kim
Chuchu Kim
Chuchu Kim
21-10-2020, 12:26 PM
(21-10-2020, 11:46 AM)X3non
(20-10-2020, 06:26 PM)Chuchu Kim
Yes it is rooted.But i have not understand you well as what should i rename and from what folder because i have look in the system partition i have not seen boot.p.

it's recovery-from-boot.p NOT boot.p
ensure to check the / root directory as well

You mean i have to rename recovery to "recovery-from-boot.p" then copy it to system partition? Because their is no recovery-from-boot.p in system partition or in root folder.

Please instruct me well

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
21-10-2020, 04:55 PM
(21-10-2020, 12:26 PM)Chuchu Kim You mean i have to rename recovery to "recovery-from-boot.p" then copy it to system partition? Because their is no recovery-from-boot.p in system partition or in root folder.

Please instruct me well

just gone through this thread again and noticed you are using a custom rom which doesn't include the recovery-from-boot file
also your post @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-340...#pid202380 indicates you have twrp installed already
Chuchu Kim
Chuchu Kim
Chuchu Kim
21-10-2020, 05:23 PM
(21-10-2020, 04:55 PM)X3non
(21-10-2020, 12:26 PM)Chuchu Kim

Please instruct me well

just gone through this thread again and noticed you are using a custom rom which doesn't include the recovery-from-boot file
also your post @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-340...#pid202380 indicates you have twrp installed already

Yes i installed twrp before and ported it using twro auto porter v1.6 but then changed back to stock firmware in order to update my vendor and get new google patches and used the stock rom for a while then i tried to flash the twrp after all uodates but it keep failing to boot to twrp later returned back to flash treble gsi rom and tried also to install twrp with no luck. (Which is now)

If i return to stock rom i will find that recovery-from-boot.p file in system partition?

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
22-10-2020, 09:17 AM
(21-10-2020, 05:23 PM)Chuchu Kim Yes i installed twrp before and ported it using twro auto porter v1.6 but then changed back to stock firmware in order to update my vendor and get new google patches and used the stock rom for a while then i tried to flash the twrp after all uodates but it keep failing to boot to twrp later returned back to flash treble gsi rom and tried also to install twrp with no luck. (Which is now)

which stock recovery are you using to attempt porting twrp now? recovery from the current build number or recovery from the old build number?
ensure to use stock recovery from the current build number of the device

(21-10-2020, 05:23 PM)Chuchu Kim If i return to stock rom i will find that recovery-from-boot.p file in system partition?

you no longer need to worry about this file seeing as it doesn't exist within GSI roms
Chuchu Kim
Chuchu Kim
Chuchu Kim
22-10-2020, 01:52 PM

which stock recovery are you using to attempt porting twrp now? recovery from the current build number or recovery from the old build number?
ensure to use stock recovery from the current build number of the device
?&#13

Hello!
Am using recovery from old build number because after i updated my stock firmware and backed up the full firmware recovery.img partition was missing from extracted backup firmware.so i used the old recovery from old build nunber to port twrp.
This post was last modified: 22-10-2020, 02:17 PM by Chuchu Kim.
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next