Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Tecno Camon 15 Soft Brick
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Tecno Camon 15 Soft Brick

Tecno Camon 15 Soft Brick

CyberSinister
CyberSinister
CyberSinister
Enthusiastic Member
13-10-2020, 06:13 PM

Hey!

(Please read the TLDR first which leads straight to the point if that makes things faster. Thanks.)

My issue is something similar to this one right here: https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-34488-page-3.html
but I'll start from the beginning.

Yesterday night, I tried to root my fully working Tecno Camon 15. I unlocked bootloader, restarted the phone to verify it and then took it back to fastboot where I first flashed an empty vbmeta file and then flash a magisk-patched boot img but that's where I messed up. I forgot to disable verity which resulted in an "Orange State" bootloop (My phone kept rebooting after that message which tells you that the phone is unlocked and can't be trusted).

I looked for around 7 hours online and finally found Hovatek. I followed this post and downloaded both the roms, extracted them in a folder etc. after which I went into the SPF tool and selected the right DA and Auth files (Both of them by X3non on Hovatek). The very first ROM I tried was the (CD7-H6214AB-Q-200102V359) one which resulted in (STATUS_SEC_IMG_TYPE_MISMATCH) by SPF and the "SoftwareDownload_V4.XX" both. I then tried the other ROM too on both tools which too failed.

I understand that I should've just flashed the boot.img and get it over with but I didn't know better and used the Firmware Upgrade option on both tools which failed. Then I tried my luck with the download only option which too failed on both tools.

TL;DR:
- As of right now both SPF and "SoftwareDownload_V4.XX" return STATUS_SEC_IMG_TYPE_MISMATCH on both the ROMS.
- I should tell you that I didn't check the build number before flashing (My second f up) nor can I find it anywhere on or inside the phone box.
- This is a quote from the thread I linked at the very top: "Whenever I select boot, preloader, recovery separately, they flash successfully, but partitions like tkv-verifieddtbo-verified, [i]vbmeta_system-verified, [i]vbmeta_vendor-verified, [i]super-verified gives me  mismatch error.[/i][/i][/i]"

Please help. I too broke to afford a new phone. I just bought this one like 2 months ago.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
13-10-2020, 07:00 PM
(13-10-2020, 06:13 PM)CyberSinister Hey!

(Please read the TLDR first which leads straight to the point if that makes things faster. Thanks.)

My issue is something similar to this one right here: https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-34488-page-3.html
but I'll start from the beginning.

Yesterday night, I tried to root my fully working Tecno Camon 15. I unlocked bootloader, restarted the phone to verify it and then took it back to fastboot where I first flashed an empty vbmeta file and then flash a magisk-patched boot img but that's where I messed up. I forgot to disable verity which resulted in an "Orange State" bootloop (My phone kept rebooting after that message which tells you that the phone is unlocked and can't be trusted).

I looked for around 7 hours online and finally found Hovatek. I followed this post and downloaded both the roms, extracted them in a folder etc. after which I went into the SPF tool and selected the right DA and Auth files (Both of them by X3non on Hovatek). The very first ROM I tried was the (CD7-H6214AB-Q-200102V359) one which resulted in (STATUS_SEC_IMG_TYPE_MISMATCH) by SPF and the "SoftwareDownload_V4.XX" both. I then tried the other ROM too on both tools which too failed.

I understand that I should've just flashed the boot.img and get it over with but I didn't know better and used the Firmware Upgrade option on both tools which failed. Then I tried my luck with the download only option which too failed on both tools.

TL;DR:
- As of right now both SPF and "SoftwareDownload_V4.XX" return STATUS_SEC_IMG_TYPE_MISMATCH on both the ROMS.
- I should tell you that I didn't check the build number before flashing (My second f up) nor can I find it anywhere on or inside the phone box.
- This is a quote from the thread I linked at the very top: "Whenever I select boot, preloader, recovery separately, they flash successfully, but partitions like tkv-verifieddtbo-verified, [i]vbmeta_system-verified, [i]vbmeta_vendor-verified, [i]super-verified gives me  mismatch error.[/i][/i][/i]"

Please help. I too broke to afford a new phone. I just bought this one like 2 months ago.

Attach the screenshots of errors you encounter on both spft & swd tool.
See https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16005.html for how to get the phone’s build. *try recovery method
Also you can try checking the build no. on leaflets inside the phone’s box.
CyberSinister
CyberSinister
CyberSinister
Enthusiastic Member
13-10-2020, 07:41 PM
Hey! Thank you so much for the swift reply.

I've checked everywhere on in the box but didn't find anything resembling close to the build number. All I have is the IMEI number but I doubt that'll be helpful. I did however check the link you mentioned and I can't perform any of those.

The phone is a full black screen that just keeps restarting.(There's no more Tecno logo after I tried the firmware upgrade) How do I know it keeps restarting? I see the screen just barely light up (you can tell if you look closely) but it goes off after a second.

P.S. I couldn't find a way to upload the pics here so I uploaded them to imgur: https://imgur.com/a/7UFwzrp

EDIT:
How many firmwares could there possibly be for the Tecno Camon 15?
Also, if possible, is there a way to flash a recovery and boot into it?
This post was last modified: 13-10-2020, 07:42 PM by CyberSinister.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
14-10-2020, 11:09 AM
(13-10-2020, 07:41 PM)CyberSinister ...

for the error you encountered, i.e STATUS_SEC_IMG_TYPE_MISMATCH
you'll need to flash the device using latest cm2 mtk module @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21827.html
look for someone who has cm2 dongle around your current location
CyberSinister
CyberSinister
CyberSinister
Enthusiastic Member
14-10-2020, 01:23 PM

(14-10-2020, 11:09 AM)X3non
(13-10-2020, 07:41 PM)CyberSinister

for the error you encountered, i.e STATUS_SEC_IMG_TYPE_MISMATCH
you'll need to flash the device using latest cm2 mtk module @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21827.html
look for someone who has cm2 dongle around your current location

God bless you X3non. Thank you for your reply. I just have 2 questions:

I don't know anyone who has a CM2MTK Dongle. Is there any other way? Some other program?

And when flashing, which firmware should I use? Should I try both of them?

EDIT: I checked everywhere from online stores in my country to local phone repairing markets, no one has it.

EDIT v2.0: I looked a bit further and realized that the dongle costs almost as much as my phone on some of the VERY few sites selling it.
This post was last modified: 14-10-2020, 04:36 PM by CyberSinister.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
15-10-2020, 11:16 AM
(14-10-2020, 01:23 PM)CyberSinister I don't know anyone who has a CM2MTK Dongle. Is there any other way? Some other program?

none that i'm aware of

(14-10-2020, 01:23 PM)CyberSinister And when flashing, which firmware should I use? Should I try both of them?

you'll need the build number of your device to know which firmware you should flash, if not then you'll have to try both
right now, there's no way of getting the previous build number not unless you remember the build, seeing as you've already tampered with recovery partition

(14-10-2020, 01:23 PM)CyberSinister EDIT: I checked everywhere from online stores in my country to local phone repairing markets, no one has it.
EDIT v2.0: I looked a bit further and realized that the dongle costs almost as much as my phone on some of the VERY few sites selling it.

you'll need to keep looking out for one who has the dongle
that's the reason buying was not suggested. unless you own a repair store, then buying a dongle to fix one device doesn't make any sense
CyberSinister
CyberSinister
CyberSinister
Enthusiastic Member
15-10-2020, 02:41 PM
(15-10-2020, 11:16 AM)X3non
(14-10-2020, 01:23 PM)CyberSinister
I don't know anyone who has a CM2MTK Dongle. Is there any other way? Some other program?

none that i'm aware of

And when flashing, which firmware should I use? Should I try both of them?

you'll need the build number of your device to know which firmware you should flash, if not then you'll have to try both
right now, there's no way of getting the previous build number not unless you remember the build, seeing as you've already tampered with recovery partition

EDIT: I checked everywhere from online stores in my country to local phone repairing markets, no one has it.
EDIT v2.0: I looked a bit further and realized that the dongle costs almost  as much as my phone on some of the VERY few sites selling it.

you'll need to keep looking out for one who has the dongle
that's the reason buying was not suggested. unless you own a repair store, then buying a dongle to fix one device doesn't make any sense

I understand. Thank you for your sincerity and all the help you've provided me with so far. I really appreciate the time and effort you guys have put into helping me.

I'll just look around a bit more and find a repair shop that does have it.

May you have a wonderful day.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Hovatek Mobile