Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android How to check VCOM drivers
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

How to check VCOM drivers

How to check VCOM drivers

Jane1
Jane1
Jane1
09-09-2020, 08:33 PM

How to check that VCOM drivers are installed properly? I can use various phones but recently when I used a phone ( MEIZU PRO 7) with Mediatek MT6757 it makes problem..
A port is found but in a moment disconnects so that the phone is not detected properly.
Thank you for help
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
10-09-2020, 01:51 PM
(09-09-2020, 08:33 PM)Jane1 How to check that VCOM drivers are installed properly? I can use various phones but recently when I used a phone ( MEIZU PRO 7) with Mediatek MT6757 it makes problem..
A port is found but in a moment disconnects so that the phone is not detected properly.
Thank you for help

if you are able to connect to other mtk devices then it's less likely to be driver related
what exactly is wrong with this particular phone and how did the problem begin?
also what are you trying to achieve on the phone? flash firmware?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-09-2020, 03:35 PM
(09-09-2020, 08:33 PM)Jane1 How to check that VCOM drivers are installed properly? I can use various phones but recently when I used a phone ( MEIZU PRO 7) with Mediatek MT6757 it makes problem..
Thank you for help

1. Which tool(s) and versions are you using
2. What task are you trying to perform
3. Confirm that other Mediatek phones get detected fine except this Meizu

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Jane1
Jane1
Jane1
11-09-2020, 09:14 PM
Thank you for replies.
The Meizu is locked with a user code. I wanted to use a function IDENTIFY in Infinity box and if successful, I am going to flash or similar to remove the lock.( (Recovery mode is also locked on the phone)
Other MTK phones works but I am not sure if I used ( recently) any MTK phone with Mediatek MT6757.
Anone has an idea about a solution? Thanks
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-09-2020, 02:36 PM

(11-09-2020, 09:14 PM)Jane1 Thank you for replies.
The Meizu is locked with a user code. I wanted to use a function IDENTIFY in Infinity box and if successful, I am going to flash or similar to remove the lock.( (Recovery mode is also locked on the phone)
Other MTK phones works but I am not sure if I used ( recently) any MTK phone with Mediatek MT6757.
Anone has an idea about a solution? Thanks

when you run the identify operation in cm2, what error do you get? attach a screenshot
are you holding any buttons on the phone before you connect it to the pc?
do you have the DA file for this model? i assume it has secure boot