Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Custom ROM] Android 8.1 Oreo Bluetooth Device Name
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Custom ROM] Android 8.1 Oreo Bluetooth Device Name

[Custom ROM] Android 8.1 Oreo Bluetooth Device Name

mantisman101
mantisman101
mantisman101
08-09-2020, 11:42 PM

I was hoping someone with a bit more experience can help me. I have an MediaTek device and I am changing some things in the firmware. The system is Android 8.1 Oreo

I have changed all but 2 things to my liking, which is the Bluetooth Device Name and WiFi Hotspot name.

Normally when you change the device name in the build.prop, the device name is changed everywhere.

So in build.prop I have changed these lines:

ro.product.model=MyDevice
ro.product.brand=MyDevice
ro.product.name=MyDevice
ro.product.device=MyDevice
ro.product.board=MyDevice

Additionally I have added :

net.bt.name=MyDevice

However once I flash the firmware and go to the Bluetooth and Wifi Hotspot Settings, it does not show 'MyDevice' it instead shows the default manufacturer name. Of course I can change the name from the settings here, however if I factory reset the phone, it will go back to the default name.

So this Android firmware is drawing the device name from somewhere else and I just don't know where to look. Can anyone help me to point me in right direction of a way to achieve what I want?

Any advice greatly appreciated.
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
11-09-2020, 12:22 PM
(08-09-2020, 11:42 PM)mantisman101 I was hoping someone with a bit more experience can help me. I have an MediaTek device and I am changing some things in the firmware. The system is Android 8.1 Oreo

I have changed all but 2 things to my liking, which is the Bluetooth Device Name and WiFi Hotspot name.

Normally when you change the device name in the build.prop, the device name is changed everywhere.

So in build.prop I have changed these lines:

ro.product.model=MyDevice
ro.product.brand=MyDevice
ro.product.name=MyDevice
ro.product.device=MyDevice
ro.product.board=MyDevice

Additionally I have added :

net.bt.name=MyDevice

However once I flash the firmware and go to the Bluetooth and Wifi Hotspot Settings, it does not show 'MyDevice' it instead shows the default manufacturer name. Of course I can change the name from the settings here, however if I factory reset the phone, it will go back to the default name.

So this Android firmware is drawing the device name from somewhere else and I just don't know where to look. Can anyone help me to point me in right direction of a way to achieve what I want?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Have you checked bluetooth.default.so (edit with Hex Editor) likely found at vendor/lib/hw
This post was last modified: 11-09-2020, 12:26 PM by maxpayne.
mantisman101
mantisman101
mantisman101
07-01-2021, 01:32 PM
Have you checked bluetooth.default.so (edit with Hex Editor) likely found at vendor/lib/hw
[/quote]

Yes thank you so much! This solved my issue.