Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android How to unbrick Infinix Hot7 MT6850 after failed flash
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

How to unbrick Infinix Hot7 MT6850 after failed flash

How to unbrick Infinix Hot7 MT6850 after failed flash

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Akwo Tom
Akwo Tom
Akwo Tom
Enthusiastic Member
31-03-2020, 07:26 PM

I have an Infinix HOT7 MT6850.
I was flashing a firmware into it (probably the right firmware, the phone did not reject it), and after a successful flash I rebooted the device, and ever since, it failed to power on. Then whenever I try to flash it again, I get the error "S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM FAILED"
I'm really confused because, if the firmware was not meant for the phone it would have rejected it. But then the same firmware no longer works. And plus the phone no longer charges. I really don't know what to do.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
31-03-2020, 11:41 PM
(31-03-2020, 07:26 PM)Akwo Tom I have an Infinix HOT7 MT6850.
I was flashing a firmware into it (probably the right firmware, the phone did not reject it), and after a successful flash I rebooted the device, and ever since, it failed to power on. Then whenever I try to flash it again, I get the error "S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM FAILED"
I'm really confused because, if the firmware was not meant for the phone it would have rejected it. But then the same firmware no longer works. And plus the phone no longer charges. I really don't know what to do.

"if the firmware was not meant for the phone it would have rejected it."
that is not enough reason, not all phones reject a firmware more especially if the firmware you're flashing is for your device model but not for your phone's exact build no.

Did you take note of the phone's build no? before flashing it?
Try disconnecting/reconnecting the phone's battery then plug to a charger for few hours before powering it up or flashing another firmware.
This post was last modified: 31-03-2020, 11:57 PM by xerxes.
Akwo Tom
Akwo Tom
Akwo Tom
Enthusiastic Member
02-04-2020, 08:13 AM
(31-03-2020, 11:41 PM)innagee "if the firmware was not meant for the phone it would have rejected it."
that is not enough reason, not all phones reject a firmware more especially if the firmware you're flashing is for your device model but not for your phone's exact build no.

Did you take note of the phone's build no? before flashing it?
Try disconnecting/reconnecting the phone's battery then plug to a charger for few hours before powering it up or flashing another firmware.
Please can I get a software or site where I can plug in the phone's IMEI and get an exact build number, because right now, the phone cannot even power on Sad .
This post was last modified: 02-04-2020, 08:18 AM by Akwo Tom.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
02-04-2020, 11:04 AM
(02-04-2020, 08:13 AM)Akwo Tom Please can I get a software or site where I can plug in the phone's IMEI and get an exact build number, because right now, the phone cannot even power on Sad .

No such thing exists and seeing as you've already flashed a firmware, there's no retrieving your build number now (it's too late for that unless you somehow manage to remember it)
have you tried disconnecting/reconnecting the phone's battery then plug to a charger for few hours before powering it up or flashing another firmware
what's the build number of the firmware you flashed successfully?
Akwo Tom
Akwo Tom
Akwo Tom
Enthusiastic Member
02-04-2020, 06:24 PM

No such thing exists and seeing as you've already flashed a firmware, there's no retrieving your build number now (it's too late for that unless you somehow manage to remember it)
have you tried disconnecting/reconnecting the phone's battery then plug to a charger for few hours before powering it up or flashing another firmware
what's the build number of the firmware you flashed successfully?

Please I'm really a complete newbie to flashing. So pardon me when I give 'funny' answers.
Actually, I don't know where to check the build number cuz what I have is just a folder with firmware files (like preloader, recovery etc). But maybe this might be it "X624B_MT6580_H8026IJK_V219_190417"
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
03-04-2020, 11:35 AM
(02-04-2020, 06:24 PM)Akwo Tom Please I'm really a complete newbie to flashing. So pardon me when I give 'funny' answers.
Actually, I don't know where to check the build number cuz what I have is just a folder with firmware files (like preloader, recovery etc). But maybe this might be it "X624B_MT6580_H8026IJK_V219_190417"

X624B-H8026IJK-O-190417V219 -- that's the build number of the firmware you flashed
have you tried disconnecting / reconnecting the battery of the device yet?
Akwo Tom
Akwo Tom
Akwo Tom
Enthusiastic Member
06-04-2020, 05:18 PM
X624B-H8026IJK-O-190417V219 -- that's the build number of the firmware you flashed
Yes sir. Please help, I feel scared because its not my phone. And the phone is quite expensive.
What can I do, the error S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAILED  still persists
Akwo Tom
Akwo Tom
Akwo Tom
Enthusiastic Member
06-04-2020, 05:23 PM
Please also help me on this...
I was guessing, there might be a finite list of build numbers. So then, if I buy sufficient internet (maybe 20GB), I can download and test all firmwares. If that exists please help me on how to get it. If not, then...
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
07-04-2020, 03:06 PM
(06-04-2020, 05:18 PM)Akwo Tom X624B-H8026IJK-O-190417V219 -- that's the build number of the firmware you flashed
Yes sir. Please help, I feel scared because its not my phone. And the phone is quite expensive.
What can I do, the error S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAILED  still persists

attach a picture showing the particular clip you disconnected / reconnected for the battery
another thing, do you remember the ram size of the phone?
if you've really disconnect / reconnected the battery and the device is still dead even while on charge, then try a different firmware @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-27034.html ; since you don't recall the build number you're going to do trial and error
Akwo Tom
Akwo Tom
Akwo Tom
Enthusiastic Member
07-04-2020, 04:52 PM

Thanks a lot.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next