Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Logo bootloop
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Logo bootloop

Logo bootloop

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Siolu
Siolu
Siolu
31-03-2020, 06:49 AM

Hi, i am happy that hovatek people are auto porting custom recoveries.
But i have some errors.
My phone is Micromax Canvas Q4310 Nougat Mediatek MT6737
My phone is rooted with magisk and patched root boot image.
I used all your recoveries, first, the non-gui recoveries do not export to output folder, there is nothing there after following all steps too.
My PC is Windows 10 HOME.
Second, the Gui porters exports fine but when i go to flash it with sp flash tool, it shows error about image_name something.
and if i use fastboot then my phone stucks at logo showing orange state, sometimes red state. it never goes to  recovery just gets stuck there. 
Then i need to completely format the rom with sp flash tool and then put 30 minutes of work in unlocking boot loader and restoring user data through stock recovery.
My only request please see if the problem is my boot image or does it not work.
Siolu
Siolu
Siolu
31-03-2020, 07:07 AM
Philz auto recovery Gui version shows sadly, custom recovery cannot be ported.
Please see it.
Also other twrp porters show that i have dm_verity but philz does not.
i am putting my recovery image here.
Please see it. Micromax Canvas Q4310 Nougat MT6737
Also, my boot image is patched with magisk.

Boot=https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AQ7Y8wqQ2DmXP46S4k9Cm_eV6yLke8Q-
Recovery=https://drive.google.com/open?id=1n9eb9QJxeclbbwtFrZGLgFuHj1s1tDwN
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
31-03-2020, 10:25 AM
(31-03-2020, 06:49 AM)Siolu Hi, i am happy that hovatek people are auto porting custom recoveries.
Second, the Gui porters exports fine but when i go to flash it with sp flash tool, it shows error about image_name something.
and if i use fastboot then my phone stucks at logo showing orange state, sometimes red state. it never goes to  recovery just gets stuck there...

confirm this, after unlocking bootloader and rooting using magisk i.e without flashing twrp, does the phone go into orange or red state?

(31-03-2020, 06:49 AM)Siolu ...Then i need to completely format the rom with sp flash tool and then put 30 minutes of work in unlocking boot loader and restoring user data through stock recovery.
My only request please see if the problem is my boot image or does it not work.

i don't think this is neccessary, flashing the stock image of the partition that triggered the red state error should fix this
Siolu
Siolu
Siolu
31-03-2020, 04:59 PM
[quote pid='189350' dateline='1585646717']
It goes to orange state, i get root and stock recovery works.
As long as i do not flash the ported twrp recovery, it stays same.
As soon as i do, it shows red state and recovery does not work but boots back to home screen
[/quote]
Siolu
Siolu
Siolu
31-03-2020, 05:02 PM

[quote pid='189350' dateline='1585646717']
also sp flash tool and fastboot ignore any commands as the device does not allow flashing or downloading.
i backed up my user data with stock recovery so i am fine right now but i still need to waste 30 minutes doing the procedure.
If i had philz or twrp, i would have have got nandroid backup.
thats why please help.
[/quote]
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
01-04-2020, 11:47 AM
(31-03-2020, 04:59 PM)Siolu It goes to orange state, i get root and stock recovery works.
As long as i do not flash the ported twrp recovery, it stays same.
As soon as i do, it shows red state and recovery does not work but boots back to home screen

when you patched boot to root, did you untick the checkbox "Preserve AVB 2.0/dm-verity" ?
lastly confirm again, is your device is still able to boot to homescreen after a red state error (not orange state)?

(31-03-2020, 05:02 PM)Siolu also sp flash tool and fastboot ignore any commands as the device does not allow flashing or downloading.
i backed up my user data with stock recovery so i am fine right now but i still need to waste 30 minutes doing the procedure.
If i had philz or twrp, i would have have got nandroid backup.
thats why please help.

same way you flash the full rom using sp flash tool, you can use that to flash only stock recovery rather than the entire firmware
another approach will be to backup userdata using sp flash tool or miracle box (this way you can restore after you're done carrying out all these tests rather than before the test)
OR don't restore userdata backup until you're done testing and you get everything you need, then you do a one time flash stock rom, restore userdata backup then root and flash the twrp
Siolu
Siolu
Siolu
01-04-2020, 04:36 PM
after red state, sp flash tool does not allow downloading.
only way is to format all+download
and yes, i backed up my userdata by stock recovery and use it to restore it.
also after going to red state, my phone boots to home screen.
i really want to have twrp.
please help.
Siolu
Siolu
Siolu
01-04-2020, 04:38 PM
yes, i unchecked the preserved option.

also your philz porter saya dm-verity isn`t there.
but your twrp porter says its there.
what is the bug?
please help.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
02-04-2020, 11:45 AM
(01-04-2020, 04:36 PM)Siolu after red state, sp flash tool does not allow downloading.
only way is to format all+download
and yes, i backed up my userdata by stock recovery and use it to restore it.
also after going to red state, my phone boots to home screen.
i really want to have twrp.
please help.

try the twrp @ https://mega.nz/file/6KQAAQSC#zkYkBhLT44...0N5JROHhQw

(01-04-2020, 04:38 PM)Siolu yes, i unchecked the preserved option.

also your philz porter saya dm-verity isn`t there.
but your twrp porter says its there.
what is the bug?
please help.

none, at least not from any of the tools. i noticed that your recovery.img is actually signed i.e recovery-sign.img
the philz tool was never made to work with -sign images unlike the latter versions of twrp tool. if you were to use the philz tool then you should unsign the image first ; see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-26890.html , then you can port using the unsigned image
Siolu
Siolu
Siolu
05-04-2020, 05:06 PM

[quote pid='189466' dateline='1585824325']
i flashed your twrp file with flashify.
now, my phone is stuck at teamwin logo, it shows the logo then loads a blank screen then again shows logo of teamwin.
its in a loop.
i do not know, i flashed it to recovery but when i boot my phone teamwin appears and loops like above no matter what i do.
i have not backed up my user data so i am at a loss.
please help me, you can either give me another recovery image or please advice me.
i used to back up user data through stock.
waiting for reply please.
[/quote]
Pages (2): 1 2 Next