Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Heya sdm855 major issue on LG g8
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Heya sdm855 major issue on LG g8

Heya sdm855 major issue on LG g8

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Etan
Etan
Etan
Enthusiastic Member
24-03-2020, 08:27 PM

So long story short. My had the bootloader locked so I can't do anything I am used to doing. Also I am new to the way LG handles files partitions etc. But my phone the sm g820tm got IMEI of null. So I was going to do the qcn imei fix. Things got wonky and now I can't get the wifi to work or the data. I have used LG up to flash forward and backwards to the oldest and newest firmwares but nothing will resolve the issues. I think the efs is broken or the modem partition. Modemsta and such. What can I do to resolve this issue please help.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
25-03-2020, 10:13 AM
(24-03-2020, 08:27 PM)Etan So long story short. My had the bootloader locked so I can't do anything I am used to doing. Also I am new to the way LG handles files partitions etc. But my phone the sm g820tm got IMEI of null. So I was going to do the qcn imei fix. Things got wonky and now I can't get the wifi to work or the data. I have used LG up to flash forward and backwards to the oldest and newest firmwares but nothing will resolve the issues. I think the efs is broken or the modem partition. Modemsta and such. What can I do to resolve this issue please help.

is the baseband unknown? settings > about phone > baseband
Etan
Etan
Etan
Enthusiastic Member
27-03-2020, 12:02 PM
Yes the wifi won't connect Bluetooth does not data connection and won't recognize the sim. To me it seems like some efs issue but I've restored to older is the pie it came with and back to Android 10 and still nothing helps. I can't get a new IMEI to stick with qpst or qfil. I am at my wit's end. I've exhausted every possibility I can imagine. I can't unlock the bootloader so root isn't an option.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
27-03-2020, 04:22 PM
(27-03-2020, 12:02 PM)Etan Yes the wifi won't connect Bluetooth does not data connection and won't recognize the sim. To me it seems like some efs issue but I've restored to older is the pie it came with and back to Android 10 and still nothing helps. I can't get a new IMEI to stick with qpst or qfil. I am at my wit's end. I've exhausted every possibility I can imagine. I can't unlock the bootloader so root isn't an option.

you won't be able to write imei with no baseband. first, fix no baseband by flashing the right firmware for your device build or region as the case maybe
Etan
Etan
Etan
Enthusiastic Member
27-03-2020, 08:52 PM

(27-03-2020, 04:22 PM)X3non
(27-03-2020, 12:02 PM)Etan Yes the wifi won't connect Bluetooth does not data connection and won't recognize the sim. To me it seems like some efs issue but I've restored to older is the pie it came with and back to Android 10 and still nothing helps. I can't get a new IMEI to stick with qpst or qfil. I am at my wit's end. I've exhausted every possibility I can imagine. I can't unlock the bootloader so root isn't an option.

you won't be able to write imei with no baseband. first, fix no baseband by flashing the right firmware for your device build or region as the case maybe
Okay,that makes sense, I will try and flash all that I can lol. I don't know how to tell which kdz had the baseband. I just got software to pull the dz out and than decompile that I was looking to restore the partitions and we what was inside the kdz. Do you happen to know where to find the right firmwares that has mybasehand I am ointhe us and this is TMobile version. I've tried using lg up and LG bridge.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
28-03-2020, 11:27 AM
(27-03-2020, 08:52 PM)Etan Okay,that makes sense, I will try and flash all that I can lol. I don't know how to tell which kdz had the baseband. I just got software to pull the dz out and than decompile that I was looking to restore the partitions and we what was inside the kdz. Do you happen to know where to find the right firmwares that has mybasehand I am ointhe us and this is TMobile version. I've tried using lg up and LG bridge.

you can't check the previous build at this time esp seeing as you've already flashed the device
use the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-10763.html to ffind the firmware for your device
flash the kdz firmware using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-12985.html ; once successful, factory reset the phone in recovery mode and check if the baseband is fixed
Etan
Etan
Etan
Enthusiastic Member
28-03-2020, 12:06 PM
(28-03-2020, 11:27 AM)X3non
(27-03-2020, 08:52 PM)Etan Okay,that makes sense, I will try and flash all that I can lol. I don't know how to tell which kdz had the baseband. I just got software to pull the dz out and than decompile that I was looking to restore the partitions and we what was inside the kdz. Do you happen to know where to find the right firmwares that has mybasehand I am ointhe us and this is TMobile version. I've tried using lg up and LG bridge.

you can't check the previous build at this time esp seeing as you've already flashed the device
use the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-10763.html to ffind the firmware for your device
flash the kdz firmware using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-12985.html ; once successful, factory reset the phone in recovery mode and check if the baseband is fixed
So I cant get LG flash tool to not give a contact the admin error. But I did the same thing in lgup and still no baseband.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
28-03-2020, 09:09 PM
(28-03-2020, 12:06 PM)Etan So I cant get LG flash tool to not give a contact the admin error. But I did the same thing in lgup and still no baseband.

where you able to find the right firmware for your device using that guide? if yes, then
after flashing the firmware successfully, did the phone go through initial setup?
Etan
Etan
Etan
Enthusiastic Member
30-03-2020, 06:42 AM
Yes it we through the initial setup but wifi a d data still didn't work so I had to push skip a bunch. Than I reset again and still nothing.
Etan
Etan
Etan
Enthusiastic Member
30-03-2020, 09:58 AM

I think I may have to wait till the sdm8150 firehouse programmer for the 855lge is out. Cause the partitions seem to be wonky. As I have flashed every available kdz and still nothing. Unless the LG flash tools do something that the LG up can not cause I can't the the LG flash tool 2014 or 2016 to work
Pages (2): 1 2 Next