Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] TECNO J8 WON'T POWER ON BUT CHARGING ONLY
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] TECNO J8 WON'T POWER ON BUT CHARGING ONLY

[Please help] TECNO J8 WON'T POWER ON BUT CHARGING ONLY

james bwalya
james bwalya
james bwalya
Respected Member
22-01-2020, 08:41 AM

Hi,thanks for your continous help
My tecno boom j8 isn't powering on when I press power button but charges when connected to a charger until its full.The problem started when I tried to change the back camera with that of itel s31 for it was more clear than that of my phone.But after changing, I realized they were not the same as it was capturing upside down. So I removed it and put back the one that was there before. Now when I switched it on,it could not power on.So I thought the battery was flat, putting it to a charger it was 60% and it charged till 100% but won't power on. Please help, what should I do?
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
22-01-2020, 01:22 PM
(22-01-2020, 08:41 AM)james bwalya Hi,thanks for your continous help
My tecno boom j8 isn't powering on when I press power button but charges when connected to a charger until its full.The problem started when I tried to change the back camera with that of itel s31 for it was more clear than that of my phone.But after changing, I realized they were not the same as it was capturing upside down. So I removed it and put back the one that was there before. Now when I switched it on,it could not power on.So I thought the battery was flat, putting it to a charger it was 60% and it charged till 100% but won't power on. Please help, what should I do?

check your power button, solder firmly if necessary
james bwalya
james bwalya
james bwalya
Respected Member
22-01-2020, 04:49 PM
freshty check your power button, solder firmly if necessary
Thanks for your reply, I thought so too at first and I even changed that power button chip with the working one from a different phone of same model but all to no avail. The power button chip is the one with an adapter for pluging and not soldering.
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
23-01-2020, 10:44 AM
(22-01-2020, 04:49 PM)james bwalya Thanks for your reply, I thought so too at first and I even changed that power button chip with the working one from a different phone of same model but all to no avail. The power button chip is the one with an adapter for pluging and not soldering.

what about the one you removed from the dead phone? does it work properly on the second phone?
if it works on the other phone, then something on the board is faulty or not fitter properly
james bwalya
james bwalya
james bwalya
Respected Member
23-01-2020, 12:48 PM

freshty what about the one you removed from the dead phone? does it work properly on the second phone?
if it works on the other phone, then something on the board is faulty or not fitter properly
I didn't try the other way round.
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
24-01-2020, 03:56 PM
(23-01-2020, 12:48 PM)james bwalya I didn't try the other way round.

this would help tell which one is faulty