Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Fero Royale Y2 lite firmware needed
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Fero Royale Y2 lite firmware needed

[Please help] Fero Royale Y2 lite firmware needed

AUXINEAUX
AUXINEAUX
AUXINEAUX
13-07-2019, 01:44 AM

Greetings,
My phone started hanging when idle one day all of the sudden. I decided to do a factory reset after a few web searches but this made the problem even worse, the phone would completely hang and stop responding to any input after a minute and a half of being on. to make matters worse the phone would sometimes hang on the logo after hard restarting using the small button in a tiny hole at the top. this went on for a few weeks until the phone would just hang on the logo and no longer boot up, not even into the recovery.
I decided to do a ROM dump using the guide at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21970.html and when I tried to read the system.img file using the WwR MTK (2.51 version) tool in it's View Ext4_FS tab but I got the error as shown below

Starting position: 0xCB672000; Number of blocks: 0x1
Invalid directory index!
Invalid parent directory index!
Name length exceeds 256:

Passed from the beginning: 0x7D
Name remainder length: 0x7D24

This has lead me to conclude that my firmware became corrupt and therefore I require a proper copy of my phone's firmware so that I may flash it and revive my device. 

Device Specifications:
Fero Royale Y2 lite
Android Nougat 7.0
2GB RAM
16GB ROM
Chipset MT6580
Kernel 3.18.35+
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
13-07-2019, 11:17 AM
(13-07-2019, 01:44 AM)AUXINEAUX Greetings,
My phone started hanging when idle one day all of the sudden. I decided to do a factory reset after a few web searches but this made the problem even worse, the phone would completely hang and stop responding to any input after a minute and a half of being on. to make matters worse the phone would sometimes hang on the logo after hard restarting using the small button in a tiny hole at the top. this went on for a few weeks until the phone would just hang on the logo and no longer boot up, not even into the recovery.

it'll be listed at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-27744.html once it's available
can you get access to a working phone same model as your bricked phone?
AUXINEAUX
AUXINEAUX
AUXINEAUX
13-07-2019, 01:35 PM
(13-07-2019, 11:17 AM)X3non
(13-07-2019, 01:44 AM)AUXINEAUX Greetings,

it'll be listed at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-27744.html once it's available
can you get access to a working phone same model as your bricked phone?
Thanks for the feedback. No I have not been able to get access to one, that would certainly make my life easier.
This post was last modified: 13-07-2019, 01:38 PM by AUXINEAUX.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
13-07-2019, 10:10 PM
(13-07-2019, 01:35 PM)AUXINEAUX Thanks for the feedback. No I have not been able to get access to one, that would certainly make my life easier.

you'll need to look for one cause the firmware for this model doesn't seem to be available online at least not yet
if you do find one, you can backup the firmware then flash the backup onto your bricked phone