Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Infinix Hot 2 clone bricked!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Infinix Hot 2 clone bricked!

[Please help] Infinix Hot 2 clone bricked!

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
Benzalf
Benzalf
Benzalf
10-04-2018, 05:36 PM

Sup team. I was trying to root my sister's Infinix Hot 2 X510 yesterday. (I didn't know it was a clone.) So I took the easy way out: downloaded the TWRP img from this site, booted to fastboot mode; fastboot flash recovery recovery.img. (Bad move)
It flashed successfully. I reboot the phone and I'm greeted with Encryption Unsuccessful message! I try to accept the reset phone prompt, it gets stuck on the Infinix logo.
It won't boot to recovery mode either.
So I launch Miracle Box and in the SPD tab, no matter the boot key I press, whether volume down/up, it says 'open port error. Port is occupied'.
I thought it was a driver issue, so I connected an Mhorse One Mini and it gets detected alright. I don't know how I'll flash this phone if I download an available ROM as it's not showing in Miracle Box.
Any solutions, team?
Thanks.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
10-04-2018, 06:33 PM
(10-04-2018, 05:36 PM)Benzalf Sup team.  I was trying to root my sister's Infinix Hot 2 X510 yesterday. (I didn't know it was a clone.) So I took the easy way out: downloaded the TWRP img from this site, booted to fastboot mode; fastboot flash recovery recovery.img. (Bad move)
Any solutions, team?
Thanks.

what version of miracle box are you using and do you have the dongle?
use research download for flashing [preferably]
Benzalf
Benzalf
Benzalf
10-04-2018, 06:49 PM
(10-04-2018, 06:33 PM)X3non
(10-04-2018, 05:36 PM)Benzalf Sup team.  I was trying to root my sister's Infinix Hot 2 X510 yesterday. (I didn't know it was a clone.) So I took the easy way out: downloaded the TWRP img from this site, booted to fastboot mode; fastboot flash recovery recovery.img. (Bad move)
Any solutions, team?
Thanks.

what version of miracle box are you using and do you have the dongle?
use research download for flashing [preferably]

I'm using version 2.27A and no, I don't have the dongle.
I'm not trying to flash with the Miracle Box. I'm trying to see if it'll get detected by using the 'readinfo' option.
The M-Horse showed it's info when I tried but this fake phone charges instead. It's just as if I'm not pressing the boot key on the M-Horse.
Benzalf
Benzalf
Benzalf
11-04-2018, 07:04 AM
Update: Ok so I got it to show in Miracle Box. I made a Modified Android Magic Cable, or so they call it. And now it autoboots with Miracle Box and, also, it shows in the Research Download Tool.

Now I'm going to find a ROM. PLEASE CAN I GET A LINK TO ONE? AN SPD ROM...
The ones here are for the MTK variant.

THANKS.
This post was last modified: 11-04-2018, 07:07 AM by Benzalf.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-04-2018, 12:22 PM

(11-04-2018, 07:04 AM)Benzalf Update: Ok so I got it to show in Miracle Box. I made a Modified Android Magic Cable, or so they call it. And now it autoboots with Miracle Box and, also, it shows in the Research Download Tool.

THANKS.

Its been added at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-17001.html . Ensure to backup your current firmware before flashing.
BTW, could you explain how you made the 'Modified Android Magic Cable' with pictures. A brief tutorial on that would be nice

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Benzalf
Benzalf
Benzalf
13-04-2018, 01:45 AM
(11-04-2018, 12:22 PM)hovatek
(11-04-2018, 07:04 AM)Benzalf Update: Ok so I got it to show in Miracle Box. I made a Modified Android Magic Cable, or so they call it. And now it autoboots with Miracle Box and, also, it shows in the Research Download Tool.

THANKS.

Its been added at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-17001.html . Ensure to backup your current firmware before flashing.
BTW, could you explain how you made the 'Modified Android Magic Cable' with pictures. A brief tutorial on that would be nice
Sorry for the late reply.
I already flashed (before seeing this post) without backing up.
I downloaded the ROM from your given site but it seems the rar archive is corrupted, so I downloaded from another. Can I share the link or I wait for you to confirm first?
Thanks though

Sent from my TECNO M3 using Tapatalk
Benzalf
Benzalf
Benzalf
13-04-2018, 01:47 AM
(11-04-2018, 12:22 PM)hovatek Its been added at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-17001.html . Ensure to backup your current firmware before flashing.

Benzalf
Benzalf
Benzalf
13-04-2018, 02:06 AM
Now, about the Modified Android Magic Cable ....
Apparently, my sister just told me this evening that her volume buttons had not been working for some time now (yes, after I had gone through all the trouble; girls).
That's what the Magic Cable fixes.
It autoboots various devices for flashing. (MTK, SPD, Qualcomm etc) No need to press any button combo or whatsoever. Just click the 'Download' button and then plug it in.

The picture says it all. You open up any regular micro USB cable and join pin 5 (which is the GND pin attached to the black coloured cable) to the next pin 4 (which isn't attached to any cable) by simply soldering them together.

Got yourself a Modified Android Magic Cable.

Some USBs tend to be easier to modify, but if you're good enough you could mod any cable by cutting the insulation carefully to get access to the exposed pins.

Chao!
[Image: android-magic-cable.jpg]

This post was last modified: 08-02-2019, 10:05 AM by X3non.
Benzalf
Benzalf
Benzalf
13-04-2018, 02:14 AM
Magic Cable

[Image: android-magic-cable.jpg]

This post was last modified: 08-02-2019, 10:06 AM by X3non.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-04-2018, 11:24 AM

(13-04-2018, 01:45 AM)Benzalf Sorry for the late reply.
I already flashed (before seeing this post) without backing up.
I downloaded the ROM from your given site but it seems the rar archive is corrupted, so I downloaded from another. Can I share the link or I wait for you to confirm first?
Thanks though

Do share the link
This post was last modified: 13-04-2018, 11:25 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next