Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android How to install Google services on coolpad devices
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

How to install Google services on coolpad devices

How to install Google services on coolpad devices

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Taps
Taps
Taps
Enthusiastic Member
13-11-2017, 11:40 AM

Hi all, I have just taken delivery of a coolpad 8721, very nice device but it does not run google services therefore I cannot install the apps I want or customize it to my taste, and I cannot even download my back up and contacts from google back up, I ran into a thread that suggested I can install gapps, but I need tutorials on how to go about that please, I will appreciate your help.

Thanks
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
13-11-2017, 04:23 PM
(13-11-2017, 11:40 AM)Taps Hi all, I have just taken delivery of a coolpad 8721, very nice device but it does not run google services therefore I cannot install the apps I want or customize it to my taste, and I cannot even download my back up and contacts from google back up, I ran into a thread that suggested I can install gapps, but I need tutorials on how to go about that please, I will appreciate your help.

Thanks

You'll need to first flash a custom recovery then gapps.zip in the recovery
Do you have custom recovery installed on your device?
This post was last modified: 13-11-2017, 04:25 PM by xerxes.
Taps
Taps
Taps
Enthusiastic Member
13-11-2017, 04:25 PM
(13-11-2017, 04:23 PM)innagee
(13-11-2017, 11:40 AM)Taps Hi all, I have just taken delivery of a coolpad 8721, very nice device but it does not run google services therefore I cannot install the apps I want or customize it to my taste, and I cannot even download my back up and contacts from google back up, I ran into a thread that suggested I can install gapps, but I need tutorials on how to go about that please, I will appreciate your help.

Thanks

is your device rooted? 
do you have custom recovery installed on your device?

Yes my device is rooted and I do not have the custom recovery installed, please do let me know how to install and the steps to follow afterwards because I cannot even sign into my yahoo mail app from the device.

Thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-11-2017, 10:12 AM
(13-11-2017, 04:25 PM)Taps Yes my device is rooted and I do not have the custom recovery installed, please do let me know how to install and the steps to follow afterwards because I cannot even sign into my yahoo mail app from the device.

Thanks

Ok.
What's the device's chipset, build number and Android version.
Also, provide the stock recovery

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Taps
Taps
Taps
Enthusiastic Member
15-11-2017, 09:44 AM

(13-11-2017, 04:25 PM)Taps
(13-11-2017, 04:23 PM)innagee

Thanks

is your device rooted? 
do you have custom recovery installed on your device?

Yes my device is rooted and I do not have the custom recovery installed, please do let me know how to install and the steps to follow afterwards because I cannot even sign into my yahoo mail app from the device.

Thanks

thanks again am sorry this is coming late, the devices is running on 4.4.2, find attached the information you asked for I need this phone to function well please help with directions on how to get it to run properly.

Regards
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot_2017-11-15-09-42-01.png
Size: 126.72 KB / Downloads: 13
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
15-11-2017, 03:07 PM
(15-11-2017, 09:44 AM)Taps thanks again am sorry this is coming late, the devices is running on 4.4.2, find attached the information you asked for I need this phone to function well please help with directions on how to get it to run properly.

Regards

upload your stock recovery
use rashr apk from playstore to backup the stock recovery from your device
zip it and upload
Taps
Taps
Taps
Enthusiastic Member
15-11-2017, 03:38 PM
(15-11-2017, 03:07 PM)X3non
(15-11-2017, 09:44 AM)Taps thanks again am sorry this is coming late, the devices is running on 4.4.2, find attached the information you asked for I need this phone to function well please help with directions on how to get it to run properly.

Regards

upload your stock recovery
use rashr apk from playstore to backup the stock recovery from your device
zip it and upload
what you are saying is for me to back up my stock rom ? then upload to where, I have tried checking online for the stock rom for this device but I do seem to have a link where I can download it, please can someone talk to me on a step to step method ? where I can get the stock rom for this device, How I can flash it and then have all GAPPS runnning without issues ? as it is I cannot use google playstore I have it installed but it gives an error and because of that google contacts is not running as well, yahoo mail app does not sign me in I had to download contacts from yahoo and upload them to the device as vcf files and that is to say when I add new contacts they do not get backed up online, I need help please ASAP.

Thanks again.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-11-2017, 05:49 PM
(15-11-2017, 03:38 PM)Taps what you are saying is for me to back up my stock rom ? then upload to where, I have tried checking online for the stock rom for this device but I do seem to have a link where I can download it, please can someone talk to me on a step to step method ? where I can get the stock rom for this device, How I can flash it and then have all GAPPS runnning without issues ? as it is I cannot use google playstore I have it installed but it gives an error and because of that google contacts is not running as well, yahoo mail app does not sign me in I had to download contacts from yahoo and upload them to the device as vcf files and that is to say when I add new contacts they do not get backed up online, I need help please ASAP.

Thanks again.

We're asking for stock recovery not stock rom.
You can backup the stock recovery.img using rashr

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Taps
Taps
Taps
Enthusiastic Member
16-11-2017, 01:10 PM
(15-11-2017, 05:49 PM)hovatek
(15-11-2017, 03:38 PM)Taps what you are saying is for me to back up my stock rom ? then upload to where, I have tried checking online for the stock rom for this device but I do seem to have a link where I can download it, please can someone talk to me on a step to step method ? where I can get the stock rom for this device, How I can flash it and then have all GAPPS runnning without issues ? as it is I cannot use google playstore I have it installed but it gives an error and because of that google contacts is not running as well, yahoo mail app does not sign me in I had to download contacts from yahoo and upload them to the device as vcf files and that is to say when I add new contacts they do not get backed up online, I need help please ASAP.

Thanks again.

We're asking for stock recovery not stock rom.
You can backup the stock recovery.img using rashr

okay downloaded it as you instructed, but I could not get it to run the backup, find attached the error i got when I try to do the back up of the system.
thanks for your help again
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot_2017-11-16-13-00-03.png
Size: 166.04 KB / Downloads: 5
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
16-11-2017, 04:04 PM

(16-11-2017, 01:10 PM)Taps okay downloaded it as you instructed, but I could not get it to run the backup, find attached the error i got when I try to do the back up of the system.
thanks for your help again

search online for the stock rom of your device, if found then download it 
extract recovery.img from within
Pages (2): 1 2 Next