Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Need help to install Google Play Store into China Phone "Gionee M6S Plus"
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Need help to install Google Play Store into China Phone "Gionee M6S Plus"

[Please help] Need help to install Google Play Store into China Phone "Gionee M6S Plus"

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
ckpang
ckpang
ckpang
Enthusiastic Member
06-09-2017, 05:13 PM

Hi,

Recently, i purchased a phone mentioned above in China and realized that it does not come with Google Play Store.  Do you have a method to help to install Google Play Store into this phone?  If not, is there a way to Root this phone in order to install Google Play Store?

I was not able to find an Google Play Store or Google Play Service when i used the phone to search using Gionee Download.  I only found Google Play Movie, Google Play Magazine, etc.

I tried transferring Google Play apk file from my current phone and install it.  It can be installed, however, after installation, when i tried to open it, it showed me a blank white screen and stopped there.  I am at a lost now, your help is highly appreciated.

Thank you & Regards,
CK
Skyhuppa
Skyhuppa
Skyhuppa
06-09-2017, 07:19 PM
(06-09-2017, 05:13 PM)ckpang Hi,

Recently, i purchased a phone mentioned above in China and realized that it does not come with Google Play Store.  Do you have a method to help to install Google Play Store into this phone?  If not, is there a way to Root this phone in order to install Google Play Store?

I was not able to find an Google Play Store or Google Play Service when i used the phone to search using Gionee Download.  I only found Google Play Movie, Google Play Magazine, etc.

I tried transferring Google Play apk file from my current phone and install it.  It can be installed, however, after installation, when i tried to open it, it showed me a blank white screen and stopped there.  I am at a lost now, your help is highly appreciated.

Thank you & Regards,
CK

Sent from my X554 using Hovatek Forum
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-09-2017, 11:05 AM

Thank you & Regards,
CK

You first need to flash a custom recovery to the phone then flash gapps.zip (I recommend pico version) in the custom recovery

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ckpang
ckpang
ckpang
Enthusiastic Member
07-09-2017, 03:07 PM
(07-09-2017, 11:05 AM)hovatek

Thank you & Regards,
CK

You first need to flash a custom recovery to the phone then flash gapps.zip (I recommend pico version) in the custom recovery
Hi Admin,

Thanks for the reply.  So, may i know how do i flash a custom recovery and how do i flash gapps.zip after that?  Where do i get the pico version gapps.zip?  Are you able to provide a detailed step-by-step instruction?  Appreciate your help & advice.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
07-09-2017, 05:10 PM

(07-09-2017, 03:07 PM)ckpang Hi Admin,

Thanks for the reply.  So, may i know how do i flash a custom recovery and how do i flash gapps.zip after that?  Where do i get the pico version gapps.zip?  Are you able to provide a detailed step-by-step instruction?  Appreciate your help & advice.

we'll need the stock recovery of your device in order to attempt porting a custom recovery
do you have the stock recovery of your device?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-09-2017, 05:43 PM

Your phone runs on Qualcomm MSM8976 Pro Snapdragon 653 Android 6 (Marshmallow).
A custom recovery needs to be built from source or ported from a stock recovery.img.
Do you have the stock recovery?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ckpang
ckpang
ckpang
Enthusiastic Member
07-09-2017, 06:04 PM
(07-09-2017, 05:43 PM)hovatek

Your phone runs on Qualcomm MSM8976 Pro Snapdragon 653 Android 6 (Marshmallow).
A custom recovery needs to be built from source or ported from a stock recovery.img.
Do you have the stock recovery?

I don't think i have recovery.img... but how do it check my phone to see whether have or not?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-09-2017, 09:53 AM
(07-09-2017, 06:04 PM)ckpang I don't think i have recovery.img... but how do it check my phone to see whether have or not?

recovery.img is to be obtained from the stock rom for your phone

Note!
ckpang
ckpang
ckpang
Enthusiastic Member
08-09-2017, 10:43 AM
(08-09-2017, 09:53 AM)hovatek
(07-09-2017, 06:04 PM)ckpang I don't think i have recovery.img... but how do it check my phone to see whether have or not?

recovery.img is to be obtained from the stock rom for your phone
Can you advise how do i obtain the recovery.img from the stock rom of my phone?  I need detailed instruction on how to find.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
08-09-2017, 05:02 PM

(08-09-2017, 10:43 AM)ckpang Can you advise how do i obtain the recovery.img from the stock rom of my phone?  I need detailed instruction on how to find.

first start by searching online for the stock rom of your device model.
you can also consider contacting the device manufacturer, hopefully they'll assist you with the ROM
Pages (2): 1 2 Next